British Politics

Steve Pearson

Wow this one has been around here in the US of A for wuite a while. Except I believe it was that it was the republican party changing out the elephant.

**no offense intended to any republican mrmbers**

edited for speeling

The opinion you express by not voting, is that you don't care. If you don't care, why bother later? Not voting is not an excuse, especially in a country where the votes are not cheated (GWB's first election, someone?)

If you really want to express your opinion that politics are rubbish, draw a cock on the paper, that will count as a null, but it's still voting.

Very much so. Only 61% of people voted in 2005. (BBC statistics) so roughly 2/5 people cant complain as they didn't vote.

Apparently voting lines in London were longer than in many heavily democratic areas of Ohio?

The opinion you express by not voting, is that you don't care. If you don't care, why bother later? Not voting is not an excuse, especially in a country where the votes are not cheated (GWB's first election, someone?)

If you really want to express your opinion that politics are rubbish, draw a cock on the paper, that will count as a null, but it's still voting.

Or research all the candidates and pick from the lesser known ones or do a write in for someone else.

GWB's first election, someone?

I'd hardly call the electoral college system "cheating." This isn't the first time it has happened, and if it was really cheating they would have fixed it in the 100 years since then. Regardless, the condom thing still is funny.

The opinion you express by not voting, is that you don't care.

Yeah i agree. If you dont vote means that you couldn't careless about everything going on around with you. Plus you cant really argue on any major subject like iraq, Afganistan, longer, opening hours, health policy, NHS, Taxes etc.....

As you couldn't be bothered to make a statement when you were given a chance. That statement is your vote.

Other than that i do find that picture rather amusing.

The new flag was unveiled by "Rubber" Johnny Prescott, I take it ;)

Makes sense, quite funny.

No, i believe it was richard johnson tallywhacker

:mellow: Pretty much sums it up. What the heck are you on about? Richard Johnson isn't a British politician.. infact, a google search comes up with a journalist. <_<

How is drawing a cock voting? Last time I checked, voting involved picking an option available, and last time I checked, Seymour Cock was not running for PM.

I spit on America, so no voting for me. But then again, I spit on everything.

Scribbling on the paper indicates you're not happy with any of the choices, its political participation. If 40% of the population scribbled on their papers things would certainly change, and those who voted wouldn't get so mad when these people complained about politics

Very much so. Only 61% of people voted in 2005. (BBC statistics) so roughly 2/5 people cant complain as they didn't vote.

By that logic you should vote for someone you don't support if order to justify being unhapy with the result? <_<

Perhaps some people are voicing their opinions by not voting?

Indeed. ;)

The opinion you express by not voting, is that you don't care.

There is plenty of voter apathy in Britain. :unsure:

There are also many people who do not see any fundamental difference between the manifestos of the mainstream political parties & therefore don't see the point in voting. :blink:

I think the local elections are more an honest statement of peoples feelings.

Surely the huge number of people who always vote for the same party regardless are the ones that show true contempt for the process. :angry:

How is drawing a cock voting? Last time I checked, voting involved picking an option available, and last time I checked, Seymour Cock was not running for PM.

However we still ended up with a ###### in charge. :(

Archived