WE MP5 GBB & MP5K GBB (APACHE SMG)

rusTORK

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well...

Finally skirmished mine in CQB today.

Absolutely awesome!

Yes, the mag catch thing can catch you out if you're not well on top of it as you install a new mag. Yes the mag catches can get knocked down when pulling it out of the mag pouch. Mine are fairly loose, so I didn't have too much of a problem with it. But it is worth noting, and in my opinion it's something WE should look to remedy.

It's not as disastrous as you might think, and I think I only suffered about two mag 'clicks' throughout the entire day.

There has to be an easy fix.

We tried taking a tiny bit off the top of the follower, and yes it works with my mod that I mentioned before, but the downside is that it leaves a round in the chamber. Not too much of an issue if you can remember to cock the gun before putting in a fresh mag.

But that said. Baring in mind it's pretty cold today. It fared very well. 
The three round burst works like a charm, the full auto is sweet as a nut. I'd say it struggles to empty a full mag before gassing out. Probably won't be an issue in warmer temperatures, but in the depths of winter, it's something to be aware of.

The recoil is sturdy and gives a positive amount of feedback. Certainly has a very nice feel to it.

Coupled with a nice shoulder harness the pointability of this thing is perfect.

The range is pretty good, and having had the chance to crono this on Propane, it's running closer to 340-350fps than the advertised 300-310. I still had it over-hopping ever so slightly on 0.25's. But that didn't matter due to the ranges in CQB.

I scored a number of very good kills and was able to sweep up opposition very nicely, even against the AEG Hi-Cap crowd.

I can confirm it is a VSR style hop rubber, although WE have used their own, with a slightly different nub, closer to an A+ style square nub.
So that bodes well.

And OMFG... The Magazine isn't the right shape! Did I notice.... Not a jot. So that one can be put to bed.

All in all, I've had a damned fine day, very enjoyable with some very good results.

Very pleased with this little Kurz.

few little things that could be improved upon. But then isn't that always the case.

Apologies Blobface if you found that mocking, it wasn't it's intent to offend.

Just a little tongue in cheek quip about what no doubt has now become the 'standing joke' about the WE MP5 series.

But, for those who were genuinely concerned over the ergonomic function of how the magazine fits, then rest assured, it's not an issue and doesn't interfere with your positioning on the rifle in the slightest.

For those who are concerned over the aesthetic form of the magazine shape. I can't do anything about that... Sorry. My powers are getting weak now I'm an old man.

Just passing on my thoughts and observations to the masses seeing as I am one of the few people who have actually got their grubby paws on this and can speak from personal unbiased experience, rather than a pre-paid product review.

Not to drag this on and on but it would be interesting to see how the WE magazines fare in magazine pouches designed for MP5 magazines.

As for NPAS, never heard of them working all that great. The concept is good but from what I understand if you want it to hold the setting you have to loctite it, and then the NPAS loses half of it's usefulness. Add to that that the inherant inconsistensies of GBB weapons and you have a recipe for fluctuating FPS no matter what. The best you can hope for is get a steady FPS in room temp, lock it in and hope that whatever place you are going to isn't hotter than room temp :P

One thing I like about this is that the upper and bolt assembly and handle are steel, you should be able to do HK slaps all day long without worries, and that's nice. Can you imagine the handle being pot metal and going on for an HK slap and just see it falling to the ground :P

Still contemplating getting the A2 or waiting for A3... I mean, I like the full stock looks, but it's not as practical and flexible as the adjustable stock.

Also, anyone who gets the full size I want to know what kind of handguards with lights it can take, that is my favorite look :o

Wasnt someone going to check the compatability between the VFC and WE?

Also out of interest what flashligh handguard are people going for? I had the VFC one before and found it pretty pants to be honest. Meant to be a clone of the Surefire but is totally different. Doesnt even take the same bulbs! I found the standard one very dull aswell.

What are the G&P ones like?

That's very interesting. It also gives hope to the idea that there will be a sliding stock version of the full sized MP5 (be it the SD or normal MP5). This is speculation based on the fact, that that end plate of the MP5K (as shown in the ra tech video) cannot go on the full sized MP5. Hhmmm. I am relating to WE's MP5 (both the K version and the full stock full size version, what WE are calling Apaches).

Just have to be a bit patient and hopefully that patience will be rewarded.

Archived