• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens when you put together:

A Echo1 G36C

A sand-blasted aluminum KSK rail

A complete AR BUIS set

A Classic Army large G36 foregrip, which is capable of fitting both wiring styles of 9.6v 2000 mah mini nunchucks. Some tape and foam were added to keep the battery from rattling.

A modified Private Parts G36 magwell

A length of paracord and the male half of a Tactical Tailor Urban-Ops sling

An electric blue Aimpoint Comp2

You get the G36JS aka "The Prototype"

P.S.: I didn't think a two-tone G36 was possible. LOL

talon0315g36jsrq8.th.jpg

Edited by talon_0315

nice to see someone using lowcaps! they are compulsory in our club soon... although i usually just take 6 on me. That is one nice looking K though!

I agree with Roanix though... M4 stocks should be perminantly banned from all H&K products... shame on you people!

Deep pockets...and I think thats why it looks too tall...

Actually, we were pretty frugal. Both carry handles cost us about $40 (edit: after California sales tax and the usual "you live in the Bay Area" mark-up) for the 6061 alu bar stock, a flan made by me, and some lunches and dim sum.

As for "too tall", the ultimate goal was to make these things practical. I am still looking into getting the realsteel Norwegian carry handles. ^_^

RDS and BUIS mounted to it sight in like a dream (to us at least) and there's -just- enough space to get a Caucasian hand in a SOLAG comfortably between the underside of the rail and the charging handle. We're both Asian so it's actually a little roomy.

The added bonus (again for us) is that the picatinny is truly milspec and our gunsmith actually listened to what we had to say and met our specifications to the letter.

We're quite happy with the results and are now just waiting for the handles to be anodized.

Edited by mprojekt
Actually, we were pretty frugal. Both carry handles cost us about $40

As for "too tall", the ultimate goal was to make these things practical.

Wow, thats a nice price...your machinist must have been ready to do the 1913 rail.

I,personally, can't understand wanting to make the rail taller. The stock G36C rail is almost too tall...something about G36 ergos demand (from me) a really low sighting set up. I didn't like my Aimpoint in a low mount on the stock rail...too tall. I have no interest in the KSK rail...cool, but not comfortable at all (for me).

nice to see someone using lowcaps! they are compulsory in our club soon... although i usually just take 6 on me. That is one nice looking K though!

I agree with Roanix though... M4 stocks should be perminantly banned from all H&K products... shame on you people!

That's why I used a 416 stock. :D

also the magwell converter should be banned, if you want to shoot with stanags, get an m4 or something.

btw only 6 lowcaps? I for woodland I have atleast twelve with me.

But then again, I have about 25 lowcaps. :rolleyes:

Indeed, whoever started mass producing these at affordable rates (no, not 100+ quid) could make a bloody fortune off airsofters :P

People have been saying this for years. Nobody seems to be paying any attention. CA? STAR? SRC? Anybody...

That's why I used a 416 stock. :D

You know, I've never seen a real (non-prototype) 416 with such a stock, and if I'm correct HK also doesn't make these so if you ask me, the "short 416 stock" is just a fictional airsoft release. They do exist in rs but they've got nothing to do with HK.

There's a 116mm difference between a 247mm g36c barrel and a 363mm m4 barrel. With a 110mm silencer, am I going to be covering the entire barrel? Is there enough wiggle room in the flashhider, etc?

jg g36c to be specific, but it *should* be about the same for all of them.

Figured I should ask the accessory-heads in the pic thread ;)

This should be the correct one: (RS)

http://sl-8.de/Rails/rails.html (top listed)

gonna set you back 180 euros + S&H fees though...which sucks arsehair >.<

Yikes! Thats $27k for that KSK rail! Is there anywhere that makes them for cheaper?

I thought the Norwegians used the export rail (scope, no red dot) version. Did they switch over?

As for you benplaut, the barrel will stick out around 110mm but depending on how precise the barrel or the suppressor will be it may or may not stick out. If it does stick out, it should be no more than 1-2mm. I say take the safe way and just get like a 120mm suppressor.

your math is horribly off; it's about $360 + S&H, not 27k (haven't checked current currency rates, grabbed this from memory)

and no, as seen below, they use the KSK rails (can't remember wether or not they have MP7 flip-ups) and what looks to me like a Comp M2 reddot.

also, mind you, the G36k is currently only in service by the norwegian Coastal Ranger Command, and most likely won't be picked up by anyone else, as the armed forces have just purchased an absolute arseload of HK416s :)

Om-kjk-modA-inter_78522a.jpg

/EDIT:

no flip-ups, better shot here:

verneplikt_kjk_104652a.jpg

Edited by Pkekyo-Nor