Md0ggyd0g

It's even better when at a skirmish, you and your buddies level your assault rifles and yell, "WE WILL STAND AND FIGHT!" before unleashing a hailstorm of gunfire at the opposition.

I overheard our football coach talking about showing us 300 before the big kickoff next season. Having the team watch that movie before going into football is going to guarantee us a landslide win.

I'm talking about American football, by the way. I play lineman, and while I was watching 300, I imagined myself and my fellow linemen smashing into the opposition much like the Spartans did... only we don't have spears and shields.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't tried that with football, but I've tried that with airsoft. Aside from the aforementioned "WE WILL STAND AND FIGHT!" situation, the other favorite line is "GIVE THEM NOTHING! BUT TAKE FROM THEM EVERYTHING!" That was screamed, over the radio, by our team leader as the team went on a major offensive thrust through enemy lines. When me and my sniper buddy heard that, we grinned at each other under our masks, raised our rifles, and charged straight ahead.

And yes, although we are normally a sniper-spotter team, we switched to standard assault rifles when the team needed extra firepower. I borrowed a G36C and an MP7A1 off a teammate, and he went with his AUG A1 and MP5K. It was fun to perform charges as Airsofters. It's ten times more fun when you imagine yourself as a modern-day Spartan charging with his latter-day spear and sword.

I found it very appropriate to use when I was playing Risk just yesterday...

Coincidentally I only had Southern Europe left too, with about 15 pieces left, and one of my friend has about 50 around me...

"THIS. IS. SPARTAAAA~!!!!" *roll dice*

I actually held off my first friend... but then my other friend raped me from another front X(

• 2 weeks later...

Okay...a challenge.

If someone can find me and send me some bright red material that I can use as a cape, and a fake spartan helmet, I promise to wear it for an entire afternoons gaming at the rather close quarters Unreal CQB site. Ill even try to get pics. Including of all the BB scars I recieve!

Be aware that I am 30, >18st and stand 5'9 with a 44" waist so Im more Jabba The Hutt than Leonidas. But a challenge is a challenge.

:P

I hated this movie man it was stupid and i loved sin city what a total pile of ######, i have the graphic novel and man is it way better.

What a well-formulated opinion! :rolleyes:

Seriously, if you are going to bash something, try not to come off as a complete idiot. Just a thought, you should try one some time!

Those six-packs were all real. It took seven months of intense dieting and exercise to turn Hollywood pretty boys into honest-to-God Spartans. I hope they release a workout video guide...

"THE MAKING OF A SPARTAN"

Imagine the kind of money they would make off that!

Well, I guess I was wrong then.

Wow... all real... :blink:

Archived