Knife kills?

AllGunzblazin

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

knife kills are very cool. I really need to pick one up next time I order BBs. It adds to the game if used in the correct manner. IE tap out.

I dont think having 2 untrained people swing rubber knifes at each other is a good idea at all. I do a lot of aikido, so I may sound a little anal to some people. The tap out with knifes are good though.

we've been playing with rubber knives in hk for long time now and i havent seen an injury, but theyre seriously soft rubber, if you wave it back and forth it bends

i got mine as a model kit from academy.. though i believe everyone else i know got their pre-assembled

As for allowing physical contact in airsoft, I think it something that must be agreed upon unanimously before the game. If all the players involved are okay with it then I'm fine with it, I always thought it would be cool to have a little knife fight with someone else who ran out of ammo.

Any more info than that mate??

I've seen an Academy knife for sale and it looked identical to the G&P M9 bayonet which has been around for a few years.

There's a chinese copy of it available now for about $10 from RSOV.

It's actually pretty nicely made. The blade is pretty floppy but the hilt is hard plastic so you wouldn't want to be chucking it at anybody.

Course, if you can find a foam M9 bayonet, it'll give you a sheath to put it in.

as previously stated i got mine from a local hobby kit shop i know. ive referenced someone who may know more to this thread

airsoft@thesource.com.hk

:P

ask nicely.

;)

for la rules...

9 Knife Kill

9.1 Is a way of eliminating your opponent when in close proximity. Its advantage over calling for surrender is that it is silent.

9.2 A knife kill occurs when a player “taps” the opponent on any part of his body. When that happens the opponent is considered “dead”.

9.3 A “knife killed” opponent does not announce that he/she is “hit”, and must stay silent. They then raises his/her weapon over his/her head and proceeds out of the play area like any “hit” player.

personally... when making knife kills... i proceed with knife in one hand... and pistol in other.

so its a matter of offering... "you want this.. or this"... lol.

:rolleyes:

and if a barrel is raised in my direction... you know what they going to get.

:D

FC

I've seen an Academy knife for sale and it looked identical to the G&P M9 bayonet which has been around for a few years.

There's a chinese copy of it available now for about $10 from RSOV.

Course, if you can find a foam M9 bayonet, it'll give you a sheath to put it in.

Top man and thanks for the offer :D

Bang kills are the method in general use at the games at which I play, knife kills and buttstock taps leave room for injury, which can ruin a day of play, for both you and the person being injured.

I normally carry a KA-BAR combat knife on my person during games, which would be unsuitable for knife kills in any case.

The sites I normaly play at allow Knife kills and they work quite well, I use a cold steel traing knife personally. But and this is the important bit dont do as a teamate of mine did and spend 20 minutes crawling into position, get a knife kill then jump up screaming "Yes, yes I got a knife kill" as you will then be promptly hosed by the ten members of the opposing team that you crawled through without seeing.

Bang kills are the method in general use at the games at which I play, knife kills and buttstock taps leave room for injury, which can ruin a day of play, for both you and the person being injured.

I normally carry a KA-BAR combat knife on my person during games, which would be unsuitable for knife kills in any case.

Whoa!

My irony-meter just went off-scale.

So, it's dangerous to use a foam knife in airsoft but it's okay to carry a real one with you?

Sorry but not at any game I'm playing in.

Knife kills are not allowed at any fields that we play on. We did a night game a few years back and it became quit a big deal because a guy was going around knife killing people. It was never stated that kife kills ere not allowed but being it at night and having someone sneek up on people you cold only imagine what might happen. I know if I had someone sneek up behind me and grab me ifrom behind t would not turn out to nice.

I think that's kind of what Charlie's getting at.

There are two possible reactions to some turd running around grabbing people around the throat and yelling YOU'RE DEAD or whatever. The first is the knee-jerk reaction (or, as some people would term it, the "wuss" reaction) of banning knife kills altogether. The second is to regulate knife kills to a tap on the shoulder.

You can guess which one I consider the more sensible for most airsoft sites.

Though I do understand the reasoning of the other rule, and will abide by it if I encounter it on the airsoft field.

Bang rule kills are rubbish. If you have a gun, slot em! I played at UCAP once and someone tried bang killing me from behind from so far away and so quietly, that I didn't hear him the first three times he said it! Think I just shot him in the end as he wasn't close enough. Bang rule sucks and I'm glad it doesn't get used at Urban Assault or Electrowerkz.

Butt stock taps sounds like it could easily escalate into pistol whipping! Not a good plan.

I'm generally of the opinion that if you've spent several hundred quid on something that flings BBs quite fast at someone that should be the way you 'kill' people!

Exception is knife kills, which are hilarious if done safely and properly. No aggro or grabbing around the neck necessary, a gentle tap is far more humiliating!

Archived