This is going to end badly

Steve Pearson

British people are getting so bombarded about events taking place in other parts of the world that virtually nothing is ever mentioned about stuff like this. WHY?.

This is only the tip of the iceberg.

Read on -

TONY Blair will ignore voters’ wishes today and hand over Britain’s control of law and order to Brussels.

The PM has decided to give up our veto during a crunch meeting with EU officials.

He agrees with a plan to give the EU power over cross-border terrorism and the way courts deal with suspects.

But last night critics warned the move flies in the face of the British public’s demands.

And they say it paves the way for Brussels to dictate future justice laws in the UK.

A survey showed seven out of ten voters are against the bombshell move.

Giving up powers to set our own justice laws is opposed by 72 per cent of people quizzed by think-tank Open Europe.

Its director Neil O’Brien said: “The overwhelming majority of voters don’t want to give the EU more power over our courts and police.

“The proposal that is being discussed would give the European Commission even more power than it would have gained under the rejected EU Constitution.

“At the moment the Government is saying that it has an ‘open mind’ on giving up the veto. They should rule it out for good.” The UK government wants to surrender its veto on justice affairs and move to “majority voting.”

This means we could no longer block EU laws which would be imposed on the UK governing terrorism and court procedures.

Rules would govern the way the police and security services act in anti-terror probes.

They would also dictate to British courts how evidence is gathered and produced.

Anti-terror chiefs fear the move will tie their hands in dealing with suspects.

And experts — including the PM’s own adviser on legal migration — say it will have huge knock-on effects over our sovereign right to set laws.

Even the Irish Justice minister Michael McDowell admits it will strip the UK of rights.

But ministers insist they will retain an “opt-in” which gives the UK the right to only agree to a measure if they want.

Home Secretary John Reid is not attending today’s crunch talks in Finland.

Instead, he is sending his most junior minister Joan Ryan. Mr Blair is expected to rubber stamp the idea in a December summit in Brussels.

This is despite promising for the past 10 YEARS he would never surrender control over crunch areas like law.

Ministers will argue they need to give up a blocking control to allow new anti-terror measures to work for all EU states including Britain.

But Shadow Home Secretary David Davis said: “Retaining the national veto over policing, our courts and our criminal laws is vital to the UK national interest.”

I don't know about you but I believe there is something very sinister about all this.

Tony having a laugh before he goes ?

Im not one to be that aware of politics and the like, but handing over such things to the control of people situated in a different country with a different way of working, doesnt seem like a good way to organise and govern things. That goes especially on the terrorism front etc .

Cheers Steve, just checking! :)

Well it depresses but doesn't surprise me. Blair's had a big stiffy for Europe from the get go. Much as he likes to bandy the word around there's precious little democracy in our 'democracy' (we live under an executive government, not a democracy).

I'm generally Euro-sceptic by inclination, I'm all for common markets and (to some extent) open borders but being run by a (different) corrupt, beureaucracy does not appeal at all.

Bah.

Not yet. Patience.

*sits waiting* .. the reds are coming, ... this shall be our moment when the revolution comes. <_<

Ahem anyway:

Ok, .. is he really going out of his way now to destroy this country?

It's bloody hard for me to find work as it is now, with the illegal immigrants coming in, we don't want to be ruled by a country who can't bloody defend itself against a blitzkreig attack. :angry:

Well there goes any hope of me getting a job in the police here then, looks like its time to go abroad to work, which i was hoping to avoid.

Silly as this sounds, im waiting for the Military to commit a Coude ta (or however its spelt)

People think that something like a coup de'ta would never happen "Because this is Britain" and those things only happen in foreign countries. But not here in Britain, oh no.

And therein lies the BIG problem. It can very easily escalate to that level and possibly far beyond.

The British Armed Forces (with a few exceptions in the Royal Navy) swear an oath of allegiance to Her Majesty and part of that Oath is to defend Britains sovereign right to self rule. If this thing that Tony B Liar (or any future leader) plans to do results in that sovereign self rule being compromised then the Armed Forces are DUTY BOUND to prevent it...............by any means possible. Failure to do so will be considered as treason, which still carries a sentence of execution by either hanging or firing squad.

Her Maj only needs to give that one and only order to Her military commanders and all hell will break loose. Even if sovereign rule is still retain for official purposes and we are still governed by our own leaders (with the strings being pulled back in Brussels) that can still be perceived as a direct threat to sovereign rule. No matter which may you look at it, the end result will be the same.

This is actually a situation that will not only split British politics, it will split Great Britain, the people of Great Britain, Europe, the people of Europe and NATO alliance. In fact the repurcusions will be felt throught the entire world. It could even force the US administration to choose sides.

Oh, and last but not least. Every British citizen is perfectly within their legal right to prevent it.

And another thing I've just thought of. The vast majority of the British Armed Forces are over-stretched and under manned. Something the Labour Liars have done more to minimise the Army since taking power than any other government in recent years. Has this been a deliberate act to reduce the threat of military action against them? Who knows. If and when the sirens sound, it won't really matter.

You're all spelling coup d'etat wrong. :P

That's besides the point. There are only two conclusions we can draw here:

Tony Blair is actually going to follow through, and the mainstream media has been silenced because of some shady government dealings (highly probably given the man's track record). :ph34r:

or

The Sun, in it's glory, is making another whacky article (more likely conclusion).

I still worry about Blair, though. Loony b*stard.

I'm in HM Armed Forces. If the Queen decided that she'd had enough and wanted to oust Tony and his like, I'd be stepping forward for a seat on the first vehicle, hoping to get a shot at him...

Sadly, however, while Her Majesty has more power than many rulers in many nations, British monarchs seem to have forgotten how to wield it. I can't forsee any orders to detminate parliament anytime soon...

Archived