MARUI AA-12 SHOTGUN

chas

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was planning on buying the gun plus the drum anyways, just trying to figure out what they're thinking. Is this their way of reminding us that a full auto mag-fed shotgun is a poor idea in the real world?

The real box mags only hold 8. TM makes a mag that holds 3.75 times that and you're still complaining? Box mags = not so spammy for the milsim crowd. Drum mags = welcome to Spamalot. Choose which one suits your style of play. If it's in between like a real cap drum mag, you'll have to resort to your own inventiveness in modding the two together unless someone like MAG makes them.

Wuts? Real gun only has full auto? Murica!

Box mags and drums I very much approve but I just hate those noisy "looks like a regular mag" -hicaps.

Sadly double-stacker midcaps are doomed to fail, this would actually be the perfect place for em.

Full auto only because it shoots so slowly that it's very easy to just let go of the trigger for single shots. Since TM shoots twice as fast they reckon people might want a semi auto function. It's hidden between safe and full auto so it doesn't ruin the looks at any rate.

The real box mags only hold 8. TM makes a mag that holds 3.75 times that and you're still complaining? Box mags = not so spammy for the milsim crowd. Drum mags = welcome to Spamalot. Choose which one suits your style of play. If it's in between like a real cap drum mag, you'll have to resort to your own inventiveness in modding the two together unless someone like MAG makes them.

Maybe things are different where you play but I can't see many players, mil-sim or not, opting to carry 6+ of those mags over just getting the drum. Considering the poor ammo capacity relative to the bulk of the magazines is one of the primary reasons the real AA-12 has never been adopted by anyone, yeah, I was kind of hoping they'd make a midcap that takes advantage of that enormous magazine size rather than hold less than a STANAG.

Maybe things are different where you play but I can't see many players, mil-sim or not, opting to carry 6+ of those mags over just getting the drum.

Plenty of people lug 6+ mags holding 30 rounds all the time in GBBRs and not all of them are even into milsim. Heck, you yourself skirmish with shell ejecting shotguns, a feature commonly associated with collector's items due to impracticality. If anything I could see people wanting the drum mag more just for the aesthetics rather than capacity as that's what the weapon is most commonly depicted with.

The size of the mags are managable. I can see myself having room for at least 8.

I'm probably still going to get the drum in case ultimate shinanigans need be had.

please note, I'm 6'2" an weigh 240lbs

Plenty of people lug 6+ mags holding 30 rounds all the time in GBBRs and not all of them are even into milsim. Heck, you yourself skirmish with shell ejecting shotguns, a feature commonly associated with collector's items due to impracticality. If anything I could see people wanting the drum mag more just for the aesthetics rather than capacity as that's what the weapon is most commonly depicted with.

+1

on my phone, my spelling will suck

Shooting in semi, 30 shots per mag should be enough for what is (for me) a CQB gun. If I was only carrying that I wouldn't mind to have 6 mags on me, as that's why I carry for some other systems.

However, as a secondary gun, I'd rather have the drum mag and forget about it :)

Just wait for the inevitable MAG midcaps holding twice the capacity of the regular Marui ones. This should be an excellent ambush/ counter ambush gun. Kudos to Marui for the innovation, I know a lot of people have been speculating about an electric tri-shot system for a long while, cool to see it actually done.

Plenty of people lug 6+ mags holding 30 rounds all the time in GBBRs

Believe me, I am not a speedsofter balking at the idea of carrying more than a single hicap. Like you said, I regularly use shell-ejecting shotguns in CQB, and for field I typically carry a machine gun while simultaneously carrying a rifle as backup. But I'm not sure how many here are familiar with how huge and unwieldy shotgun mags are. If your GBBR is using 30rd AR magazines, then your mags are around a third the volume of a single 8rd 12ga magazine for an automatic shotgun. How many folks would be willing to carry 16+ AR mags? I can carry a cluster of six AR mags or fifty or so loose shells in just a SAW gunner's pouch and have a decent combat load, leaving plenty of room for other gear, but when I carry a full load of 12ga Saiga mags it requires a dedicated rig. How to carry enough ammo efficiently is one of the most common questions I see three-gun shooters new to mag-fed shotguns ask.

I'm sure there are a fair number of people who will be willing to do it for the sake of milsim. I'm just saying I think most players will opt for the drum over struggling with a faithful replication of one of the main reasons nobody adopted the AA12 in the real world, and since the one mag is pretty useless on its own it seems to me like it'd be more practical to sell the gun with a higher capacity mag and have the 'lowcaps' as an aftermarket option, or just go whole hog and sell it with the drum.

Archived