hugh_b

Painted Weapons Picture Thread

i've always hated painted guns that wasn't a professional job. Flame me all you want, but last summer i finally got one of my guns painted. The guys over at Impact Games (Grant) helped me out a whole lot.

The gun is a TM m14 that was built and tuned by Zero Ops (aka Team KS USA). i have the parts to mount the AIMPOINT onto a foward mounted scout mount, but i got too lazy before i took this pic.

this is an old pic, but i recently got my hands on an m14 RAS.

TIGERSTRIP BABY FTW!

DSC00335.jpg

Edited by asinapple8805

Pirix, that looks absolutely awesome. What'd you use/do for the base layer? I've been working on an MC paintjob myself, and every time I try it out on something, I can't get a base layer I like.

I paint a base layer of tan from Krylon, and before it dries i paint with od until i reach the desire color. I saw this on a forum ( i just don't remenber where ).

SHADOW FOREVER

PIRIX

Freshly painted today. Me and my dads first time painting a full size rifle. Turned out ok IMO.

We Used Krylon Olive Green for the base. With Krylon Khaki and Brown for the "stripes". I love how flat the paint is but the nozzle on the can is horrible, hard to aim.

dscf2860nx0.jpg

I'll get better pictures in natural lighting soon hopefully.

Are you using the sights on the can !? :P:D hahaha sorry i had to, but yes i find it hard to aim spray paint cans as well, i use an off brand camo..i need to get pics up.

Pirix, I have to say, that is the nicest paintjob I've ever seen on an airsoft gun (not to downplay other people's work... this one just strikes me the right way)... Nice work!

Alright......what can i do to make it better than, because im thoroughly pleased with how it turned out.

You should be pleased with the painting, it's good! What i meant was that I didn't like the guns you painted, sorry :blush:

First of all, thanks.

I have to say that truly this is the first time that i paint a airsoft gun. Multicam is not the easiest camouflage to achive, but it goes with trial and error. I don't have much experience with paint cans and i'm going to try to do it with a airbrush because i've been a modeller for 20 years and my experince came from painting models, but not militar models.

SHADOW FOREVER

PIRIX

dscf1207ro8.jpg

dscf1210ce1.jpg

dscf1209cb3.jpg

COD4 inspired paintjob with a bit of a custom touch.

Done by Dave from Long Island Airsoft [www.islandairsoft.net]

Edited by Xero G