Post Nuke/Apocalype Loadouts.

Hey everyone,

I am thinking about putting together a "post nuke" loadout. Which basically is a loadout for if a nuclear war ever occured and humans where living in the nuclear "winter". This is kind of like Mad Max and movies such as that. I have been searching around for quite awhile and started putting together what I would wear (and I plan to make a loadout of this) if a nuclear war ever occured. This is a very loose loadout ATM. Feel free to post your ideas.

Weapon:

HK416 w/ Aimpoint or M16A4 or AK47S

USP .45

Clothing:

Jeans/Slacks/BDUs/Sweat pants

Assorted T-shirts/Long shirts/Sweat shirts

Heavy Coat or Trench Coat

Magnum Boots

Gear:

ALICE gear: 4x M16 3mag pouches, 2x canteen pouches, buttpack.

Israeli M15 Gas Mask

Gloves (Heavy winter, Nomex)

ALICE Rucksack w/ survival needs.

Ka-Bar

CRKT M16-10KZ

Surefire G2 with extra batteries and bulbs.

This is just a start, if a nuclear war ever started I'd have ALOT more stuff with me. This is my barebones kitlist.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then I would be quite alone on this planet. Why would I need rifles for? To shoot animals? Hmmm tasty radiationchicken... To shoot people? If there are only like a couple of people alife in my country, I'm not gonna shoot them...

What's the point anyway? IF you survive, it will be because you've managed to sneek into a nuclear bunker of some sort. I think the best thing you'll have to do is to stay there untill radiation and fallout disappears, which would be like a couple of hundred years.

/edit: don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the "what-if" scenarios. What if zombies attack, what if aliens attack. What if you've been kidnapped by the beautiful daughter of Saddam Hussein. What if Bush invaded your country. What if Hitler ressurrects and decides to kill all Belgians. And so forth and so on.

But there's really no point in a what-if scenario in this case. Nuclear winter is not something like you see in computergames (I've played Fallout 1 for months back into the 90s, what an epic game). It's just one big... fail... for mankind.

Then I would be quite alone on this planet. Why would I need rifles for? To shoot animals? Hmmm tasty radiationchicken... To shoot people? If there are only like a couple of people alife in my country, I'm not gonna shoot them...

True there, but I also have tied this in with COMWEC or Complete Meltdown of Western Civilization. So even if you survived a nuke which wipes out the goverment or something along those lines, everyone will be looking out for their own necks.

I think his point is, get this, fantasy.

Besides, no one said you had to be at the blast site to be there later. After all, they moved into Hiroshima very quickly after the bomb. Granted, that was only atomic and not nuclear, but this is fantasy after all.

I think the loadout could be pretty sweet looking, if done right.

And as far as the guns go, people already get desperate enough to shoot each other to "survive". How would they be if they really had to survive? It's called desperation ;)

True there, but I also have tied this in with COMWEC or Complete Meltdown of Western Civilization. So even if you survived a nuke which wipes out the goverment or something along those lines, everyone will be looking out for their own necks.

That's a complete different story :) That's not a nuclear winter (which is, basically, a destruction of all unprotected life) but a WorldWar3. Think Stalingrad but a twenty times worse. Something like an anarchy led by Tatcher.

I strongly recommend that you watch a British film from the early 1980s called "Threads" - its perhaps the most grim film i've ever seen. Here's the front cover from a copy of the Radio Times from that time.

rtcover.jpeg

You can find the entire film on youtube if you look around.

Some how I can't realistically see Mad Max style characters in a post-nuclear world, though on the airsoft field it'd be interesting to see!

You should check out some of the rebel load outs in the film "Children of Men". I really like those! They are very post apocalyptic and DIY. If you pick up the DVD check out the rebels at the end of the film when they travel to the outskirts of the city. ALICE gear, AK's, minor armor and dirty, nasty uniforms. Definetly not as en vogue as the load outs in Resident Evil: Extinction or even as 80's stylized as Mad Max.

Remember AK are probably the most prolific assault rifle in the world; I bet even those weapons would survive a nuclear/atomic attack. They are like the cockroaches and Twinkies™ of the modern world's weapons.

I'd say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Skinny, is the look you're searching for.

In fact, skinny, growing skinnier, until dead.

Yup, that's about it.

Don't worry about fancy kit, after a few weeks you'll trade it all for a cheese sandwich.

I'm afraid K-Mart & Mc Donald's will both be closed................................Forever.

Greg.

Personally I dont think the senario fits right as others have pointed out if you survived you might not need this stuff

Like the idea tho, survivors of some sort of incident which messed up the environment say, this could have destroyed the planets infrastructure, toppled Governments and left many dead....but this would leave far more survivors than a nuclear holocaust and possibly have room for these Mad Max/Postman type senarios

HK416, M16a4 seems a little high tech, and I doubt an RDS would survive an emp blast unless it was faraday caged. I'd for for something like an m1 carbine, someone that a civilian in the US could probably own.

If you could get onto a base and then into the armoury to collect that equipment before everyone else had been in a stripped the place bare (if)...then I could see someone having one of these (either that or they own a civilian model)

This thread reminds me of the movie "The Postman" with Kevin Costner, and of course the whole Mad Max series.

I'd think that shotguns are probably just as prevalent as M16/AK47s...

M870 With Shell Bandoleer

Crop Duster Trench Coat

OD Marine-Style Patrol Cap

Black Wool Commando Sweater

OD BDU Pants

Black Leather Combat Boots

Chewed Cigar Stub

Yeah, I think that would be it. Totally impractically, but totally kick-*albatross*.

Upper wear:

I think a stained and torn earth tone waffle-print long sleeve tshirt would look rather spiffy for part of an end-of-humanity loadout. On the top of that, one should wear a scruffy black bullet proof vest (again, stained with dust and dirt, maybe blood, too, worn threadbare in places where rubbing often occurs) and some sort of dark, dirty, tattered coat (something that used to be fancy).

Pants:

Anything goes. I'd stick to something either surplus or earth-tone. Pockets are a must.

Footwear:

COMBAT BOOTS! Make them dirty and unpolished with the rough leather showing through. Rough-out boots are even better. The ultimate would be really tall boots with steel toe caps on the outside, a big chunky sole, and a mechanism that makes a switchblade pop open when you press a button. I've always wanted something like that. :D

Headgear:

A shemagh worn as a scarf would be a nice touch. Maybe a knit cap, or a driver's cap. Most popular head wear nowadays would just look silly.

Accessories:

Aviator gloves with the fingertips cut off. A big surplus backpack. Gasmask. Load bearing equipment and weaponry should be of the "take what you find" variety.

The keywords are dirty, tattered, and earth-tones. Give a homeless guy some used combat boots, a gasmask, a rifle and some webbing and he'll pretty much look the part. :P

This discussion makes me want to do a post-apocalyptic loadout...

A bunch of us were going to go the Deadite look, but that evolved for each individual. Now we're going more cyborg/high tech futuristic post-apocalyptic solder.

atomicS.jpg

My starting point. There's a ton that's already been done, and plenty left to do:

I have articulated motocross knee/shin guards

I have a stormtrooper type neck cover (but cloth, not plastic)

The helmet now has a laser, 2 torches, strobe, antennae and "breathing apparatus" attached

I'm going to get some black & gray camo (not sure which pattern yet)

Logos on straps and things have been blacked in

The boots I want cost as much as a cheap AEG (Icon Field Armor)

Hoses and wires are being covered in black corrugated tubing

I'm also working on making a pouch that works like a pez dispenser for the King Arms VN midcaps I use, but I'll pull from the bottom, not the top.

Not for everyone, but I'm having a ball with it.

Weapons:

-FAL or G3 (useful for hunting critters on both two and four legs)

-1911 or USP

-Remington 870 (for birding)

Clothing:

-Appropriate to weather. Light-weight trousers and shirts in Summer, heavier weights and sweaters in Spring and Fall, and jackets and heavy coats in Winter.

-Boots. Prob'ly my Danner Marines.

-Hat. Prob'ly my Stetson.

-Gloves. Appropriate to weather. Flight in summer, heavy in Winter.

Load-bearing:

-Backpack. Prob'ly my Eagle A-III.

-Belt, holster, canteens. Prob'ly my LC-2 belt, with H-suspenders, my French aluminum canteens (because I can light a fire under them), and either an M1916 holster for a 1911 or an M84 for a USP (or a custom M1916 for the USP).

-Chest rig. For the rifle mags. Might go with a lightweight vest, a la the CLBV.

-Knives. A Strider and my CRKT M16-13LE.

Misc:

-Flashlight. I'll use my Mag-Lite until I 'salvage' something better.

Archived