Md0ggyd0g

It's 2:49 in the morning as I write this, I just got back from the 12:01 showing. I have school tomarrow, I'm going in late; and it was so worth it.

Everything about it was amazing. I liked how there weren't any huge actors so you'd relate it to a previous film. I loved the effects. I loved the comradery amongst the men. I loved the entire ideal that few can stand up for what is right. Plus the end was great. I'm not trying to spoil anything, so I'll leave it at that.

But it's a must see. However it's not a date movie. Seriously, if you can keep your eyes off this movie for your date you most likely have some issues.

So how many of you have seen it? Thoughts? I think release int eh UK is the 23rd, so for now this is mostly US people I guess.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to watch this.

I am, however, disappointed at the omission of the Thespians, Thebans, Arcadians and other Greek warriors who also fought and died bravely in that battle. If they can spend that much on effects, surely that can spend money to CG in a few allies as well.

Misleading history is defamation of history :P

Aw I can't wait. I was going to drive to NYC to see it in an IMAX, but I might just watch it tonight or tomorrow and then again in the city. It sounds sooo good, and all of my friends and I have been waiting to see it for so long. If we pass each other in the hall and someone yells, "This is madness!" you have to yell, "This is Sparta!" Obsessed.

Guzzi Hero, this is not a historically based movie.

It is a movie of a graphic novel that was based on historical event.

A historical event that was inflated by Herodotus when he wrote his account of the battle.

I would like to go and see it but I am off to see all 3 Lord of the Rings films in a row at the cinema on Saturday night/Sunday morning. then on sunday evening I am off to see Letters from Iwo Jima. I will probably have had enough of the cinema by that point.

lol everyone dies at the end. It's history...

It's not the end of the battle (that's a little depressing actually), but I'm talking the end of the movie where they guy says to the effect of "That's what 300 spartans could do, no we are 10,000 and 25,000 athenian allies"

And it's not historically totally accurate, it's not supposed to be. Whoever mentioned the graphic novel was correct, it follows that as opposed to history. For example the person who sold them out was a man to crippled to fight, as opposed to a trader. Though the well incident was true, along with a few other notables.

It's only a $60million movie as well. Somewhat small for how much I'm sure it's going to make. And 100% was shot in front of blue/green screens.

I personally looked up the movie itself, and the surrounding battles (including the battle of Thermopalyae).

backround (makes the movie even better)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/300_(film)

Just got back from watching this.

OMGBBQWTFBESTACTIONMOVIEEVER!

I don't give a rat's *albatross* who says this is not history. It's Hollywood, they make history interesting. Oh and don't be a pirate this time, This is well worth the $8 or so dollars.

Archived