Icemaster109

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tbh, in airsoft, it doesnt matter, if your a hardcore geardo, fine, wear it,

if you want some padding protection, fine, wear it,

if you think it looks cool, fine, wear it

but if you dont want to, fine, dont wear it

and if your some anal geardo who decideds people should, expect to get a slap in the chops if you go around telling folk they should be wearing it or shouldnt....

R

Exactly. It's just a game. wear/do what you want and be happy with it..

Bearing that in mind... anyone want to buy some kevlar inserts for their Mk2 CBAs? Or howabout some of my nice unobtainable Ospreys...? <_<

counting count: i use camp mat inside mine, work fine :)

'balistic protection from sniper bbs?'

are you kidding? thier useing plastic balls, not teflon coated .308 :P

Now I could do that... but then I'd have a nice large pile of ballistic liners lying around, normally I use the Mk1 with my M14 or if one is ever released a decent L1A1 as I use the two chest pockets for magazines and seeing as I rarely run alot in a game the weight problem is negligable.

I've always wondered why people equate 6mm diameter in a thermoplastic or a mineral of some kind (biodegradable BB's) and a .308/ .3006 / 7.62 etc. lead, copper etc. in the same breath.

I dont wear armour, but thats just because Ive so far not wanted to buy one, and when I have wanted to Ive always changed my mind and bought something else.

If you want to wear it then do it, if you dont want to then do that, your money so your choice.

Funny thing though, first time I wore my BH vest to a skirmish one my non airsoft mates saw a picture and ripped me for wearing a "flak jacket", he likes paintball although he thinks the aim is to inflict as much pain on each other as you can.

Ok, now I can say that I remember the last hits I took that hurt. I took some on the left *albartroth* cheek---twice. The rest of the rounds hit my armor, and I'm glad they did. One round was powerful enough to completely destroy a metal button on my armor.

OMG, it must have saved your life! <_<

Destroyed a button? What FPS are talking here? >600 or I call shenanigans...

Never seen a better argument for 328 across the board....

Ah indeed. I don't wear armor because I get hot enough as it is in airsoft and find people wearing armor and not taking their hits incredibly irritating. That said there have been time when I've kind of wished I had been when some tw*t has done a massive overkill on me (some *beep* at ambush started hosing me through a bush at close range, I called hit, his response was to laugh and keep firing so I shot him back, a lot....) I don't mind armor if people actually realize they've been hit and take it, if they actually can't tell then they shouldn't be wearing it, sod their accurate load out, I don't care, airsoft is about having fun and playing fare not primarily about dressing up as a totally L337 MARINE!!!! Or indeed, ghost recon member "BUT IT'S AN ACCURATE IMPRESSION!!" yes, of a fictitious military unit....

i've put that it protects me but then it only does so in the winter!

i wear interceptor armour and tbh its like a flipping body warmer more then armour so it comes out in the winter and keeps me toasty warm!

pete

The interceptor is great for that. And it's nice not to come home totally chewed up from CQB.

(at the risk of going on a tangent.... i played the original GW games and really liked them)

I'm suprised nobody makes airsoft armour inserts in lightweight platic and very thin foam for the common makes of NATO armour vests.

I know its not hard to cut roll matt to shape but i bet it would sell if someone made replica CBA filler and plates that both let you breath/sweat and didnt weigh as much as the originals.

Now if they do and i've not noticed then forgive me, i dont check up on modern kit too much, i think i may have seen fake plates before but to me surely thats the easisest bit to make yourself.

Ah, original ghost recon. Now that was a quality game!! "WELCOME TO TUBLESI GENTLEMEN!" Erm, body armor, yeah. If people can feel or hear their hits then fine, if they can't then they should ditch it. That all said I think actually wearing Kevlar and plates is just asking for trouble. It's made to stop actual bullits, how the hell you'll feel a 300fps .2 gram BB hitting you I don't know, hell, I've not noticed hits at range on my BDUs so my suspicion is that at range people in real armor just don't register hits at all.

Archived