FN Picture Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do wish somebody would make a replica, at least a red-dot version of the Specter DR, even if it doesn't have the zoom option. I'd buy it.

No way I'm spending $1800 on an optic.

Edited by Mig1

The Gen 4 SCAR also has a different selector, rear sight, and... Well, here are some pics:

Different rear sight? I know they changed the front sight (locking pin mechanism) but what was changed on the rear?

I liked the 3rd Gen selector better, but i also understand why they have changed it - safty issue, especially when you are used to an AR15 selector switch.

I figured I'd do a writeup with photos of my M240 vehicle mount.

m240mount01.jpg

The mount itself is the tan item. The green object below is known as a universal pintle adapter. It is not a tripod, but I have it there because it allows the setup to stand up on level ground for photography purposes. The universal pintle adapter is what would usually be below any of the smaller (vs MK19 or M2) mounted guns. It adapts the small pintle to the larger pintle found on most stationary or vehicular military mounts. It also has a traverse and elevation adjustment bar on the back, but for our purposes, that mostly remains unused.

m240mount02.jpg

The square tube is the adapter between the M240 mount and the eagle claw mount, which has the small pintle. The eagle claw can fit the front hole of the M240 or M249 as well, but would not allow for the ammo can or rear pin support.

m240mount03.jpg

Here is the ammo can/magazine on the mount. You can see the BB feeder tube and adapter mechanism sticking out of the ammo can. This slides onto the side of the M240 and provides it with BBs. The shock cord and fastex buckle secure the ammo can into the M240 mount.

m240mount04.jpg

m240mount05.jpg

m240mount06.jpg

The interior of the ammo can. This is simply the OEM magazine internals sitting inside of an ammo can. The left side is sloped so that all the BBs feed. You can see the magazine power hookup behind the feed tray on the M240. I'm not sure what the total BB capacity is, but its tremendous. Probably something like 12,000 BBs.

m240mount07.jpg

When it is all assembled, the BB feed tube is out of sight enough to be convincing.

m240mount08.jpg

m240mount09.jpg

It works very well, and I'm very happy with it.

m240mount10.jpg

M240 sitting in the mount without the ammo can.

Wow Castle that is utterly amazing. I use M240's all the time at work and if I saw that at a game I would actually have to question whether or not it was real. I showed these pics to a few of my other machine gunner buddies that aren't into Airsoft and they thought I was full of it when I told them this was an AIRSOFT gun. Seriously man Bravo F-ing Zulu on this.

I am pretty sure I haven't posted this on here. My M249 SFW:

saw3.jpg

saw2.jpg

saw1.jpg

mesaw1.jpg

It is a Classic Army base and has had the Echo-1 Ranger stock added as well as a G&P lower RIS, Real steel Gripod, MAG 100rnd style Nutsack, EOTECH 552 (The EOTECH isn't painted because it is from my M4 I use at work), unknown sling (it was given to me), and a Generic PEQbox for the battery.

My apologies if I have shared this before. I don't think I have though.

Edited by navymp28
Wow Castle that is utterly amazing. I use M240's all the time at work and if I saw that at a game I would actually have to question whether or not it was real. I showed these pics to a few of my other machine gunner buddies that aren't into Airsoft and they thought I was full of it when I told them this was an AIRSOFT gun. Seriously man Bravo F-ing Zulu on this.

Thanks, man. I've taken it to a local shop with an M240 and it is nearly identical. I was able to put the airsoft barrel into the real receiver, and the real bipod onto the airsoft gun. The real spade grips, sadly, did not fit onto the airsoft M240.

unknown sling (it was given to me)

Thats a Blue Force Gear M240 Sling. They cost about $85.00. You have it on backwards, but it probably doesn't matter for your application. The black webbing is nomex to protect against a hot barrel. Do you like the sling? I was considering getting one...

Thanks, man. I've taken it to a local shop with an M240 and it is nearly identical. I was able to put the airsoft barrel into the real receiver, and the real bipod onto the airsoft gun. The real spade grips, sadly, did not fit onto the airsoft M240.

Did you take it to SGC or somewhere else?