Is this a SCAR?

Revenge Seeker

I could almost like that FX-05. I just hope he doesnt forget which he is holding out of the bugle and the gun, and put it to his lips...

I really really really want to say "SCAR fer sure"...but then that fire selector with its H&K style quarter hemisphere selector chants in my head like a harpy...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen photos of Czech Special Forces using M4s so I guess its possible they've taken it one step further or something. I've also seen photos of what appears to be Czech units training with US forces. They do seem to be fond of making their own revamps of most weapons and also particularly AK revamps. If this is the CZ-805 then its the only fully visible photo we seem to have of it but I agree with Guzzi on the selector marks (and magwell) screaming H&K.

That Mexican G36 is an abomination of an already fugly gun - and I like H&Ks in general.

edit; I took a little time to zoom in on the details of this pic and do the same to a bunch of pics of the guns we think it might be and I have to say I now reckon it looks most like a (heavily) modified G36c.

edit2;

here is the zoomed and tipped gun focusing on the reciever;

isaG36c.jpg

and here's some reference from wolfarmouries;

AEG13.jpg

41SMGTMHKG36C.jpg

ejection port, magwell, cocking lever, trigger, lower RIS and fire selector all look virtually identical. It looks like its had a new stock, new flipup sights on a top RIS rail, new gasblock, new barrel, new side RIS, aimpoint or scope and a bipod-foregrip - rail carry handle removed of course and the position of the selector icons appears to have been moved across.

ejection port, magwell, cocking lever, trigger, lower RIS and fire selector all look virtually identical. It looks like its had a new stock, new flipup sights on a top RIS rail, new gasblock, new barrel, new side RIS, aimpoint or scope and a bipod-foregrip - rail carry handle removed of course and the position of the selector icons appears to have been moved across.

I would disagree about the cocking lever and fire selector.

Fire selector looks very SCAR like. Also, the upper receiver is different, and the lower is two pieces, not one like the G36.

Put simply, I don't think its anything to do with the G36. RIS accessories are RIS accessories, and can't really be used as a way to identify a weapon IMO.

My best guess would be a SCAR variant that takes AK mags. As has already been mentioned, they already have AK variants in the armoury, so a new rifle that still uses those would be good for the supply chain.

The Vz.58 is not based on the Kalashnikov, its a tilt lock rifle.

The new one is another todays rail-fashion polymer, gas operated 556Nato carbine/rifle.

Concerning the Steyr AUG celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, "new" is slightly exaggerated.

But the texture difference suggests, it has a Bushmaster M17 style extruded aluminium receiver.

Its not a H&K, FN, or other weapon. With the designation 'CZ-805' it'll be most likely made by Česká zbrojovka (CZ).

Influence is definately from the H&K G36 series, but also the FN SCAR series. but it is not either. Most likely it'll just be a gun loosely based on the ideas of both of them, designed for the Czech Armed forces.

Yes, the upper looks a bit like a scar. but it doesnt have the case deflector behind the ejection port. Yes, it looks like a G36, but it doesn't have the 'flappy paddle' cocking handle on the top of the gun.

It's a Czech design.

This is not the SCAR that was designed to accept Kalashnikov mags. If you look closer, yes it has the paddle-type mag release but it also features a G-36 style magazine well. As most of you should know, Kalashnikov mags must be 'rocked' into place using the front mag catch as the pivot point. Having the full mag well such as seen on this mystery weapon would prevent that. This can be seen on the cut down mag well for that M4-variant that uses AK mags. Thus, this theory should be dispelled.

In my opinion, it is a Czech design incorporating traits of other systems that they found to be most effective. Much like the Mexicans did with their ugly c*nt of a rifle.

I think this thread is more full of ###### than a stable that hasn't been cleared out in a year. :P

why would you say that? Its a thread of people discussing what they think the gun is... Isn't that what forums are for? discussions?

I think the thread is going rather well despite no one knowing what it is exactly. There's very little off-topicness in it. And its 4 pages in a couple of days... :D

Archived