NEW! Tokyo Marui 2008 models!

Armourpiercing

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ The AK is nice but for that price... :waggle:

I can only imagine the strength of the recoil. I can feel the recoil on my stock TM after a battery charge, so I bet the new system will be a ton funner. But its even more costly than a WA M4... definitely not worth buying.

The MAC-10 magazine has a moving follower, because the gearbox sticks into the magazine well. The mock follower is compressed into the magazine when it's inserted into the grip, but looks "full" when it's out. That's the reason, cosmetics. It does not stop the AEP from firing.

The thing is certainly not full metal. The upper and lower receivers are both plastic. At 1400 grams it's quite heavy, but the even balance makes it feel lighter. And it's less than 50% of the real MAC-10's weight. :(

Supplied with the MAC-10 is a suppressor, which is all plastic but has a foam filling and can be used to hide a tracer unit. The outer barrel doubles as a thread protector and reveals a regular 14 mm left hand thread.

-Sale

Apologies on one my drafts that was posted on the news last night. The correct one has been re-upped.

Edit: Odd it's not working hmm...? Anyways, the actual news did not have the metal body qoute. The actual product is a sand-blasted plastic body with steel/metal parts used. Features a working bolt lock, a nickel plated inner barrel as a black barrel instead of a brass colored barrel, and the rubber coated suppressor.

Hey the pics they showed made me think it was metal. And I think airsoft-news.eu said it was metal too.

metalmac.jpg

Yeah, this was strange for me....I saw this exact display at the show and I held both pieces. One was plastic, one was metal...My reading is ######, so I didn't know what was up...I figured metal was an option...but I didn't bother to ask since my kids were running wild at the time.

Kids were allowed to shoot the new P99 in a little tent they had set up and win candy and snacks....

Apologies on one my drafts that was posted on the news last night. The correct one has been re-upped.

Edit: Odd it's not working hmm...? Anyways, the actual news did not have the metal body qoute. The actual product is a sand-blasted plastic body with steel/metal parts used. Features a working bolt lock, a nickel plated inner barrel as a black barrel instead of a brass colored barrel, and the rubber coated suppressor.

Damn, now it's been confirmed. I feel so let down.

If they wanted to make a plastic gun, they should have scrapped this and just went straight to the TMP. :angry:

What? $1,900HKD for a GBB pistol?

TM = WA. You saw it here.

The Biohazard models have always been more expensive, no? Might be because of the official licencing and stuff.

TM performs better than WA, so if you get a well finished limited model, you're still getting more for the money.

-Sale

• 4 weeks later...

Since the new 4.3 is out now I wonder which holster is on the official TM pictures:

http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/products/02/h...n/images/01.jpg

http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/products/02/h...n/images/08.jpg

It looks like a BHI Serpa but I could not find any confirmed information about 4.3 and Serpa. Can someone help me?

The Biohazard models have always been more expensive, no? Might be because of the official licencing and stuff.

TM performs better than WA, so if you get a well finished limited model, you're still getting more for the money.

-Sale

True, but the day I spend $1900 on a GBB pistol is the day I start growing my hair long and having sex with trees whilst hanging from my trousers, upside-down, with a vacuum cleaner attached to my forehead. Not going to happen.

Ever.

Never say never, dude.

Although even if you did the latter, it doesn't mean you can save up 1900 HKD to blow on a toy. ;)

On the holster thing, the Hi-Capas fit in hard holsters made for certain tactical 1911/2011 -variants. I'm not sure if one is included in the SERPA-lineup.

-Sale

Handled the TM Mac-10 yesterday, it was very light. The KWA Mac-11 weighs considerably heavier. Too bad the TM Mac-10's suppressor is plastic-thought it would be at least aluminum or something. Waiting for the TM MEU. I hope gas capacity will be better than the TM 1911, maybe not? I'd like to see TM make a Kimber .45, an H&K P2000, P3000 and a S&W M&P.

D'ya know i've been thinking about this for the last couple of weeks. As the MAC10 has been released (yes, fair enough it's plastic) with the silencer, i wonder if marui would contemplate releasing a stock for the Steyr TMP when it finally see's the light of day?

Why is it I can get straight to the thread by clicking on last post of thread title and yet if I were to go to News first and then find the thread it doesn't list it?

Not quite sure I understand you, but recently the order of the threads listed in the "Airsoft News" forum have become listed by thread creation date, as opposed to last post date. These settings can be reverted to the original style with a button click however.

• 1 year later...

Archived