The worst parts of airsoft

nine

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Body armor is one of the worst parts. Its understandable if you wear the military camo/bdu. But wearing kevlar and other reinforcements is way overkill for airsoft.

Please don't start that old chestnut again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,last thread that went down that road got locked.

Which reminds me, worst part of airsoft? Narrow minded posters who only believe in 'their way' & have very little or no tolerance for alternative opinion. :D

Greg.

in cqb i always use a helmet and a body armour, because i had some very bad experiences, with players that use overpowered guns. even if i use this gear i have never been accused of not declaring a hit. it's true that there are many airsofters that use only the newest gear, but there is a difference between someone who is a good player and someone who has the best gear.

in the association i'm playing, there are some others that talk about forming an "elite" group in the association itself. they created very tight clothing and gear rules in their group. they are very arrogant, they think that a good gear makes a good airsofter. but i with my 2nd or 3rd hand british equipment play as good as them. another example for this is that these persons useless items (mount flashlights, optics, red-dots and grenadelaunchers) on their guns, only to show them of, but are not able to complete some tasks, because their guns and gear becomes to heavy.

When someone does not realise you are using a sniper rifle, they call a marshall for not taking hits when ther bb's are falling 10-12 feet short of you and you have hit them 3 times already........... that guy annoyed the f**k out of me.

One more shot to the hand with the marshall next to him though, and the marshalls then having a laugh at the guy who called them over.

If you are hit, then don't complain if when you 'return fire' after, that the other party does not take a hit! I will just aim at your head next time around!

Sorry rant now over!

Please don't start that old chestnut again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,last thread that went down that road got locked.

Which reminds me, worst part of airsoft? Narrow minded posters who only believe in 'their way' & have very little or no tolerance for alternative opinion. :D

Greg.

Couldn't have said it better!

in the association i'm playing, there are some others that talk about forming an "elite" group in the association itself. they created very tight clothing and gear rules in their group. they are very arrogant, they think that a good gear makes a good airsofter. but i with my 2nd or 3rd hand british equipment play as good as them. another example for this is that these persons useless items (mount flashlights, optics, red-dots and grenadelaunchers) on their guns, only to show them of, but are not able to complete some tasks, because their guns and gear becomes to heavy.

Yeah i know a lot of players like that. I saw a 12 year old kid (at CQB) with a full metal m15 with a grenade launcher, scope, flashlight, and laser. During a game he quickly slung his gun to his side, the gun weighed so much, he fell striaght back on his butt. I laughed so hard i coudnt play, so I went back to the staging area. :D

Whats wrong with berets kerberos? I can see where certain folk might take issue with airsofters wearing certain berets with certain cap badges, but I find it odd that you (Seemingly) would take issue with say a team of people who went out, bought black berets and had a custom team patch put on them for example

Not meaning to come across as antagonistic but I'm genuinely interested as to why it'd be one of the worst parts of airsoft for you.

thats why my followup shot is for the head

the problem with that though, is that if they are wearing a full mask. in a case like that i like to go for the knuckle of the shooting hand if possible. one time though, i was playing, and i shot a guy with a full mask in the shoulder, and he didnt call it. i moved to a new position, shot him in the chest, he didnt call it. got mad, and moved up to about 75 feet out for a knuckle shot and noticed he had on really tight pants. i aimed ofr his manhood, and pulled off a nice clean shot. i have never seen a guy dance so enthusiastically in my life :P

I've toned down my loadout as my skill level has increased. At electro, while I still need a vest of some sort, I no longer need to be dressed like this:

244530076_751f311cc2.jpg

Why? Because I am good enough now not to need that much protection. I should point out that I could hear hits perfectly in all that!

I now wear something similar to this:

windowslivewriterscarreview-ad27bashoscar8.jpg

Which is very light. I have even recently taken off the neck guard and use a lighter helmet.

The reason I used to wear so much kit is because of the welts I was getting seriously pissing off my wife. No other reason, that was more than enough for me!

Basho

I do not think the issue is wearing body armour. it has more to deal with not calling your hits, which happens alot more often with players who choose to wear heavy amour. To say otherwise is kinda silly.

I, personally, dont mind if people like to look the part but, i think they should be more aware to hits.

Non support weapons with box mags in the hands of the terminally self indulgent. You know who I'm talking about, the guy who carries 10k rounds with an M4 and a box mag and apparently is numb from the scalp down about taking hits. He'll just walk out or run out spraying, as a hail of bb's ricochet off of him.

But basically: Hi-Caps, Box Mags and people who don't take their hits.

exactly, i have a pt plate carrier (the one the delta force wear) but instead of kevla, i have thick foam inserted into it, from 20 metres, i can still feel a hit

people that have ALL of the equipment, but don't want to get it dirty! no offence, but roll around a bit, crawl, theres no fun in standing around, waiting to be shotad

and finially other people calling airsoft "bb guns" or "so its like paintball!" <_<

AHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :angry2:

I haven't had any bad experiences with airsoft.

Also, I do not understand a lot of the complaints that some of you have. For example:

Multicam - I have multicam. What is the problem with this?

Masks, helmets - I have both and getting hit anywhere on either mask or helmet creates an echo and sounds very loud. It's impossible not to hear it. Also, sighting works perfectly fine with it.

People who can seemingly afford lots of stuff - I just have a VFC SCAR, multicam trousers and coat, multicam drop leg platform, and multicam double mag pouch. Sure the SCAR was relatively expensive but that's because I like buying nice things when I do buy things (and I rarely buy anything)

hicaps - I can't find a lowcap for the VFC SCAR (any help here would be appreciated). So why should someone dislike me for using the mags that work with my gun?

And looking over the other complaints, I can't for the life of my understand why someone would play airsoft if they do not like getting hit. One of the drills at the tae kwon do studio I go to is to put your hands on your head and have a black belt roundhouse kick you in the solar plexus 50 times with each leg. Sure it hurts (a LOT more than a bb) but hey, it goes away.

Oh, and I'm new to airsoft

Archived