The worst parts of airsoft

nine

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate guys who say they airsoft, and I find out that they really play with stuff from big 5.

I do not mind armor if I am using a higher FPS gun. But if i am using a FA-MAS or whatever it's a real *badgeress*. Hicaps bug me a bit just because it's not really real, but I can live with them.

I dislike when Airsoft games become a sport. Meaning when you for example get 1 point or whatever for capturing opponents flag etc. Or when people rant on how no one can hear them since they are über-sneaky(and they heard me from miles away hence implying how I suck). The last sentence is Connected to AS becoming a sport, when some believe that their tactic is the best since they shot half the other team.

I WANT TO BE HEARD! I stand up whenever I can an try to inspire people. That's the way I play. So what if I don't shot anyone? I have fun anyways. I'm not saying I don't like objectives, I do! But not when you can compare it to a football match without trouble.

Airsoft is not a sport. It's a hobby. Treat it like one.

Honestly... some people's kids :lol:

I used to run around in full camo, armor, and 50 kilos of gear like most other people on the field. I thought it looked cool, but it weighed so much that I was winded after 2 games and I often found myself wondering why I was carrying around 20 mags when I only went through 3 or 4 at most in game and why I was carrying around a 3 day supply of water when I never drank even a quarter of what was in my camelback throughout the day. I got tired fast and always ended up having to move really slowly due to all the weight I was carrying, but I did think it looked pretty cool and I could always hear my hits so I'd still call em' even when I never felt them hit.

It doesn't matter how much gear and how big of a mask you have on, you can always hear the hits even when you're returning fire.

But anyhoo, fast forward 2 years later... in the middle of a game one day I was so tired and overheated from lugging around all that unneccessary junk than I just unzipped my vest and dropped it right in the middle of a game, ripped the sleeves off my BDU jacket, pulled 3 mags out of a pouch and shoved em in my pocket, and ran off into combat. And what do you know, I moved a lot faster, got a lot more kills, never got winded, and had a heck of a lot more fun!

Later that week I put my $600 or so worth of expensive tactical gear up for sale, bought a simple chicom chest rig, a Bianchi M9 holster and double mag pouch to clip onto the side flaps of the chest rig, a set of russian dust goggles (replaced the lenses with airsoft rated lenses), a chicom shoulder bag for longer games when I needed to carry more mags and water bottle, and an old Italian military issue backpack for reaaaaaally long OPs and I was set. The whole new loadout cost maybe $80 (or 40 quid if you rather) at the most and is waaaay more comfortable and practical than all that high end tactical gear ever was. I use it for my AK, VSR-10, Mac-10, M1100 shotgun (with the addition of a shell bandolier), just pistols, and any other guns I might need to use it with. It's cheap, effective, lightweight, and carrys everything I need regardless of what gun I might want to use.

So yeah... the point of all this babbling is that having an expensive tacticool looking loadout doesn't make you a better and more experianced player or a more valuable team member. It only means that you've got a lot of money to blow on gear and you don't mind lugging around a hugely unncessary ammount of weight all day and getting overheated. Take it from a decently experianced player, the vast majority of the time a pair of lightweight pants, a t-shirt, and cheap and lightwieght gear is all you really need to have fun and be an effective player ^_^

DSC00438JPG.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

Jin15, Amen Brother!

I don't mind the Guys using real Body Armour, Helmets, and enough Equipement to last a Week, if they're having fun that way, but it's not for me. I wear a Belt-kit with a few Mags and an Utility Pouch.

I even stopped using Camouflage - OD Moleskin Trousers and a Black Hoodie work just as well. I do wear Foam Pads in a Body Armour Replica tough, CQC with just a T-Shirt would probably not be so enjoyable. :P

Hicaps bug me a bit just because it's not really real, but I can live with them.

Yes, because airsoft replicas are like thier real life counterpart... None can compare with range or accuracy and the ROF is usually alot higher in your airsoft replica too. Airsofting isn't realistic so I don't know why you are moaning about a hicap.

Jin15, Amen Brother!

I don't mind the Guys using real Body Armour, Helmets, and enough Equipement to last a Week, if they're having fun that way, but it's not for me. I wear a Belt-kit with a few Mags and an Utility Pouch.

I even stopped using Camouflage - OD Moleskin Trousers and a Black Hoodie work just as well. I do wear Foam Pads in a Body Armour Replica tough, CQC with just a T-Shirt would probably not be so enjoyable. :P

Exactly, it's all about having fun. CQC in a t-shirt isn't as bad as you would think though. Half the time I play, it is in a t-shirt and I play CQB sites mainly.

Airsoft is not a sport. It's a hobby. Treat it like one.

QFT.

I just don't like people that hold their trigger down for 5 minutes with an assault rifle is all. Otherwise it's not really a big deal for me. Reloading is just a lot more fun in my eyes as I have to be more aware of ammo. either way it's all good!

Airsoft can be what ever you want it to be... from dead serious mil sim type game to just for fun shooting your friends in the *albatross*.... but when you got guys with attitude that it has to do their way... then too bad...... just dont make people ..think and act alike... If any one want to wear just an undy and play... go head... it just not fun anymore when u take the fun out of it... -_-

Speaking as a man who loves his GBB pistols to bits, cold weather really bites the big one.

ditto, and helmets really really ###### me off. I understand people want to be protected, especially since i play CQB. However wearing a bulletproff helmet is overkill.

Having to get up 90minutes beforehand to get to the rally point, and then doing the drive back after a long day.

Also having a gun(especially an internally sound one) ###### out on you

Though the former is no longer a problem as now college is a mere 5 minute drive to the rally point, good times.

But anyhoo, fast forward 2 years later... in the middle of a game one day I was so tired and overheated from lugging around all that unneccessary junk than I just unzipped my vest and dropped it right in the middle of a game, ripped the sleeves off my BDU jacket, pulled 3 mags out of a pouch and shoved em in my pocket, and ran off into combat. And what do you know, I moved a lot faster, got a lot more kills, never got winded, and had a heck of a lot more fun!

This is good. Infantry combat is dominated by light infantry, not heavy infantry. But don't tell that to a western style military.

Since airsoft is only infantry combat, there is really no reason for anyone to put on tons of gear. Sure, they could think that it looks cool but they are putting themselves at a severe disadvantage. A loadout should consist of the minimum required to complete a mission. In airsoft thats your weapon and a few mags. Of course, if someone wants to wear tons of gear they can go right ahead.

Or if you're in a situation game which requires you to be self sufficient for a few days. I helped a friend run one of these on his farm, and we all had bedding, changes of clothes ((One luxury many soldiers in the field don't have, though most of us only had the one set of DPMs)), food, batteries and ammunition, first aid, more batteries and ammunition, something incase it got cold and snowed, our 'anti-violent-wildlife-protection-system' ((A whistle and in some cases a nife - or a sword in one notable instance)), and one guy even had a solar shower ((Same one what carried in a sword)).

We all had packs and webbing, in addition to our general combat loadouts. And this was for a game of only three days and two nights, and with the safe zone not 100 yards from the nearest house ((We wanted to "rough it", certainly, but we were still within safe dashing distance of civilization.))

So sometimes it makes sense to have all your kit on like that. That said, most situations don't call for it, but at the least you should have a webbing belt and yoke, if you're playing more than half-hour scenarios. Even Light-Infantry wears this sort of stuff ((And I personally don't like airsofting without my "first line" survival kit - some rope, a multitool, enough food for 24+ hours, something warm, &c.))

ditto, and helmets really really ###### me off. I understand people want to be protected, especially since i play CQB. However wearing a bulletproff helmet is overkill.

Ya helmet get really annoying sometimes lol.

I'm sorry but if someone wants to carry the weight of a helmet then let them, does it really affect you? I fail to see how someone choosing to wear head protection can have such a detrimental effect on your gameplay. I can assure you that you can definately feel the hits on a helmet. I've had a few 'ringers' aswell. After all the shots that have hit my head, I'd much rather wear the helmet.

Putting everyhting away after. Never in the mood for undoing my muddy boots, getting changed, cleaning my guns and putting eveyhting away after a hard day of airsoft.

I hear you on that.

Having to get up 90minutes beforehand to get to the rally point, and then doing the drive back after a long day.

Also having a gun(especially an internally sound one) ###### out on you

Though the former is no longer a problem as now college is a mere 5 minute drive to the rally point, good times.

Tell me about it, it takes about 3 hours to get to the site I often go to.

One really irritating thing I've come across recently is eliteisim, the belief that you / your team / kit /weapon etc... is better than someone else, just because you have it.

Having a team of "elite" players kick off at a group of regulars at my local site, simply because they were beaten in bad weather.

N.B. The "regulars" have only been playing since october, and are just getting sorted out with non hire weapons, but they've played in persistant sleet and snow, when a few people have cried off.

Exactly, it's all about having fun. CQC in a t-shirt isn't as bad as you would think though. Half the time I play, it is in a t-shirt and I play CQB sites mainly.

Well, I still remember that Woodland Session in Summer, where I played with rolled Sleeves up. I went prone in some kind of Plants which gave me a horrible Rash on my Arms. I'm kind of wary after such an experience. ^_^

I used to play with just a T shirt and jeans but think about Thats when I was NEW of course no one is going to pick you with a pistol and shorts you aren't gonna get *beep* done you stick out! I can see someone way better in civvies then in BDUs It's just common sense Some people are just anal about wut u wear and how much u spend. If the peeps at that sight hurt your feelings then thats not right. So...... Play at a different place. or BUY SOME QUALITY *beep* to insure emotional security if your into that sort of thing

(no flame intended im sympathetic)

cheers from the US of A

Hmm... The only pieces of kit I find really essential are magazine, boots (good boots at that), your gun, and hydration. That is all you really need. I mean good boots are a must for me, having played in the winter in both sneakers and *suitcasey* $20 jungle boots, I must say it is quite abysmal. Airsoft really stops becoming fun when your feet frieze for a whole day, and are numb and are constantly smashing against your hard plasticy boots. I play in field where there are lots of streams being constantly forded. But I am starting to like the milsim aspect of the game. Before that I used to care 3-4 hicaps and was a spray and pray player. I was one of those spoilt little bastards that had good gear, etc. but couldn't play all that well. But as I have continued to play I have gotten better at THE GAME. Before it was like wow I gotta have good stuff to play good. Now I know what matters most is that I am having fun. I don't quite hose ammo anymore, I have switched to midcaps, and I quite like it. I try to use tactics, etc. and airsoft is much more fun than just running around and holding the trigger for a few seconds. Yeah, I was one of those "noobs", but now that I think I find airsoft it much different and more fun consequentially. I am still a gear ###### though :D I think that having to reload is much more fun than standing there pouring hundreds of rounds at one player. What is really fun is playing at a field where everyone uses mid-low cap mags. Then everyone is in the same boat as you, and not just you, and firefights are way more fun!

Archived