Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superb review FarEast and at what must be a hectic time for you too, thanks! I've just mailed RSOV and had a reply back within 5 minutes, so I'm on the list! :D

The "low-ish" FPS doesn't bother me as my CYMA AK only shoots about 270 and I do okay with that in woodland. Now I just have to wait. I need to make an airsoft "advent calender". :P

Edited by burning_ghost
Yes they do. Infact I found that my older ones fit better now.

Thanks Fareast :)

As for everyone asking about mag/star plastic mags. Couldnt you just glue a small square of plastic (shop loyalty card or something) above the mag catch hole instead of bending out the metal?

Thanks for a brilliant review mate.

Does the blowback affect the FPS at all ie drop when its on go back up when its disabled?

only when you get time. sounds like you got your hands full over there.

i dont see why it should, if its going to affect anything it would be ROF as the bolt moves back and forth with the piston (well, as far as i know it does) and TBH its probably not heavy enough to have any real effect... just makes a cool noise.

been thinking about getting one of these as a multi purpose gun, black grips, scope, silent pistonhead etc could make a nice DMR with the bolt locked, then release the bolt it can be a scary assult rifle :D

So will this gun be released in the UK anytime soon? I sent an e-mail asking about postage costs and was told around about 40 quid, but if it's coming over here anyway I may as well wait a little longer. Any ideas?

http://www.rsov.com/store/product_info.php...ccf8e62fe3aa528

This is from keith who owns RSOV.COM

"As requested I am setting up a list for the 'ARMY' R85 (L85A1) ordering. The AEG will be available in June 18, 2007. "

PLus i remember reading from some where that the postage will be £45 to the UK

Edited by Doctor Dragunov
http://www.rsov.com/store/product_info.php...ccf8e62fe3aa528

This is from keith who owns  RSOV.COM

"As requested I am setting up a list for the 'ARMY' R85 (L85A1) ordering. The AEG will be available in June 18, 2007. "

PLus i remember reading from some where that the postage will be £45 to the UK

i forgot to add that your going to have to wait at least another month after it's release until UK retailers have it in stock.

Bear in mind it IS coming all the way from china/Hong Kong. its not like it's coming from london.

I think what he is saying is that the delivery cost is too expensive (£45) when the item itself only costs £59, which the delivery is 75% of the actual item cost...

Now imagine people in Hong Kong can get it for less than £59...

I think what he is saying is that the delivery cost is too expensive (£45) when the item itself only costs £59, which the delivery is 75% of the actual item cost...

Now imagine people in Hong Kong can get it for less than £59...

when you factor in postage and possible import charges, UK shops selling it for 125 quid, with guarentees and warranties, is almost certainly a better option.

when you factor in postage and possible import charges, UK shops selling it for 125 quid, with guarentees and warranties, is almost certainly a better option.

No, what i meant was it's rip-off for us in the UK, when the same item in other places can get it so much cheaper than us, that the import charge and delivery cost is simply unreal...

Oh well, i guess it is a problem since day 1 and something we got used to...

I agree, but I do feel the pricing in the UK is artificially high due to demand of specific items rather than the actual cost, for example:

MP001

£94.99 @ Action Hobbies

£24.99@ RSOV.com

Jing Gong AK-SVD

£89.99 @ Action Hobbies

£46.99 @ RSOV.com

Don't you find those prices a little odd? I would call them the result of a bit of a rip off, especially considering the AK-SVD would cost more to ship due to being larger and heavier.