What kind of FPS are people bringing to the games

ostego

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, you can't ban HALF the entire field, that would leave only 30 or so people to play, and airsofting is a business, the marshals want as many people to play as possible, or they would be out of a job. There are so many cheaters at my field you might as well pick a random person out of the game and flip a coin to tell if he is cheating. It really ###### me off, and yes, they deserve to get hosed on full-auto, and should not be playing if they plan to cheat (bastards  :angry: )

This is a game. One where people win and people lose. If people decide "sod it, Im not losing" and choose not to take hits, then they arent playing the game. If theyre not there to play the game, they shouldnt be there. Follow my logic?

If I went to a site where there were as many cheats as you claim at your site, Id complain twice...if nothing was done, Id find another site.

And BTW, Id be real interested to see the reaction of parents of 7yr old kids if you hosed them with 430fps till they bled.

Can I hear someone saying 'internet superhero'?

What pain? Only about 1% of the hits I take hurt. I don't even feel them hit, for that matter.

Because he shoots to make you bleed I guess. He wants to hurt you. :waggle:

He said so himself and the poor efforts to deflect the unwanted attention his comments have drawn do little to take that away.

Oh dear... I still feel the pain of that one poor chap last skirmish.

It's capture the hill, we're attacking.

I'm lying prone, we're doing well and are not too far from the summit. The guy 10-15m away from me who is also prone tells me a guy keeps popping up, he says I have a much better shot at him then he does.

So I raise my M4, stand up, ready to take cover if needed... He pops his head up once and dosen't see me, pops his head up again...

Yes. It looked painful from where I was. But I coulden't see anything but his head.

I had an unlucky one on Sunday gone.

Unreal Airsoft, real tight CQB site. I dash round a corner and see something move in a shadow to my right. I wheel round to face it, just as he fires at a person behind me...

5ft, TM Desert Eagle with hi-flow valves on propane, forehead.

Didnt hurt, oddly...but I had an odd tingle for aaaaaages and bled like a *badgeress*.

i once shot a guy in the forehead at about 10m, with a STOCK CA M15 carbine, and he bled, so you dont need high powerd AEGs, but as has been said, your playing the wrong game if you want to course pain play paintball!

Well, you can't ban HALF the entire field, that would leave only 30 or so people to play, <snip>

Remind me not to come and play at your site. I don't know about you but I would not want a 7 or 8 year old child wandering around a site where someone was using a gun that fired at 1.62j. Imagine this for a second, you're deep behind enemy lines sneaking up to your objective and you hear something move in a bush 10 meters in front. You open up and spray a child at close range with a very hot gun. Whats the parent going to think? Plus we all know how naughty a child is at that age, what happens if they take their face mask off in the game?

As for the cheating, if I was the marshall I would ban a person just to enforce the cheating rule and make it a public banning. Then tell the remaining players that if they are caught cheating the same will happen to them. I personally won't play at a site where people regularly cheat. That could be actually driving business away.

Do parents complain when their child gets hurt a a softball game?

And at my field, 1.62J is not hot, it is actually 25 FPS with .25g BBs below field limit. And if they take their face shield off that is violating the waiver and I, nor the field, is liable. An 8 year old kid is just another player...

It is very difficult to stop more than half of the entire field from cheating. All of the "veterans" were complaining about all the "clueless little kids" that weren't calling their hits. Most of the people that play at my field are 12 or 13, the youngest kid was 7 years old. Yeah, like they're gonna be honest...

If the players aren't responsible enough to take their hits then you can't assume they're responsible enough to adopt proper procedures for eye protection or weapons handling either.

For their own safety they should be stopped from playing until they can adopt a more mature attitude.

It would obviously be distressing to blind, or wound, a small child and then face any consequences the parents decided to pursue.

The only thing worse, that I could think of, is if some idiot-kid shot me in the eye because they were too stupid to clear their gun in the SZ.

Bottom line is that refusing to take hits, on a large scale, shows a total lack of respect for the game and other players. You simply can't trust people who act that way. Period.

whats wrong with only airsofting with 30 people? the best airsoft game i've ever had was when it was pouring down with rain and there were only about 14 of us. maybe less, i can't remember. If i'm being honest, i prefer smaller games. big ones feel crowded, and you dont get the same experience.

Oh, and i wouldn't play at a field where the let children under 14 play. I'm not a sadist.

sure, let the little kids play 'back yard wars', but dont send them to a game where they're going to get shot with (according to UK law) lethal weapons by people two or three times their age.

something about children and guns

so its legal for 7 year olds to play airsoft in america?

is that safe?

i dont think so

the body of a 7 year old and an 16+ year old are very different

a few bbs traveling over 1.5J aprox can actually knock a 7year old out and if they hit soft areas like temples, neck, groin etc can cause serious damage

and im not talking about a bit of bleeding but internal bruising and soft tissue damage

of course this doesn't apply to every 7year old but the risk isn't really worth it

plus how does a kid that age even get anything out of airsoft

arn't you just playing "shoot bb guns at children"

I didn't even let my kid come with me until he was 14, and before that I insisted that he got shot (in the back) in our garden with the gun he was going to be using (from about 15 - 20 feet). The rule was: "that is how it is going to feel at the other end when you shoot somebody with this gun. Can you take it?"

He took it fine, then I let him shoot me ;-) Gun was chronoing in the 340's at the time

I don't understand why you wouldn't chrono pistols. I've built a MK1 to 450 fps, and didn't even use a ridiculously long barrel to achieve that. Actually, it's not visibly longer than a standard one.

-Sale

Very few sites i've been to have actually insisted that my AEGs be chronoed. I tend to do it anyway, as i don't have a chrono at home and want to know what fps they're doing. However, of the few sites that insisted on a chrono 'sesh, pistols weren't included. People don't declare them, hide them in holsters etc or the marshalls weren't overly bothered.

As for this whole pain thing going on. You just need to give a bit of thought before pulling the trigger - i know its hard under stressfull game conditions, but try. I wouldn't want to be full auto'ed at close range if i could be surrendered instead. I also wouldn't want to be shot in the head by a sniper, just to prove their prowess.

Even if you do get your eye shot out at a game, that's the worst an airsoft gun can do. You can die from falling and hitting your head on a rock, so high-powered AEGs are the least of my concerns when I play in the woods.

Ok first off you NEVER take your eye protection off while playing

so how can anyone get there eye shot out?

unless you are a moron

also most intelligent animals have the ability to look where you are running and avoid sticks and stones in the forest

why don't you players have this basic skill

someone actively seeking you out and then shooting bbs at you through a gun is a bit more important

especially as your players don't seem to wear eye protection

i think some trees and grass are the least of your concerns when you have 8 year olds running about with high powered AEGs

how do you even trust a kid that age to keep a facemask on at all times

or go into the woods on his own with an AEG

Except for a few NBBs or GBBs with very long barrels (I suspect the reason there's not been a 10" TM DE Hardkick yet is that it'd be wildly illegal in Japan, even on 134a), not many pistols can realistically exceed 1J by a dangerous amount.

What would you call a dangerous amount though?

My Marushin NBB M92 chronos at 370fps with a 0.20g BB :P

I went to a game in Hong Kong when I was there last April, that was a real ey-opener.

No safe zone...well there was, but it shared it's space with the firing range and there were players walking round everywhaere with mags in guns. :o

There were lots of young kids playing as well, the youngest couldn't have been more than 7 or 8 years old.

In one game, I saw him standing in a doorway holding up his rental AK47 (which was nearly as long as he was tall :P ), pointing it up into the sky at about 45° with his eyes closed and just spraying continuously :D

I was on the opposing team and I didn't have the heart to shoot him, so when I was close enough I told him he was out, he didn't understand though and just kept on firing into the air :rolleyes:

I'd have popped one right on the buggers forehead to teach him a lesson. Not at close range though :P

Anyway, at my site under 18's require a form to be filled out by their parent/guardian. Under 14's are not permitted all-together.

However last skirmish there was a youngling running around, squeaking all kinds of nonsense. Oh why was he on my team...

Corkbulb - your attempts at defending yourself are just getting you deeper. I'd stop digging if I were you as you're distracting people from the topic. You don't play in the UK, therefore you cannot answer the guy's question.

Topic title edited to clarify for those that hadn't noticed.

Topic title edited to clarify for those that hadn't noticed.

Opps I'm guilty of that I couldnt help but be drawn in by Corkulb's bait he has a knack for that!

Anyways my AEG's range from 290 to 320 max.

2 AEG sniper rifles which are semi only 400 & 500 depending on which site I attend.

Urban assault always make sure people chrono their weapons and I agree. Nothing worse than being hosed by a hot gun and as I mentioned earlier if it takes a door frame apart what will it do to your face!?

On the chrono subject...

I remember one site in the midlands where I was running round all the morning trying to get them to chrono my newly upgraded gun because I was worried about the possibility of it being hot. This was a large professional site thats supposed to pride itself on safety! In the end they just said 'use it'. Hmm...

Turns out it was right on 328, but thats not the point, eh?

Archived