PFI 'Smokecap' Silencer

Tinkerton

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That video was awesome. The music was even more awesome. :P

The suppressor was an interesting idea, though I bet there's a far simpler way to DIY and not have to hassle with ordering one. It gives a nice effect (balaclava in video - lol), though it seems like it's a subtle enough effect that it wouldn't really get you noticed in the field. But for showing off, this would be really cool.

It's flash that is coming out of the muzzle, therefore surely it's muzzle flash?

If you'd like an explanation as to how, why and when muzzle flash occurs I'd be happy to write one up for you. Real life isn't a John Woo film with muzzleflashes as long as Chuck Norris' schlong the blank filming rounds they use have small amounts of magnesium in usually to create a massive flash as well as no projectile in the barrel which quells the size of the flash <_<

sekiryu, I've fired a lot of guns in my life and almost all of them have a muzzle flash. The only time I don't have a muzzle flash is when I use a low/no powder round such as the sub sonic .22 short rounds. Even my .22lr target pistol and my .22lr rifle have muzzle flash. All the AR15's I have shot had a flash, even with the birdcage. And don't get me started on the flame that my old S&W modle 19 puts out!

Hasn't this argument ended, like, 6 posts ago?

Even my .22lr target pistol and my .22lr rifle have muzzle flash.

None of my 3 .22 rifles, when in a dimly lit range, have a visible flash. Neither does my Browning Challenger II. The Walther P99 occasionally makes an orange ball, but it's not really visible from the shooter's prospective.

Sorry, I started typing then had a bunch of customers come in and had to wait to post. :) My High Standard Modle 106 Military (Supermatic Tournament) .22LR will actualy spit a good 2 inch flare. Then again it doesn't use a lot to blow back the slide. When I shot the AR15's we where using military rounds, they burn hotter and have more powder. My .22lr bolt action is an ancient bolt action from Wards. All of them had decient muzle flashes in anything but noon time lighting, especialy at the indoor range I usualy shoot in. I'm going to try and go shoot next monday, I'll take pics. Not picking on you, just having fun discussing.

Well real or not real, or whatever the heck you guys were talking about, I want one!

Provided it's cheap enough and so is the powder... And so long as it doesn't really affect accuracy...

Edit:

Anyone notice it comes with 16mm threads as well??

Socom + powder blast = fun?

Time will tell...

Oh yeah, lol. Reading FTW :P

Each Smokecap refill can last for around 6000 shoots (measurement was taken from common non-modified airgun. the number of shootings may vary according to the shooting power of the gun you use.

At $45 dollars I might buy one for a laugh

Out at UNCo, $30.

PFI Smokecap Ultimate Suppressor

Features:

-Sound suppression and firing smoke simulation

-Around 6000 shoots per refill

-Smoke Cap refill can be purchased separately

-Splash proof so your Smoke Cap can work even in raining days

-Silencer pouch included with molle system standard

-With 14mm Clockwise, 14mm Anti-Clockwise & 16mm Clockwise Thread Adapters

When a BB is fired through the suppressor barrel, this will trigger smoke to puff out at the barrel tip to simulate a smoking gun, and adds unprecendented realism to your heated weapons.

i've been to armed forces co that sells the pfi stuff. and by chance the pfi dude tony that made these products was also there too.

had a nice chat with both of them (andy at AFC and tony) i've got their pfi nade and pfi smoke cap thing. i quite like their idea. something new.

the main concern for people is that fine powder might get in the barrel. might get in the gearbox.

but personally i dont think the powder will have enough suck back to put the powder into the barrel. and the powder coming out of the silencer i dont think it has enough power and/or momentum to get into the gearbox itself.

looks cool with a tac light on the gun or a laser as mentioned before. but this is a nice milsim touch to imitate the real steel smoke.

sound supression is actually quite good considering inside the thing is only a cardboard tube with some vent holes for the air to drag some talc out.

this sounds like im practically kissing their butt but im not. i actually think it's not that bad idea. considering HK doesnt use pyros because it's illegal. and the pfi guy is actually after a touch of realism as he's had some experience with the real deal stuff.

the retail price for one of them in HK is actually cheaper than some silencers too, which can be a bonus if you're after some smoke because you're gucci and milsim

hopefully i'll get my *albartroth* in gear soon to let you guys know further details on them stuff...

the actual size of it isnt that small... it's like a regular tracer without the ego extension lol

they're doing these caps in different sizes. but im not sure how they're currently marketing them. tony at pfi says they make bigger ones but i havent seen the big ones for sale. but anyway. wait for my vid review and write up for PFI and AFC then decide :)

Archived