Hephaestus Project T = Tavor TAR-21 GBB

rusTORK

Just make the AUG that takes STANAGs then.  It'd be stupid not to, you'll sell more guns to the people who've already invested in the magazines.

I agree, given a GHK mag in the UK is around £50 the big cost is in the magazines, not the gun (in stock form), anyone with a number of GHK mags already is a potential customer and for those who don't there are benefits to using a slimmer magazine design of a known quality and availability.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they didn't make their own mags then I guess it would only make sense to use what's currently available. They won't get profits from mag sales anyway. But if a company did have the capacity to make their own mags like say GHK, I'm inclined to think they'd have to do a lot of weighing as to which mags to produce. On one hand they'll be able to sell guns easier to people who are already invested in the mags. On the other, you stand a chance to gain more followers and sell new/more mags all the same. It will depend on the popularity I suppose. Take KWA's Vector. They could have simply used their existing 9mm or .40 mags and sleeve it to a .45 but I don't think the fans would have taken a liking to that idea so they went ahead and made .45 mags anyway.

Take KWA's Vector. They could have simply used their existing 9mm or .40 mags and sleeve it to a .45 but I don't think the fans would have taken a liking to that idea so they went ahead and made .45 mags anyway.

The difference with the Kriss is that the real one doesn't take the 9mm sized mags KWA already made, whereas the AUG does come in a varient that takes STANAG mags so it's still realistic to use what is already available.

Why make a Galil when you can make an M4 heh.

Especially when everyone have got M4 magazines.

M4 Magazines SLOWING progress in community!

Burn them. ;)

Anyway, they switched to Israel weapon. Maybe it will push someone to make Galil.

I wonder why nobody has used co2 uzi mags or Mac 11 mags or.long glocke mags to make a m4 msg?

Glock lowers exist

Glock%20Pattern%20Bravo%20Rail%205-5%20B

as do uzi

http://rs244.pbsrc.com/albums/gg34/stealthyblagga/AR159mmBigStickMagazine20.jpg~320x480

as do Sten mag and 32 round colt mags lowers including the gorgeous doe carbine.

http://rs61.pbsrc.com/albums/h63/critical-mass/ColtDOE-1.jpg~320x480

Similarly I wonder why we haven't seen a keltec sub2000

takedown.gif

or other pcc's like the rugger pc9 or hell even that supressed 45acp Lee enfield conversion Other than homemade builds.

I mean the mags have been buiLT for ages and the basic direct blowback system has been around for ages (pretty much all airsoft blowback pistols) and the wa system.with it's use of the buffer tube is to my mind far more complex.

Similarly why hasn't anyone used the mac and mp9 smg style bolt to do a Thompson. Long stick mags top bolt direct blowback. Hell the recoil could be similar to rs pcc's which in 9 mm are generally snappy and sharp as opposed to the heavy thump of rifle rounds.

• 3 weeks later...

Hephaestus confirmed that their "Project T" is Tavor TAR-21 GBB.

Here is last photo:

1655462_640579232719312_2944844736799420

Before that photo was only available render.

10687515_621464257964143_125186108793117

There is no any information about tech specs, but as Hephaestus said - "...It will be compatible with some GBB magazines currently available on the market...". I bet it will be GHK magazines.

Good start of the 2015 year. :)

Hephaestus Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HephaestusAirsoft

From what I've heard, it will take GHK G5 magazines...   Can't wait.

Archived