LPEGs, MPEGs, and other Chinese goodness!

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope...

M16A3 is the same as A2 except for the full auto trigger group. Many of these are simply A2 uppers on older A1 lowers. Those are still in storage somewhere with the Navy Seals.

There is plenty of confusion, however, as many civilian ARs were marketed as "A3" when they had a flat-top upper. Even more confusion comes from airsoft brands such as ICS marketing their full-size flat-top rifles as "M16A3". Many civilian authors such as Maxim Popenker are still confused in this matter. Popenker is Russian and lives in Russia, his knowledge of latest M16s is based on what he hears from the sales reps at gun shows and defense industry fairs (and Colt ideed calls the flat top upper an "A3" upper)

In the military nomenclature, however, the designation "M16A3" belongs to a full-auto variation of the basic M16A2 model. A flat top "M16A3" was PROPOSED by Colt, but was adopted as "M16A4" instead as the A3 designation was already being used for those hybrid A2 upper / A1 lower combos and the few full-auto "mutated" A2s here and there. But the eneral public wouldn't know this, and are still stuck with the "flat top = A3" myth...

Well you learn something new every day, thanks. And yes, I was basing this partially off of Popenker's text. :D

To try and get this back on topic, I scored some Revision Sawflies on ebay for under $30! I'll post up pictures as soon as I can get back to my camera.

But ASGI doesn't carry the A3. ;)

And ASGI kills my pretty trademarks. So, its Airsplat, AEX, or Poweredge for me. ^_^

Now, to get this thing back on topic..

MP40.jpg

M14.jpg

Above Pictured: AGM MP40, Upgraded internally with metal bushings and a PDI 120% spring

Below Pictured: Kart M14, Stock..

AGM MP40

img0502or6.th.jpg

with silencer

img0500tg8.th.jpg

The quality of the AGM MP40 is great, there are a few minor imperfections and i dont like the selector switch, but it has great stock power, even with the included battery and the metal gives it a good weight. its also comfortable to hold.

Edited by Jaager

im surprised how long the stock battery has lasted, i charged it up once and its still going after about 20-25 mags. the mags are the main problem with the MP40, only real caps and the 50rnd low cap.

my next purchase will probably be the JG M733 or the L96 with bipod most likely end up getting the L96.

with all the new ACM guns, there are so many that i want. like the Dboys CASV or A&K S system or AGM M14 or JG MP5SD.

............Um..........................SL8 support weapon anyone

SL8belt-feed9.jpg

SL8belt-feed7.jpg

A sort of modern/futuristic SAW

BE SL8 : CA 7mm gearbox w/ m150 (for now), Systema super torque helicals, Systema type 0 cylinder, Systema PC piston, Area 1000 piston head, CA hopup, custom mosfet, 10.8v 3600mah nimh.

This was previously a DMR. I will be downgrading the spring and possibly switch back to standard ratio gears.

I have a 25mm fan mounted in the bottom plate of the grip wired off of the motor. Probably unnecessary, but hey, why not :)

SL8fan.jpg

Still waiting on the materials for the boxmag. It'll be built off of the magwell.

It's not 100% Chinese, but it's close. :)

BE SL8 : CA 7mm gearbox w/ m150 (for now), Systema super torque helicals, Systema type 0 cylinder, Systema PC piston, Area 1000 piston head, CA hopup, custom mosfet, 10.8v 3600mah nimh.

This was previously a DMR. I will be downgrading the spring and possibly switch back to standard ratio gears.

I have a 25mm fan mounted in the bottom plate of the grip wired off of the motor. Probably unnecessary, but hey, why not :)

Still waiting on the materials for the boxmag. It'll be built off of the magwell.

Wow that is err awesome, top job man, is it in Projects :)?

Edited by Predator_2k

>snippety snippety<

>snip<

my god thats more beautiful than it should be. join the front of the rail thingy to the front of the gun to improve it. i never have liked how the rail on top of SL8s goes

my god thats more beautiful than it should be. join the front of the rail thingy to the front of the gun to improve it. i never have liked how the rail on top of SL8s goes

I've been trying to figure out a clean way to do that exact thing.

Great minds :D

SL8belt-feed9.jpg

SL8belt-feed7.jpg

SL8fan.jpg

Nice Gun Buddy. :D

*VuLcAn*

@ catch22: nice gun, thats the Boyi casv? is there anyway of fitting a mini battery inside the rail unit, im thinking of getting one but i dont really like the look of the battery box and i think the KA CASV holds a mini so does that one.