The worst parts of airsoft

nine

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aye worst part for me is c-mags on g3 sas, stuff liek that,  reminds me of the sort of people who probably put 'infinte ammo' cheats on their FPS games at home...

Sort of defeats the object a bit.

In the wargames industry we used to call it min/maxing

where you pruposely exploit the possibilites to get the most advantages out of something and kill of as many disadvantgaes regardless of wheter its in character or looks/feels right... so long as you cna win anything is valid.

My other bugbear is peopel who just slope off when hit and dont shout hit, stand up or put their gun inthe air.. THEN have a mare when they get shot again.

Personally my 'ritual' is to shout HIT, put hand in airwith upper arm over mouth as i stand up, compliment the other player if it was a particualrly good shot and make my way to the safe... calling 'dead man coming through' if i cross any blind spots or go round corners in urban.

edit: of and i think RIS , molle and multicam are lame....  :) 

(joke,  each to their own)

Absolutley right on the money. Thats what really kicks the bag for me. Airsofters that try and turn their gaming experience into Quake, Halo, or some other video game. It's all about getting "kills", "points", "numbers". The quantitative over qualitative. If you want to wear civies, go as a African militia member, a eastern eruopean rebel, a gang member or something. Becuase on the airsoft side, anything that resembles paintball antics will get kicked around, tossed on, and ignored.

PS, I like Ris, and Molle....but multicam IS Lame. lol

Lol sorry mate but have to say I heard quite a few comments about your mate that day- mainly though because he got one of the objectives about two hours too early  ;)

Daft thing is he pointed that out to me on the drive back North after the game... its great looking at the clock on the dash...

After playing a few of the "Ticket" games I find them tedious and a little too much like paintball especially on a ground of any size... I'd personally do without them (and I would consider sitting one out...).

After playing a few of the "Ticket" games I find them tedious and a little too much like paintball especially on a ground of any size... I'd personally do without them (and I would consider sitting one out...).

I tend to agree those gametypes are rather tedious. I think it was the same day as that what you are on about and me and a couple of lads held the trident club for 40 minutes waiting for the time to arrive where we could take the ticket and run. We expected a great rush of people coming to take it too but they never came. We were out of there with the ticket by the time everyone else showed up. It was a tense 40 minutes but I would rather have been able to grab and dash rather than get there, wait 40 minutes and then grab and dash. I suppose some liked it though, I didn't however.

the one that allways ruins it for me and sends me away from the game in a foul mood is...

the bloke usually with 2 hangers on that he calls mates between them they have an infinte bank balance, you name it they got it body armour, knee pads, webbing, helmets etc the whole shaboodle

there rifles are all metal with more lazer sights and toys on them than an anne summers party and the usually have 2 rifles each

they give themselves silly nicknames like "razor" and "killmachine" and have said names patched onto there over the top gear

they treat all players apart from there "elite" group as noobs

there usually in there 40's and going through a midlife crisis but still insist on wearing enough hairgell to cover there receading hair and enough aftershave to warrent a gas mask

in the field they constantly call other players cheaters even though they themselves never call there hits and can often be found sneaking on the outside of the boundries

at the end of the game they will lie about how many heads they counted and regale each other with things that never happened "so yeah i ran in and shot everyone in the base but none of em called there hits bloody noobs!"

there usually very unsociable and a chore if there on your team as they wont follow any instruction or help the main team effort because there usually frustrated that there wives are being serviced by the local milkman while there out playing "mr teflon soldier"

anyone else met people like this?

and no i'm not sayin people who spend money on kit are at fault i've spent an arm and a leg on airsoft so far its people who have no respect for there fellow airsofter that i'm having a go at here :D

the one that allways ruins it for me and sends me away from the game in a foul mood is...

the bloke usually with 2 hangers on that he calls mates between them they have an infinte bank balance, you name it they got it body armour, knee pads, webbing, helmets etc the whole shaboodle

there rifles are all metal with more lazer sights and toys on them than an anne summers party and the usually have 2 rifles each

they give themselves silly nicknames like "razor" and "killmachine" and have said names patched onto there over the top gear

there usually in there 40's and going through a midlife crisis but still insist on wearing enough hairgell to cover there receading hair and enough aftershave to warrent a gas mask

in the field they constantly call other players cheaters even though they themselves never call there hits and can often be found sneaking on the outside of the boundries

at the end of the game they will lie about how many heads they counted and regale each other with things that never happened "so yeah i ran in and shot everyone in the base but none of em called there hits bloody noobs!"

there usually very unsociable and a chore if there on your team as they wont follow any instruction or help the main team effort because there usually frustrated that there wives are being serviced by the local milkman while there out playing "mr teflon soldier"

and no i'm not sayin people who spend money on kit are at fault i've spent an arm and a leg on airsoft so far its people who have no respect for there fellow airsofter that i'm having a go at here :D

i've met a lot of guys like that.

My team has an inclusive policy on both new players and everyone else on the team.

We include everybody on our team when we go for something- it's not just "I want two ACES on me!" it's "You, you and you. You wanna get into a firefight? Then follow me!" Newbies, loners, other teams- doesn't matter. You ride out on our team, you ride out as one of us.

Team principles are honesty and courage, and if any of my teammates is not taking hits, I will want to know about it.

Aye... 'all the kit... full of sh**.....'

or 'all the gear - no idea' if we're being polite.

As we tend to say.

In any walk of life, especially sport/games, you'll come across those who want to have what they see as 'the best', whether it be adidas Predator boots, a Systema M4 or a Porsche mountain bike. You shouldn't ever judge these people until they open their mouths.

If these people are arsey, self-loving pretty-boys, then yes, they are to be derided. But some, may, just may be alright and just have more surplus cash than you (perhaps they are single, or don't smoke or are tee-total...). Each to their own.

Personally, I buy a lot of cheap-expensive stuff, i.e. bargains off eBay or from abroad where we have a favourable exchange rate. In fact, I do this in all walks of my purchasing life. I wear 'Bench' trousers, but these were £10. I wear a 'CK' t-shirt, but it was £4. Shop around, get a bargain. I have a CA SCAR, but I waited until they became available cheaply on the forums.

Does having 'the right' gear make you a better skirmisher? I would say no. But having the 'right look' may make you feel more comfortable as a person, and therefore a player.

What do I hate about airsoft then? I hate poorly run sites, as has been said earlier in this topic, if you don't like how a site is run, then leave it for pastures new. I actually can't stand teams now either, so I just roll out with my (albeit large in numbers) family - as you know they won't let you down.

I was a noob once, I may still be one for all I know (what is the cut-off point?!), and yeah, I came across an arrogant team (the site locals) of geardos who infuriated many and were liked by few. They were not accomodating to new players and simply used them to draw fire for their own target identification!!! What can you do? Simple. There are 3 paths to take. 1 - Ignore them. 2- Find another site. Or 3,- beg to be on their team and lubricate anything and everything...(!)

Enjoy your own game.

Aye... 'all the kit... full  of sh**.....'

or 'all the gear - no idea' if we're being polite.

As we tend to say.

that quote has now been adopted and stolen by me i'm affraid it sums it up so well i cant NOT use it lol

yeah were only a 2 man team atm but we help the "noobs" out i fail to see how being new is bad though my mate came along for his 1st day and he was a one man army he got 2 of the objectives in one game on his own!!!! :wide-eyed:

i gotta admit i'm gonna look like an all gear no idea next skirmish i'm on coz i've now got the big sniper rifle and ghillie suit thing going on but at least i take my hits and i do my best to help everyone on my team (even if i'm not the greatest airsofter)

i think general manners and common sense ruin it most days or people who take it far to seriously particualry people who stand up in the middle of a fire fight and start barking orders at people like adolf hitler who the hell put these people in charge??

granted its a team effort but shouting at me and calling me "useless" and a "noob" just because i didnt do someone else's dirty work is just plain annoying

"DONT BE SUCH A WIMP GET UP THERE AND GET STUCK INTO THEM NOW!" said the bloke 40 yards behind me cowering behind a tree with his bald head and beer gut on display

bloody armchair generals anyone else hate these too??

i dont know about your sites but a few of the guys ive played with in the past if they come up against heavy armoured guys who dont take the hits just go for the legs, that way in most cases if your hit in the shin, knee or calf you know about it and it usually gets made known. it sounds harsh but against some the players we;ve had recently its not only effective but its the only way to get them to play fair (shy of head/face shots)

still armours not as annoying as dead men talking!

i dont know about your sites but a few of the guys ive played with in the past if they come up against heavy armoured guys who dont take the hits just go for the legs, that way in most cases if your hit in the shin, knee or calf you know about it and it usually gets made known. it sounds harsh but against some the players we;ve had recently its not only effective but its the only way to get them to play fair (shy of head/face shots)

still armours not as annoying as dead men talking!

indeed i borrowed my mates vsr 10 for a game (loved it so much i bought one myself) and i remember seeing a head peeking over an old pallet i took aim and not only heard it hit but watched it bounce off through the sight too... the little sod just ducked his head behind the baricade and pretended nothing happened i sneaked round the side to within about 20 yards of him and shot him on the inside of the thigh... he certainly called that one it was about 2 inch of hitting the tip of his wombat too... if i'd of known i would of aimed more to the left :P

anyone else noticed the bloke who when shot lifts his arm up to declare a hit then instead of walking back to his base or respawn point walks back about 4 trees waits 10 seconds and then comes charging back in guns blazing.... anyone else feel the urge to rip out his inards and strangle him with them??

I'm definately new to this game, but like most things I get involved with, I try to get a feel for the hobby before diving in! I did get the impression that this hobby is mostly about Milsim, and to be honest, thats why I actually got involved. However, as my research has developed, I've come to realise that airsoft seems to be about conflict simulation.....this isn't nescessarily milsim! I've heard about all kinds of scenarios being promoted via airsoft, from Zombie like Resident Evil battles to Urban warfare.

Personally I hate "party poopers"...by party poopers I mean people who upset the theme because they can't be bothered! If its a vietnam theme, then it makes sense to wear vietnam gear and use vietnam weapons, after all whats the point of creating a theme if the atmosphere isn't there to support it! What makes me laugh, is everybody who plays airsoft goes to the trouble of getting a realistic replica weapon, and yet some then neglect the clothing...why? If themes and authenticity are not important then why not use a big bright yellow gun that looks like a barrell and a trigger??

I guess its everyones choice to do as they see fit, but I do belive that when you go to a site its your responsibility to try to fit in with the others and ahere to atmosphere the site is trying to create!

i agree so long as its a historical reenactment or a specific game type if its a ww2 sim and everyone is dressed accordingly then some bloke turns up with jeans and trainers it kinda ruins it i guess

people who ignore saftey advice are annoying too you'll sometimes see them in the middle of a firefight take there mask off to de-fog there goggles and while people who are stupid in this way dont directly bother me its if one of them loses an eye there more than likley to take the site to court rather than admit there own fault that worries me

i'm just gonna quickly butt in for my all time fave hate in the world and that is......

players who dont like being shot

i'm sorry to say but there are players out there who hate being shot no matter what range you shoot them at they kick up a fuss accuse you of being heavy handed or hosing them down when you've only given them a 2 second burst from your rifle

or they shoot you at point blank after you've asked them to surrender and then go crying to the marshal when you shoot them at point blank the next time you get within range

these people annoy me they dont have the common sense to realise that when you have 30 people on each team shooting each other with aeg's at 300fps that sooner or later you can expect a shot to sting a little

AIRSOFT CAN HURT often it doesnt but if you get shot and it hurts then its tough because its part of the game stop whining about the bloke who shot you on full auto because given the chance you would of shot him too THATS WHAT THE GAME IS ABOUT its COMBAT SIMULATION i've been shot in the nads, teeth, legs, fingers, head, feet, chest and spine and i dont winge about it because i know airsoft is a contact sport and in the heat of a shootout ranges can be under estimated or over estimated and the odd shot can hit you at close range or hit you at distance on a tender part such as the ear or neck

if you cant take the occasional sting of a bb hitting you then go to lazer quest or something at stop ruining the game for the rest of us!!!! :angry::angry:

ahh i feel better now i'm sweating a little and i went through a whole pak of cigs writing that but i'm glad i did phew it cant just be me who notices these people i'm sure every site has one but there my all time pet hate :D:D

Thats funny, I was at a game last Saturday....we were holding a floor against the "enemy"....anyway, I was on the stairs when I noticed three of the other side down below debating :)....anyway, I thought...at this range, if I fire with 350 fps thats gonna hurt! So I shout "BANG"...obviously signifying a shot in range....one of the guys takes the hint and walks of to re-gen the other two slink into the shadows as if I hadn't seen them...tools, anyway, because I'm still in killing range and if any of these plebs shows a hair I'd have wittled them down to a tooth pick, I shout "anyone down below, surrender"......one of the guys comes out, I shout again to be sure...and he just looks at me....then the twat primes a flash bang and throws it at me.....I thought what an *albartroth*, so I give this idiot a full salvo and take the hit from the grenade.....as I walk off I know justice has been served!

I particularly don't like the folk who like to tell random people what to do.

I go to play airsoft with my friends, to have fun, so winning at all costs is nowhere near the top of my priority list. However, there are always a few people who find the need to boss everyone around, and tell everyone exatly what to do, and when to do it...

Granted, if it was someone I knew and respected, I'd probably listen. However, most times its a person about half my age, who I don't know from a hole in the wall...

and now i'm going to consider stopping sounding like a petulant child...

i'm just gonna quickly butt in for my all time fave hate in the world and that is......

players who dont like being shot

^_^ I would give you a +1 but as that system is out of the window, I can only agree with you! Its ashame that there is always (at least) one guy at the site that is going to complain about that.

When I get shot in close range, after the round, they'll apologise but I refuse! This is airsoft- there is no reason to apologise (apart from the odd CQB snipers shot! :P ). But even if that happens- I have no problems.

As soon as those safety glasses go on- be prepared to be shot or don't play at all.

Ahhhh.... Much better! :D

Nov21

I'd rather be shot at close range, it's happened before, it only stings/bleeds for a second, than have someone shout "bang" at me. There is still a chance someone could miss when they shoot at you, with a bangkill you have an all emcompassing uber1337 death shout of doom. I'd rather take the pain.

My biggest dislike is when before the game starts everyone agrees that its going to be a quick one because people just want to run and gun (we generally do milsim but sometimes changing it up is good), but the other team decides they are either going to sit around and wait (this of course is legit if they have an objective to defend) or the attackers take their own sweet time getting there.

I love milsim, but if we are gonna do a quick game its a different mindset and once I'm in that mindset I get bored easily if it takes a heck of a long time.

I echo the great gun but ###### kit at themed games annoyance.

It does my nut when folk cant be bothered to make the effort for properly themed games.

I went to the senny weekender years ago and the rules were thus.

allies: DPM temperate or us woodland

north koreans: any other camo or OD

not restrictive, very inclusive.

how hard is that to follow.?

so why did we still have guys turning up in either DPM for the Koreans (or worse UK police armed response *why*?)

I mean its a themed event, its not an open day, the 'cant afford new kit ' argument is balls when folk spend 75 pound son a ticket to go - a green boilersuit is a fiver and set of brand new combats can be got for £20

I mean its a themed event, its not an open day, the 'cant afford new kit ' argument is balls when folk spend 75 pound son a ticket to go - a green boilersuit is  a fiver and set of brand new combats can be got for £20

less than 20 quid now i nipped into an army surplus store to buy a cheap set of combats to ghillie up i walked away with a set of DPM pants, shirt, jacket and cammo smock for 15 quid

i think airsoft is usually ruined by anyone who turns up with the objective of winning everything rather than having fun as they usually take it way too seriously and end up not calling there hits and cheating in order to win

me myself i've worked it out that 70% of the time i'm usually on the losing side and i actually think its more fun especially when your given an impossible objective its great fun seeing just how close you can get to completeing it knowing full well your about to be beaten horribly :D

Archived