Goggles that don't fog?

shogunblue24

I'm not sure if you're looking for something to replace your face-mask as well, but the S10 Respirators are anti-fog machines, your face can sweat all you want, they will never fog up. Pro's and Cons:

Pro's:

-Never fog up - Special ventilation system that keeps the mouth and nose area of the most away from the eye section

-Lenses are pretty safely ballistic, and if you don't feel safe with real-steel ballistic lenses, you CAN buy airsoft suitable replacements (which I recommend, you only get one set of peepers, I don't think it's worth risking)

-You look scary wearing one

-They filter out the air, no moar death by smoke grenade

-Full face protection

-Will not slip off or fall off

-Relatively cheap - I've seen them on ebay for £50

Con's:

-They get warm, like...Alien face-sucker monster warm ;)

-When talking whilst wearing one, the only words anyone outside the mask will be able to hear well are "mrmph" and "mrmphlmph"

*waits for incoming compulsory "this is not what the OP asked for" post with no relevant information in it*

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i find the main cause of masks fogging up is your breath bouncing off the inside of the mask and spreading up to your eye's

i found drilling a few extra holes in the front of the maks where you breath out helps this mod takes a while though

i've drilled lenses before and shot them to test durability half a dozen holes round the edge of each lense keeps everything solid however when i drilled 24 holes around the lense and shot it it cracked (note cracked not shattered) but 6 holes at each edge seems to help a little (but not a lot)

head into any motorbike shop and get some motorbike helmet defogger it works well and aint as expensive as it sounds

2 small computer fans (this has already been mentioned) and bit of modding and you can make a homemade fan powered mask i find 2 work best one bringing air in one taking it out

one thing i will say though is that masks which have "thermal lenses" dont work as well as they claim

<snip>

-Relatively cheap - I've seen them on ebay for £50

<snip>

jesus christ! you can get them from your local surplus store for about £20, i know i did! comeplete with anti contaminant powder and DPM haversack.

the S10's ARE good at not being foggy though, even if you do get a tsunami of sweat down your t-shirt when you take it off...

• 3 weeks later...

Really? The X800T's gather fog really quickly when it gets wet. I've got even the X500T's to fog totally, not to mention that the X500's are very big and bulky. And I'm not even the typical fattie that sweats a liter of moisture in five minutes, quite the opposite.

I've never had any problems with my Bolle X800s. Wiley Xs are outstanding but they are more like glasses and some sites won't let you use them. I would only use them with the strap fitted so they fit tightly to your face. I've worn them in the UK, Afghanistan and in Belize and they've never steamed up once. I've snapped them a few times however!

Sucks hardcore.

Just buy something decent.

I find cat c-r-a-p is great. As long as you apply it properly, when the lenses are dry, it works magical wonders.

Agreed, i use Cat Cr*p and it works a treat

i got it from ebay for £5 and the tub should last AGES!

my bolle x800s NEVER fog when im moving. its when its humid and when ive been playing a while, and if i stop moving then they start fogging, but if i take a few quick steps, or if theres a breeze then they clear up again.

ive had quite bad experiences with Wiley X, most notably the sg-1 goggles, never managed to get them to stop fogging, even after cutting away most of the foam.

ESS NVGs... they're alright, only a bit of fogging, but I've only tried them once because they look too large with a boonie, and i dont have a helmet atm.

The Bolle's are my goggles of choice, though I think I will probably be trying some cat ###### :P

Archived