WTF happened last night?

Lance Jackass

Unless it was a completely freaky, random local event - did anyone else experience a silly amount of flooding last night?

Massive storm, really deep water all over town - people ditching their cars left right and centre, traffic jams.... sod me it was "interesting." Hail, torrential downpour and snow for about an hour and then nothing! It reminded me of that film "the day after tomorrow." My constant Chris Ryan impressions didn't make it any better.

All i can say is that it was F'in wierd.

LJ

i had a slight flood - but only my Mountain Dew and vodka falling off my guitar amp and going all over my plugs at band practice.

ive never been in a full on proper flood, which is weird cos living in norfolk, im surrounded by marshland, living on reclaimed land, and on the lowest part of the country.

"can anyone say WTF did i do last night?" - the green fairy

on a more related note i had a strange night last night too but somehow i don't think thats related...

absinth for everyone!

Stoke-on-Trent, flash floods at about 2:30pm, dry by 4:00pm, which I was glad about cos the 30ft across puddle outside my works depot dried up, and I ride a motorbike... :o

Rained hard last night, absolutely hammering down today. Rain coming in the house through a wall :o and getting 2 telephone sockets wet... :( Phones bozzing up, and my internet connection could die at any mo....

...*

Heavy rain falling on hard ground (caused by the recent heatwave) = flooding. Although the soil is dry, it's too hard to absorb the rainfall so it builds up on the surface or runs off and gathers at low spots.

Another consequence of the recent heatwave is that a lot of trees have been drying out. When the higher winds of autumn and winter come along expect lots of fallen branches, or if the wind gets really bad (as it tends to do in January in the UK), lots of fallen trees. Woodland skirmishers should be advised to wear helmets. ;)

Had thunder and lighning yesterday, one bolt hit just across the road and nearly caused a crash! It's amazing to see one so close, and the noise is ear piercing!

Still raining now. Every time I see sunshine, I get ready to go out only to see it raining again. Sometimes England is just depressing :(

Archived