Md0ggyd0g

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think so, and according to that same news article I read, they whupped them persians in that battle.

And no, I'm not afraid of gays, in fact my [catholic] school, there seems to be a lot of them, especially since the church kind of looks down on guys bumping uglies... but I'm just speculating on who's gay. Maybe they're really effeminate heteros. I was just noting that Xerxes seem really gay to me, and possibly that enhances the hate for/patheticness they want you to feel for the persian soldiers... even though there was supposedly a million, they all seemed to be throwing themselves on the spartan spears.

Strangely enough, Saint Francis. If I WERE in Bellarmine I bet I'd be seeing a lot more. I didn't really notice many at Mitty, but I was only there for half a day.

Wrong. Bellarmine has a much lower 'out' homosexual population then Mitty, probably because its full of testosterone laden boys who wouldn't know how to deal with the news that their friend was a homosexual.

Mitty, on the other hand, was extremely gay friendly, and I can remember at least a dozen people from my graduating class that were 'out.'

I imagine St. Francis' situation is closer to Mittys, I think co-ed education harbors a better environment for high-school aged homosexuals.

Steve

Doubt that. Couldn't fit all his troops in that pass. Noir did he probably think it would take that many of them.

Leonidas's corpse handling only further backs the point they didn't have to great of honor.

And showering them with arrows at the end of the battle. Over kill. Again no honor.

Hardly overkill. It's exactly what Xerxes should have done on day one. But he didn't precisely because he believed in honor. Much of ancient and medieval warfare was little more than a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors. When you're army consists of light infantry, light cavalry, and archers, and you only have one way to go, and that's through the enemy, you have to use the archers. Light cavalry (even heavy cavalry) and light infantry, particularly in confined battles, are going to be slaughtered by heavy infantry. The only way to beat heavy infantry is with more heavy infantry, to out-manuever the enemy (difficult in such tight confines, again), or to shower the enemy with arrows. In this case, Xerxes had no choice but to shower the Greeks with arrows. And it worked. Heavy infantry is a rock. Light infantry and cavalry are scissors. Archers are paper.

All Xerxes did was play the game wrong for two days and then finally realize what he was doing wrong on the last. Honor had nothing to do with Xerxes decision on the third day. Winning the battle did.

Wait, so you're saying that by making him a little "gay" it makes you hate him more?

Not really hate. It's just, when you think of gays, do you think of war?

And I would've suspected Bellarmine the most... I mean, what straight guy would want to go to an all guys school? At least that's how I feel.

Not really hate. It's just, when you think of gays, do you think of war?

And I would've suspected Bellarmine the most... I mean, what straight guy would want to go to an all guys school? At least that's how I feel.

When I think of gays, I think of three things:

-The Village People

-Gimp suits

-Greek warriors

In fact, the Greeks had elite military units made up exclusively of homosexual men. In Japan, many samurai had similar inclinations toward their fellow man: That the only true love a warrior could expirience was with another warrior, an extension of the brotherly love that warriors are noted to form. And since for most of Japan's 'classic' history, women were not and could not be warriors, that left men. Much the same reasoning was used behind the Greek homosexual warriors, only rather than being merely a manly love, it was also a holy love.

Of course, no one will ever make a movie of the brave homosexual Greek holy warriors who were completely wiped out by Alexander and his Macedonians. Western history takes the side of the Macedonians against the Greeks, just as it takes the side of the Spartans over and above the other Greeks against the Persians, the Hebrews against the Persians, the Arabs against the Persians, the Athenians against the Spartans, and the Romans against everyone else (except the Crusaders).

They weren't exactly homosexual as they didn't have sex and pedastry was pretty common across all of Greece at the time. If you were a young boy in most of Greece you'd have a older male lover. Which is relatively similar to some part of Afghanistan. ;)

Thinking that gay people are less effective than straight ones is simply modern prejudice.

Ever heard the Sacred Band of Thebes? It's a unit comprised of hundreds of pairs of male lovers. They fought against Alexander the Great's forces to the last man much like the Spartans did against the Persians.

I think that lovers (no matter what the sexual orientation may be) make effective fighters. My g/f certainly functioned better than any male teammate to me. I actually cared for the well-being of the person next to me because it was someone I loved and not just another faceless, anonymous squadmate.

When I think of gays, I think of three things:

-The Village People

-Gimp suits

-Greek warriors

In fact, the Greeks had elite military units made up exclusively of homosexual men.

IIRC from two years of studying Greek Mythology, in those days there werent really such definitions as hetero and homo sexual, almost every man in greece would have taken part in some horny man loving at some point in his life. it was the way of things. sex with women was mainly for procreation, though the prostitutes made quite a living from the sailors and the soldiers who had no mates around. in those days men enjoyed mens company and women were truley lower than second class citizens. men would do queer things to each other as a sign of friendship, you go down the pub with your mates, have a few beers, go home and play playstation or whatever, in those days you would have enjoyed a feast, a shed load of wine, probably given and recieved some man love and all had a great laugh about politics. that was the way of the world. and buttsechs was very rare, mostly the man love was just, well, you get the idea. they werent gay as we would describe, they werent bisexual, they were just doing what friends did.

From what I have experienced that general attitude continues in a watered down way into modern Greece and (no confirmation of this) some of the other modern day countries that comprised ancient Greece.

It was and is not about being gay or straight but about using a whole different paradigm with regards to sexuality.

As has been already mentioned above, women were for kids and your mates were for fun.

There are plenty of activities in modern Britain that would be regarded by most detached observers as extremely homoerotic. I present as an example the communal bath after a rugby game.

Basically if you have any kind of problem with people's sexuality and personal choices then that problem is with you.

If they only take part in consensual relationships, regardless of orientation then you should just wind your neck in.

Who cares who the soldiers were intimate with, I guarantee they would kick your *albatross*.

Stunt

Archived