Called out but not hit

simonmc

I am still annoyed over last weeks indoor CQB game. I called out a player that did not take his hits and then 2 minutes later in a close quater fire fight I had to call out another after taking hits and all after the fact that I had hit the guy first.

...... 10 minutes or so of action passed and then this guy starts screeming at me from 100 yards away... "you are hit ...get off". I was no such thing hit but could feel the tension mounting by the second. At first I wondered what he was doing. Standing there like a mad man waving his arms and all. Then I thought..ah... he wants to shout something so I lower my weapon and listen to him ranting like a madman that he has hit me.

All these people were on the same team and so I guessed I should not have called anyone out.

Whats the best thing to do. Keep schtum and say nothing when players don't take their hits or wade in and just say I hit you.

Damn.. I was having a good time till these loonies came on the scene :)

Simon

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As other's have said, it's best left to marshals to deal with. Sadly there are some marshals who don't do anything about it, which in my eyes is worse. There's at least one site I'll never play at again after experiencing that.

In the words of Dave from Airsoft Skirmish: "Cheat calling is bobbins".

for hit calling it, for me, depends on how definate the hit was.

at the old LFU site there was a kid there who was literaly just taking the ######. not even in cover inthe open with 10 guys shooting at around 20 meters. it was a suprise he didnt end up burried in bbs it was that bad. hit calling in such a situation is, in my mind fair enough as it is a blatent ###### take,

that said ive had peopl;e telling yelling at me that ive not take a hit when i have bene in cover watching bbs fall 20 yards short and even the site owner telling him this didnt matter one whit. i ended up standing in the open a few feet from where i had bunkered down and he still wasnt hitting me despite his protests. that sucks inmy mind when its at such long range that you dont see it hit just belive you have.

callign people out, if you're not a marshall, is bad form old chap.

its much more beneficial for both parties to totally lace that *beep* next time you see him. keep shooting till he calls hit, and he wont cheat again.

What he said.

If you are absolutely sure that you shot somebody and they didn't walk, shoot em again.

If a person is running for cover and you fired a burst at them it's entirely possible they all hit behind your target as they moved.

If the person is out in the open then just shoot em 3 or 4 times.

Honestly, at my site I really can't remember the last time I heard a rant about not calling hits.

Most people are happy to walk so they can stop and have a smoke for 5 minutes.

Agreed, a pastering seems to be what it takes. At a recent game (no fps limit) I had a muzzle against a guy's chest and his silencer in my hand pointed away. I proceded to start to say "You're out" but before I could say it he tried to wrench his gun away to shoot me...so I called out rather than be hosed by a weapon much more powerful than I dare mention.

2 hours later I encountered the same fellow no more than 50 feet away facing 90 degrees from me, through light foliage I put out 2 bursts of 50-60 rounds, he just got up and walked away...in my eyes, did the trick.

Ammo is cheap, anything/anyone worth shooting is definitely worth shooting twice

Calling people out is a bad idea.

My team prefer to make an arrangement with others for this occasion before the game.

However, if it really happenes, I won't waste my BB on keep shooting the same guy whom I'm surely hit.

Alternatively, I'll aim his nose, ears, neck or fingers and put out a short burst to "remind" him to raise his hands and leave immediately.

I had this one guy shoot at me with a gas pistol from about 20 meters, I could see the bbs bouncing off the bush in front of me, and I know for a fact I wasn't hit, he then shouts, did I hit you?, I said no and raised my M14 and shot him. He said fair enough, then his mate popped out and shot me, it was all very relaxed.

although later on in that game I saw one dude have an p***y fit about taking hits, it was funny but it did kind of spoil it a bit at the same time.

Agreed, a pastering seems to be what it takes.  At a recent game (no fps limit) I had a muzzle against a guy's chest and his silencer in my hand pointed away. 

Personally I would have shot him when he tried to shoot you. IMO if you have the muzzle at someones chest and they din't surrender then they are giving you permission to pull the tigger

See thats why I think the "surrender" rule is fallible.

I'd say every site should go with a "BANG" rule and some accompanying rule about distances/when it is useable.

To be honest, only a total fanny wouldnt take 'that' surrender situation and clearly has no honesty or integrity. Poor show.

There's a thing, right - I have been plastered again and again by people probably thinking I was avoiding a hit and decided to lace where I was, and as soon as I actually feel anything I'm up like a shot and out of there, but a lot of the time its just an age before anyone can hit me. Might be giving the wrong impression, no?

I mean yes its a good tactic to lace the area if you suspect someone isn't taking hits, but really, because of the reasons & emotions behind it, it is no different to calling out "take your f*%?$@g hits!!!", is it? Its done because you feel wronged and you are getting wound up because you think someone else is cheating.

Isn't it a lot better to be indifferent to it? If they cheat and then maybe shoot you out, take the hit yourself like they weren't able to, and walk out, who cares?

If everyone did this then the cheaters would soon realise that there is no satisfaction in winning through cheating, and would either mend their ways or lose interest and bugger off the whole game; either way the honest folks win :)

I know it will never happen because almost no-one can think rationally or really be egalitarian in a game, but -maybe just philosophically - this is actually the ideal way to deal with it. IMHO.

They say you should never shoot in anger.

I for one have a sprayed a bush because I was confident I hit the person, though hiding in bushes myself, I know it doesn't always work.

I guess the best idea is to be at least 100% certain, get an ID, let it slide then tell a marshall. The spray option is viable in certain cirumstances IMO.

Just remember, the person hiding behind the bush will pop up as soon as you stop or cant fire anymore and plank a few on you, I'm sure. Personally, I'd grenade the bugger :D

I'd agree that calling someone else out is probably a habit you want to get out of as there are so many other ways to achieve the same ends but without getting all wound up. I've found that buying an M249 helps! ;)

Personally, I've felt very ebarassed before when people who i class as friends constantly get angry about other people not taking their hits and not just giving up when they've shouted "you're hit" at them despite not know "for sure" that they were actually hit! As said, just get a marshall and let them decide and you go about enjoying yourself :)

I've been known to call myself out when i've "maybe" been shot, as i like to play fair and want to be seen to play fair. Then if i do call a marshall into a situation i know they they should respect what i'm saying rather than looking on me as some sort of hot-head (no offence meant against the original poster BTW!) or if i do go a bit OTT with the cannon, a smile and an apology to the person on the other end will normally suffice to sort it out rather than handbags at dawn.

I'm Terminator. Sledge I hit you get out

Ah, but I'm Robocop. YOU get out.

:zorro:

ah but i am god - out the pair of you!

- i dont agree with "lacing" the area where a player you think you hit is - its ungentlemanly - and would be fround upon at my site!

if you definately hit the guy - either get a marshal or simpy walk over to him - and tell him that you hit him - chances are that if he's the sort who isnt going to take it he'll get *suitcasey* in that case i would doubt any marshall wouldn't get involved.

if not then you can come to an arrangement - ie both take a hit and respawn or summit!

it may be that you hit a vest or summit - easily not felt during a game!

lacing the area - seems a little childish to me! there are more respectful ways to end such disputes.

regards amsniper

Archived