Called out but not hit

simonmc

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I generally go by the rule that if I do not see any indication that I hit the person after a few seconds, I will open fire again. If they are close enough, I might ask them if they are hit. In my experience, asking if they are hit works much better than telling someone they are hit.

Me? I try to take my hits. Site rules where I play are floaters count, but ricochets don't. If you're not sure it was a ricochet- call the hit.

I have had a couple of occasions on which I've had a massive adrenaline rush during a game and not felt or heard hits under circumstances where the concept of my not being hit beggars belief- and as soon as I calmed down enough to realise that, I took a hit and walked, whether I'd actually felt a thing or not (this isn't exactly helped by my assault vest).

Sometimes, though, people accuse me of not taking a hit and I can't fathom what they're getting at- especially in CQB. Where I tend to wear a T-shirt. You'd have thought I'd at the very least feel a hit through a T-shirt. But no, somehow the guy uprange of me reckons he knows better, and in spite of the fact that I've not felt a thing and I've been unflinching in the doorway or wherever, he knows for a fact that I'm hit.

Seriously, some days you can watch me bleed when you strike the mark. It's much, much harder not to take a hit under those circumstances, even without an annoyingly persistent conscience.

If another player isn't taking a hit, unless there are no marshalls, they are always your first port of call. Find a marshall, describe in detail the man you were shooting at and where he was, and see if you can't get a marshall to watch him for a bit.

The only hits I regularly call on other people are hits on my own teammates, where I can be quite sure that a hit has occurred. At range... there is just too much uncertainty.

Well, I had to learn this Weekend that the "bang" or "savekill" rule is somethat *suitcasey* because people tend not to understand why your doning this and shoot back

Well in future I'll shoot first and ask questions later, even if have to pull the trigger at point blank with my 400FPS.

If you're kind you're allmost *fruitcage*ed up unless you know the guy at the end of your barrel, then it's a different story.

We player marshal over here so if someone isn't taking their hits people call will call them out.

Thing is unless you're close enough to see the BBs bouncing off them it's a bit awakrd to call someone out - it happens time and time again in airsoft where someone dodges a BB or your perspective is off giving you the impression your BB(s) would of hit home. you need to be 100% certain that you hit the person before calling them out.

We have a bang rule at our site too, if you're too close to shoot you say "bang" and the other person is hit, if they ignore the "bang" then they get what's coming - no one to my knowledge at our site has ignored being "banged" (lol I hope Finbar Saunders isn't reading this :P).

Personally, my response scales up.

Not taking his hits first time = shoot again, I sometimes miss...

Not taking his hits the second time = Lace the mo'fo'. Just to be sure.

Not taking his hits the third time = Call him out to offer him to walk like a gent. He may not be feeling them (helmet/armour perhaps?)

Not taking his hits the forth time = well I tend to just walk up to him and ask him if he knows he is cheating.

Not taking his hits the fifth time = I approach a marshal.

Not taking his hits the sixth time = I walk off the game. Put my gun down. Put on a high vis'. Change to the marshal channel on my radio. Go watch him.

There is no seventh time.

Hardly the most PC answer, but my solution is if I'm unsure due to low visiblity (usually in heavy foliage etc) whether I've hit, I fire until I hear them scream.

No, really... I do. Ask MDK Marshal. Of course if I can hear them shout hit I'll stop too... :unsure:

Hardly the most PC answer, but my solution is if I'm unsure due to low visiblity (usually in heavy foliage etc) whether I've hit, I fire until I hear them scream.

No, really... I do. Ask MDK Marshal. Of course if I can hear them shout hit I'll stop too... :unsure:

This tend to be my reaction also.

When using my L96, the first round goes C.O.M. I can 99% of the time tell I've hit because of my scope. If they don't take it, then I adjust my point of aim up about a foot. ;)

If I'm using an AEG, I will just keep firing until they call it. It's my job to make the other person feel it, not for me to call them out.

If it takes me most of a 5000rd box mag for them call a hit, then fine. More fool them for being willing to take the pain.

The only time I'll ever call 'bang' or surrender is if they're under engagement distance for my L96 - otherwise it's quicker and easier to just put a round or two into a well padded area, such as the *albartroth* :diablo:

But you can be hit and not feel it, as well mentioned tac vests do this alot.

And i think we can all agree that if they dont take it the first time, keep firing (or in my case switch to the handgun, my AEG isnt at the limit yet). If after a hicap or two they still havent called it be curtious and ask if they got hit, if your very unsure about them call a marshall.

I've seen a guy take at least 3 straight round to the neather regions, flinch, and continue to shoot at me.

Needless to say slightly shocked.

Thats because I was wearing (It was very cold) a leather waistcoat over a thick jumper, while charging and full of adrenaline!

I soon took it off, it it was like 3 years ago.

I never have a problem with people calling there hits. This is for two reasons. I play with a great bunch of guys (Madness et al) and most of my kills are at short range, where the bbs tend to sting a bit.

Our group did have a problem with one person we invited along once though. We approached the subject as subtly as possible- we didn't say anything to the lad, just shot him with rather longer bursts, he soon got the message without us having to embarise the kid too much.

I agree that you shouldnt ever call other people out EXCEPT at really, really, REALLY sure and blatant situations, then ask them to ake one quietly, if they complain, best to walk away...

The other day I jumped in behind a fort and shot two people in the back, the last two on their team, with 4 semi auto shots each. I can SEE them bouncing off. This WAS LESS than 3 meters range and I was using a fully wound box mag at the time! Yet one turns around and I shoot her once more, (shes not wearing any webbing etc btw, just combats) and THEN she fires a full burst at my chest. A bit silly, and this is why I want a guncam! :P I say "I just shot you sorry, I can see them bouncing off" to get the angry reply "I THINK I WOULD HAVE FELT IT!"

I just took a few steps backwards and let the next teammate to jump round the corner have his full auto way.

What I would have gave to rewind a video and show the BBs bouncing off them. My brother had an almost identical problem with the same person a few games earlier. I just took a hit, and next time I see them, Ill keep a close eye if Im on their team especially. If I havn't got my guncam by then :evillaugh:

Thing is Im sure if Id have used full auto theyd have taken a hit and then proceeded to complain as there is a no full auto under 10 meter-ish rule... :flamed:

Its not so clearcut in woodland the longer bursts as its pretty heavy cover at my site so longer bursts is normal! In woodland at any range if there is any bushes in the way it really is impossible to know.

Even if they flinch, it can be a dodge. FPS is 328 for all at my site and I really have dodged BBs at over 20 meters so I try not to get too annoyed if it seems like Im hitting...

What do people usually do with the thing where you both shoot each other from close range and you know you hit them first? Usually best thing seems to both take a hit, no? Can be frustrating though

If it's a case of BA-BANG! and you're both hit, then it's a simultaneous hit and you both walk- it's too close to call and self-marshalling is the worst kind of marshalling. If it's a clear case of BANG! BANG! then obviously whoever shot first wins. If it's a case of BANG! "oh sh..." BANG! then the guy who shot second is obviously a tart and will occasionally get shot again for his troubles.

I say this even though I have done that a couple of times myself. Usually just out of shock.

This might not totally be on target, but I just have to post this. Two weeks ago I was playing FFA in the hills in Waianae. My brother stood up, charged me and opened fire. To my surprise his BBs were falling WAY short of me. There was this massive gust of wind between the two of us that cut the flight length of his BBs in half. He was running through it squinting and trying not to inhale the grass that was kicked up by it. When the wind finally died off he was about 9m away from me so I hosed him quick before he could reload. He was out, he was mad as hell and he was screaming that I was out first. He was covered in dust and grass, his shirt was totally poofed up, he had droped to his knees and was clutching his magazine like it was a teddy bear or something. Myself and the other two people playing just died laughing. One of them had watched the whole thing through his scope and was laughing so hard he accidentally dropped his magazine and pulled the trigger on his HK-416. (Didnt hit anyone luckily) When we converged to tell my brother what had gone on he was sitting in the open ticked off rubbing his belly with his face covered in dirt and grass. We came over and told him what happened, but he then asked how the hell MY BBs could have hit him if that were true. We all laughed again and he still doesnt believe us. That was an awesome day.

The moral about calling others out in all this is that your perspective my be screwing up what you are seeing...especially if you play airsoft in a twister. *snicker*

I know that this has little to do with calling other people out, but it was just so damned funny and seemed to sort of fit here. I will never forget the look on his face. It was pretty funny.

I know its wrong to call other players out during games and lacing the area they are in isnt a good tactic aswell, but it is frustrating having a scoped weapon and being able to watch the bb's hit the target. I mean i use a scoped m14, my scoped SPR and my sniper rifle again scoped and seeing people blatantly deny hits when you could clearly see the bb's hit can be annoying. I must admitt though i have placed shots im nore tender places if the person persists to cheat but its justa game at the end of the day.

I never call out players from the other side. I have however pointed out to a team mate when he was hit and he didn't realise.

Being called out is frustrating and annoying in the extreme if done by someone yelling at you. A tap on the shoulder from a marshall is fair enough, having someone shout that they've hit a loose strap on your webbing(happened @ LFU) is just not on..

Like mentoned before keep shooting untll they call out.

I think bad attitudes and whining are just as bad.

As far as bad attitudes realy hate it when a guy told me I got him becuase he looked up to wait on someone to walk off the field when we had been telling them to lay down when they got hit it was a head shot to hehe :)

Im in the U.S. by the way we often dont have marshals around here just abut 18 people with AEG's

If they've not called hit then you've obviously not hit them, keep shooting!

However this isn't an excuse for "hosing", when you're under a barrage of fire calling "hit" becomes a second priority to covering your head so allowing someone time to call hit is important too.

We rarely get cheaters at Finmere, if you're hit you're not normally out for more than 5 minutes max anyway so there's no point.

Mainly it's new people or one-offs (not likely to return), but we have one or two regulars who are pretty bad at taking hits until they're told.

If you know you're hitting someone and they're not taking it, spray them again with another quick burst and repeat or start deliberately aiming for soft points until they do take their hits.

Make a note of who they are (not easy to remember to do this when in a battle, I know) and then inform the marshalls.

Our marshalls are great, they'll get into position and watch someone making sure they take their hits.

1st strike of deliberate cheating (we all know that people can fail to feel hits without realising) you get a private warning.

2nd strike, it's public, you're pointed out as a cheater.

3rd strike, you're kicked off site.

There is flexibility in the system to cover most situations.

As a marshall, you can normally tell if someone is deliberately ignoring hits or not when you let them know they were hit. An honest mistake will result in the player saying thanks for letting them know. A cheater is likely to kick up a fuss and make excuses because they've been caught out.

I agree with ruger13 and screamin-weasel, lace them up untill they take the hit, it may not seam very nice but thats the only way to get through to some people

Agreed. It is sometimes hard to realise you have been hit when you are mid game, especially if you have many layers and an assault vest on so it might just be a simple mistake. I'm sure it has happened to us all.

Putting about 50 bbs thier way kinda makes it hard for them not to realise they have been hit. :unsure:

Luckily the marshals at SYA are great and make sure people take hits from what I have seen, especially at Proteus last weekend.

The only times that I tell players that I hit them is:

a) If I'm within a few feet of them and they have not seen me yet, yet I have shot them, and don't want to hurt them by firing from a more stable position pretty much point-blank.

b)If it's a case of me and another player turning a corner at the same time, flailing wildly and possibly or possibly not hitting each other. I just go, "Both take it? Ok!"

c) After the game, but I don't aggressively complain, I completely understand that sometimes you just don't feel it.

Or something along those lines. ^_^

It all depends on the situation.

Where I play, mostly everyone knows eachother. If I pop a buddy on the other team in the chest and he doesn't realize it, I'll say, "hey man, I hit you in the chest, no worries". I would want them to do the same for me if I don't notice the hit. It helps people to become more cognisant of their hits if you tell them that. Where I play, we are all friends, and we help each other out in that way.

However, if I hit someone who I don't really know, I will happily keep shooting them until I see a red rag. Or if it is obvious that they are cheating.

Archived