Armalite Picture Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol milla with all the things you have, i'd stick to making a nice SOPMOD M4 style carbine

Correction...all the things i WANT lol :P

True, i like the SOPMOD look, maybe i'll just get a freee float RAS instead, keeping the normal AR front sight assembly. Not a fan of the regular RIS, it becomes loose after a while. Free float is the way to go.

Do you think either one of these batteries could be converted to work with the RS VLTOR Stock? :

* G&P 9.6V 2200mah NiMH

* Sanyo 9.6V 1700mAh

I have the first battery. It's possible that it will fit, but you'll have to remove a majority of the end cap material along with the form fitting material from the battery's wired ends.

It's not that difficult if you have the tools. Airsoft receivers are wider than RS so you'll have to file down the MRF's anti-rotational tabs a tad. Also, there is a groove underneath the MRF's top rail to clamp onto the barrel nut. The G&P barrel nut positions the MRF such that there is a 4-5mm gap between the receiver and MRF. In order to eliminate that gap, you'll have to eliminate the teeth on the barrel nut. My dremel took care of that.

As far as I know, retailers of Troy products will not ship overseas.

Finally got a chance to install the VLTOR Receiver onto one of my M4s. Nice and simple... the way I like 'em ;) :

vltorm4eotech01smallag5.jpg

vltorm4eotech02smallcl0.jpg

RS EoTech 552

* No Scope, pic A

* No Scope, pic B

* Aimpoint mounted

* With a RS Dr Optik

It still doesn't make any sense to me why G&P can't sell these with the appropriate cuts and sections filed off that every one who buys them will have to do anyway. <_<

My appologies for the sheer $#!T quality of these pics. My decent camera is on loan to a friend so I had to make do with my gf's camera.