The worst parts of airsoft

nine

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No worries, I was just making sure I didn't step on any toes or whatever.

I see your point though, but i think it would still exsist. Just means the attitudes might be moved to the field which would not be fun. The need to take out the stress might increase somewhat too. With no newbies on forums, newbies at skirmishes may be in the firing line. No pun intended. :) I don't think anyone wants that in the long run. Even those at fault.

Sorry Axl I was just elaborating on your point and agreeing yes.

I do often wonder though if the bitchyness of airsoft would exist if these forums didn't though ;)

Hmmm, I think one of the basic problems with the internet and internet forums is that people get used to the anonymity of both themselves and the people they are talking to, the result of which is that they no longer see any need to a.) behave well themselves as they are protected if they so wish (or at least they believe they are) and b.) the other person, being faceless is fair game to have a go in way we (hopefully) never would in real life. I mean, can anyone imagine just laying into someone the way we do at times in real life? The other related aspect is that because we can't see the other people's expression a lot of the jist of what someone is saying is lost. Whereas in real life we'd get a lot from say a brief expression, on the internet we don't have any of those defusing social mechanisms. The result of which is we all get way to serious and hostile towards people, the fact that it tends to be about subjects we all take a wee bit to seriously anyway doesn't really help.

Ramble over.

etc etc people shouldnt flame people simple unless its someone who like shoots for the eyes or something but yeah what funny stuff has anyone aisofted in ive done a few games in baggy *albatross* tracksuit and basketball trainers and a NY yankees flat peak hat with a uzi and a glock as weapons it was funny as f*@k

Posers.

If you're going to do a "look" and brag about how accurate it is and how the real operators use it just like you, don't get it wrong. There's nothing wrong with going full geardo or being the guy with his magazines stuffed in his hoody pocket. But spouting off about something and being wrong is terrible as it misleads the people around you and leaves you looking like a clueless git.

That's why I lit into nine so hard. Do not pretend to be something you're not. He might want to look up some of the better books and classes on self defense if he's really serious about self defense training. I would suggest anything by Sweeney, Cooper, Mas Ayoob or Frank W. James as a good start towards practical self defense.

On a completely different note: a good thing about airsoft: fairly standardized aeg magazines. Knowing that you're gonna be able to use almost every stanag magazine on a field is a great feeling.

Can't you haters play nice and just try talking to Nine instead of down to him?

Talking down to Nine? He was the one who started with the insults, calling people stupid and idiots. Read my posts and you will see it started off civil and got worse when he started with the insults.

I dont flame people who wear load outs... even though i think they are pointless.

All this started because you were hating on people who wear helmets.

I hate airsofting when you're just starting out, and browsing some forums to see what its all about. You find a thread titled 'Airsoft Hates' or likewise, and click upon it, for being a little wet behind your airsoft ears, you think that picking up on what people hate could be a good thing.

Finding that the some experienced airsofters using the board aren't exactly what i would call nice chaps makes me doubt the true core of what airsoft is about.

Grow up guys! I'm only 17 (alright, 18 in 22 days) but you must be older than me! Arguing about who has the biggest balls in a 'We hate people not calling hits' thread really helps fledgling 'softers such as myself.

Love y'all!

tried of arguing...

Image a 13 year old fat kid running around a CQB arena with a m11 and 3 mags, (of which were stuffed into his jeans, which saged to his butt.) that was me two years ago

i laugh everytime i think about it, (back then) i used to hate people who wore loadouts, now i dont mind as much.

Totally off topic here, but what bugs me the most about airsoft is reliability of the weapons. Especially sidearms. You know that I've never had a satisfactory sidearm? Firs one was an EBB, (okay, I knew it wasn;t going to be great, so I cna;t complain about that,) second was a TM MK.23. Great gun, but too big and unwieldy. Got a P99 NBB, but the mags leaked. I got a TM USP AEP after that, but it doesn;t feed 75% of the time. My latest sidearm is a TSD 1911 Tactical, which didn;t cycle half the time. And its not for my lack of trying to fix them. I'm pretty handy with fixing things. They just refuse to work. I guess I have to splurge an a TM G17 or something.

And my AEGs. They great when I'm plinking, or at smaller skimishes, but for whatever reason, they rarley work for me at larger games. Inevitably, at some point during the game, my primary will develop some problem. Won;t feed, won;t cycle, its always something. And It's not like I'm using cheapo MPEGs. Used to be TMs, now its STARs and VFCs. "What you pay for is what you get" my *albatross*.

People using support weapons and not firing bursts.

I think it unbalances things if you can keep firing constantly at a position without letting up, real MGs overheat y'know!

Airsoft loses some of the inherent disadvantages of certain types of weapon, and I think some effort should be made to keep these disadvantages in place, or sooner or later we'll all be using MP5k sniper rifles at 20rps with 2500rd drum mags, which I think would suck.

I agree with the above point (if I read it correctly) machine guns should be used as such, not as 'assault rifles with unlimited (sic) ammo'

Hmmm, I think one of the basic problems with the internet and internet forums is that people get used to the anonymity of both themselves and the people they are talking to, the result of which is that they no longer see any need to a.) behave well themselves as they are protected if they so wish (or at least they believe they are) and b.) the other person, being faceless is fair game to have a go in way we (hopefully) never would in real life. I mean, can anyone imagine just laying into someone the way we do at times in real life? The other related aspect is that because we can't see the other people's expression a lot of the jist of what someone is saying is lost. Whereas in real life we'd get a lot from say a brief expression, on the internet we don't have any of those defusing social mechanisms. The result of which is we all get way to serious and hostile towards people, the fact that it tends to be about subjects we all take a wee bit to seriously anyway doesn't really help.

Ramble over.

Am I the only one that thinks the above is one of the most intelligent posts about anything ever?

well said mate.

Archived