Armalite Pictures

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone knows that you can't saftey an AR-15 unless it's got a round chambered... :)

*sarcasm mode engaged*

Really. You might want to try to tell a Skill At Arms Intructor that I know down at the RMP CP Wing :P If you're real lucky, he'll only insult your intelligence levels! :devil:

*sarcasm mode disengaged*

Awaiting flaming :flamed::D

*sarcasm mode engaged*

Really. You might want to try to tell a Skill At Arms Intructor that I know down at the RMP CP Wing :P If you're real lucky, he'll only insult your intelligence levels! :devil:

*sarcasm mode disengaged*

Awaiting flaming  :flamed::D

Well there's some kind of thing like that where if the weapon can't be fired anyway you can't put it on safe or something..?

God I hope nobody goes "this is maaaahh saftay sarrrr" whilst pointing to their right trigger finger...

Well there's some kind of thing like that where if the weapon can't be fired anyway you can't put it on safe or something..?

God I hope nobody goes "this is maaaahh saftay sarrrr" whilst pointing to their right trigger finger...

They are commonly referred to as "Smart Guns" here in the states. The name came around after the M1911 ws introduced because the thumb safety wouldn't engage unless the gun was capable of firing a round IE the hammer was cokked(spelt like that to slip past any filters). Great guns.

You can't turn the safety on my friend's XM177 without a charged round in it. It makes me uneasy a lot of the time and it isnt the only firearm that works like this. Always treat a weapon like it has a live round in it and it will shoot as soon as you pull the trigger, no mater what.

Usually what I do is pull the bolt back on the rifle so it sticks out all the way (you can lock it open on the real thing, and press the tab on the left side of the receiver to release it). Easier than cocking the rifle every time you pick it up to see if their is a round chambered.

Scope, problem with that is that the bolt release can be easily brushed up against and disengage (bolt goes forward), then you have a weapon with a live round in the chamber. I'd just leave it closed, then check every time. Seems safer

I've just finished a video of all the pictures in this thread so far, with the title of the owner above, set to some appropriate music. It's 28MB.

Does anybody want me to upload it, or could you even offer a decent place to host the thing? :) It's about 4 mins 30.

Not a great picture, but am Armalite varient no one has posted yet (as far I could see, anyway)

An M4 Patriot assault pistol - originally a Classic army M15 with a PDI patriot style up kit, and custom built super highcap magazine (replica of the real 40 round mags)

Full metal, the only plastic part externally is the pistol grip. :)

Edited by matt bond
Scope, problem with that is that the bolt release can be easily brushed up against and disengage (bolt goes forward), then you have a weapon with a live round in the chamber. I'd just leave it closed, then check every time. Seems safer

Dont worry I just keep the bolt open when the rifle is unloaded. Loaded, its round chambered, safety on. But still, the bolt release is pretty stiff on his XM. You really have to give it a good wack. Of course he never lubes the damn thing. He's had it for like 20 years and I've never seen him clean or lube it. Even though its just been used to shoot beer cans for its whole life I still think its funny because of what everyone thinks they know about the AR and its reliability. Then again its never had those *suitcasey* US military cartridges go through it.

I've just finished a video of all the pictures in this thread so far, with the title of the owner above, set to some appropriate music. It's 28MB.

Does anybody want me to upload it, or could you even offer a decent place to host the thing? :) It's about 4 mins 30.

Sounds good

If you aint found hosting yet, I've got a webserver you can use so send it my way when its done.