XM8

doc_newstead

I hadn't really been keeping my eye on this gun, so I was surprised to see how near it is to actual deployment. I've seen quite a few pics of individuals testing it out, and here's a little vid:

http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?s=1-292925-xm8.php

Use this thread to post pics of it in use (not those concept drawings), and discuss. I'm quite warming to it now; all the US Army needs is MJOLNIR armour, and we'll have real life 'Halo' ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I must say it's growing on me... especially if it gets the 6.8mm round instead of 5.56

Either way... if an airsoft version comes out, thats half decent... I'd pick one up.

This gun would absolutely kick butt if it were chambered for the 6.8mm SPC, I've heard nothing but good things about the Barrett M468, also chambered for the 6.8mm round. Unfortunately I believe it is going to be chambered for the 5.56mm round, which really sucks man :(

This gun needn’t grow on me as I already like the looks of this beast, if an airsoft version were released I'd definitely be one of the first to order one ;)

p42harold.jpgxm8rifle.jpg

XM8 looks awesome. Love how it looks and the features the real thing has. I'll be getting one regardless of whether the US Military is adopting it or not. I heard that TM were at ShotShow Nevada (was that you Foxtrot who said it?) and were taking loads of pictures of it from all different angles.

Edit: Oh yeah, XM8 with 12.5 inch barrel and XM320 looks awesome. Too bad they ditched the folding and retractable stock for just one that could retract.

May I also add, that it's also fun to listen to the fanboys who pretty much say that it won't be a good weapon of war because it 'looks ugly' or 'looks like a supersoaker'. People said the same about the FN P90 and the Steyr AUG.

Also, while the khaki one with "XM8" on the side looks silly, I doubt they'll field that one. Most likely the black one will be fielded, and soldiers will paint the guns themselves, as they do today.

I've seen pics of a private contractor kitted out with one, and it is indeed all black, so I assume when/if it is fielded, it will look like an M16 in terms of colour.

This picture I mentioned (which made me go "oh! So they're using it now then?") however, is of a man who was killed in Iraq (presumably in action), and I don't think it's appropriate to post his picture here. The XM8 does not appear to be loaded in the pic, and his M4 is slung across his chest, so he may just have been posing.

I've seen pics of a private contractor kitted out with one, and it is indeed all black, so I assume when/if it is fielded, it will look like an M16 in terms of colour.

This picture I mentioned (which made me go "oh! So they're using it now then?") however, is of a man who was killed in Iraq (presumably in action), and I don't think it's appropriate to post his picture here. The XM8 does not appear to be loaded in the pic, and his M4 is slung across his chest, so he may just have been posing.

Chris "Raven 18" Neidrich, http://www.cisworldservices.com/memorial/RAVEN18.html

R.I.P. :(

Also, I belive that we should honor our dead... not forget about them. Here is his picture:

Chris_XM8.jpg

Archived