What AM bestest Sniper Rifle!!!11one1.

thunderhammer

Shich sniperrifle do you use? (read post first)  

634 members have voted

1. 1. Shich sniperrifle do you use? (read post first)

• aps-2 or variant
    • type 96
    • tanaka aics
    • tanaka m700
    • vsr 10 (or variant)
    • kj m700
    • something else, what?

i voted other ,

i'm currently in the start of re-building my cheapsoft m14 into a m21 but it will go slow as i will need to save the money up for the parts.

(any help or sugestions on what internal parts to go for would be of great help, please p.m me with your sugestions so as not to clog up this thread )

i also own a hfc usr 11 witch is a copy of the vrs real shock , all that has been done to that at the moment is the piston weights have been removed and a 20mm rail fitted to the top.

i don't know any 1 with the barrett so if any 1 here does what is it like to shot and game with?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use CO2,look for the picture of my rifle in teh BB test, much more power,i can adjust from 100-800fps,much more consistent,cheaper gas

Most interested. Not seen this before.

I see that back in april you were preparing a review. Did ya post it? if so where?

Greg.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for VSR's, but atm I have SP M40XB with 300% spring, OK cylinder set, pdi hop up and KM's precision barrel and I gotta say that this is definitely my favorite "sniper rifle" and the trigger is lightened.

But if you ain't going to upgrade m40xb it ain't worth the money in my opinion, but once you've got it upgraded theres no coming back to those light weight plastic guns ;)

I'm considering changing the spring to 200% as 300% is bit too powerful, it's not fun if you have to be extremely careful when to shoot and always be afraid that if it hits head it may leave a scar/ inflict a lot of pain etc.

Anyway, if you got money and fancy guns that are made of wood/metal my choice would be this M40XB in case your able to upgrade it. It won't let you down and as it is pretty rare ( and imo damn good looking! ) you'll get some attention at Off-game area.

Well thats about it, my first post here so hey :)

For a beginner I'd still recommend VSR or it's clone.

• 2 weeks later...

i am possibly looking to start sniping and i have been looking at the fully upgraded TM G-Spec on zero1 or a CA m24 but i have heard that CA m24s are not good to upgrade so i was wondering which you guys think i should go for as a beginner and i though it was pointless to make another what am bestest gun thread.

cheers

jack

• 3 weeks later...

i go for realism in weight etc. so the m700 AICS. I got a second hand one so that it has a pcs bolt- useful if im doing woodland skirmish one day and urban another. After a few more £s spent on it it should be able to kick out very constant and accurate shots.

And at the moment its already cheaper than an upgraded vsr-10

I bought my aics for £200 :D

• 1 month later...

Here's a new addition:

9. AGM MP002 L96.

24801023639.jpg

The AGM L96 is AGM's second foray into the spring sniper rifle market. It's basically the MP001 with a longer cylinder in an L96 AW stock, much like the AICS. It's very cheap, costing typically 80-100 dollars, and chronos in at around 440 fps with .2g bb's. The trigger mech is a VSR-10 clone, and fits VSR-10 aftermarket sears. The cylinder is an APS-2 Type 96 clone, and is longer than the MP001 cylinder. The hopup and barrel are identical to the MP001 In other words, the hopup isn't upgradeable, and it only fits dbcustom, EdGI, or modified Madbull barrels. Stock accuracy isn't very good, as it has a wide inner barrel. The finish is pretty good, but not as good as the WELL MB01. Heft is very good, as it has weights glued into the stock. The major advantage to this rifle is that it's cheap, has very good stock power for a very light bolt-pull, and is a solid gun if you install a tightbore. The U-hop is a major drawback, as is the APS-10/96 style upgradeability (VSR-10 trigger/APS96 cylinder). It's a good budget rifle, and would make a good starter sniper rifle, but I would recommend the WELL over this gun for budget owners seeking a more competitive gun.

Review: http://groups.google.com/group/asgar/web/s...s--new-releases

Oh, and the MP001 is VSR-10 compatible in the trigger mech, APS2 compatible in the cylinder. The WELL MB02 is a full GSPEC clone, and takes trigger, cylinder, hopup, and barrel upgrades, and fits the GSPEC silencer also.

VSR-G SPEC with upgrade. Having read as much as I could, I decided on Spring. It was a great choise in my opinion.

Currently considering a Tanaka AICS as a second rifle.

Side arm is a Glock G17

Good Hunting

Hmmm I run an APS2-EX converted into an L96. So which poll slot would you put that in? :P

Personally though, I'd say the TM g-spec / vsr range are probably the best. Never owned one but I know plenty who have, and as much as I love my 'EX96' it has given me alot of headaches in the past.

• 4 weeks later...

What does "instead" mean in that context? You mean you use the spring l85 "rather than", or you just happened to have the l85?

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm betting that your l85 isn't in the category of "am best" for airsoft sniper rifles, hell the l85 isn't a "sniper rifle" anyway, it is an assault rifle.

• 3 weeks later...

a friend of mine wants to get a sniperrifle and he is quiet on a budget. he can't decide between the well warrior l96 and the jing gon bar-10, which he liked without reading any review. guess he has a good eye for low-budget snipers :) so he asked me, which one he should buy and i want to pass that question to you guys, since i have no idea and the performance is quiet the same on these two.

what do you think is the better one? and what parts have to be exchanged for durability and best performance?

Archived