Armalite Pictures

57825443-O.jpg

Modified to match the real thing as close as possible by using real KAC RIS, gas tube, handguard cap, PRI scope mount, rear sight, Surefire flashlight. Replica parts are composed of Marui, Guarder, G&G, Systema, KM, Prometheus, G&P, King Arms, Hurricane.

Next phase is to paint the whole gun OD and "secret tan."

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice, especially loving that PRI mount & RIS - very Navy Seals. One quarrel I do have with it, and I presume you are trying to achieve a CQBR, is that the barrel is too short. You need to have a 15mm-16mm piece of barrel between the foresight and flash hider washer.

This will sort it: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...cat_Attachments for AEGs

p.s. who makes the receiver and foresight?

Thanks! Yup, that is correct TommyG, the tiny little extension is just the part I've been looking for. I will have to make a trade with my 1 inch extension that came with the short barrel to make the cqbr as close as possible.

The receiver's by Hurricane. It's the latest generation with really deep engraved trademarks. The front sight is by Marui. I had to drill deep into it so I can insert a real gas tube. The rear sight is a real gun sight. I had to trim it to get the LMT look. Sparks were flying when I was cutting the metal piece by the knob. I think it was steel or some really high density aluminum. I have been struggling to get the real LMT sight for the last 2 weeks, but I won't quit until I get it for cheap.

lol its crazy, i need a good crane stock for my M4, im tired of the PEQ2, is the CA crane stock any good?

I really love that vltor style stock that can house a battery, but can anyone show me what battery fits into that stock? I can only find batterys that are for the STAR style crane stock, and not the vltor one.

Edited by Milla
Whats the biggest battery that will fit into that stock

http://www.wargameyau.net/attachments/VLTO...Qr0KMCB4l0n.jpg

^ that stock. I know the crane stock can hold like a 9.6v 3000 mah, what about this one. Also who makes that one STAR?

That's got to be realsteel.

There are two models of carbine length Vltor modstock, the standard (seen above) and the clubfoot. The difference is basically the shape of the bottom of the end and the design of the release lever.

Guarder makes a copy of the standard version as seen here. It's basically a 1:1 copy of the real one and it's not designed to hold a battery (aside from the usual spare battery storage capability). Like the real one, you could modify it to hold a custom pack based on 2/3A cells if you were so inclined. They sell it by itself and as a complete kit with stock tube and all that.

Star makes a clubfoot version as seen here. It's oversized (too long) but it does hold a battery (specifically one built with A cells). They sell it by itself and as a complete kit with stock tube and such and a 9.6v 1700mAh battery included.

There may be more out there, these are just the one's I know about.

Myself, I want a realistically proportioned Clubfoot version that can hold a battery. I'm thinking I'll convert a real one (they're only around $100) if the madbull 470 doesn't come out soon (which will kill the need for me to have a battery in my M4).

Note that the airsoft Crane stocks that fit sub C based packs (like 3000+ mAh ones) are rather oversized compared to the real deal. Both the real Vltor and Crane/LMT SOPMOD stocks are designed to fit A cell diameter batteries in their tubes (like spare CR123As for Surefires and the like). Sub C cells are much larger diameter so replicas like the Prime are a bit bloated. The G&P version is the most realistic one I'm aware of and it fits A cell based battery configs.

Edited by staticzero

Than how would YOU convert it to hold a battery?

I really want a vltor style clubfoot stock. I might not even worry about the peq 2 and just keep it and go with the Guarder vltor.

Edit: so basically for a real vltor modstock i just slide it on over the CA's stock pipe?

http://shop.bhigear.com/index.asp?PageActi...rodID=1081&HS=1

Or do you need to get the combo kit with the pipe?

Edited by Milla

Oh I thought you just wanted to know what modifications are needed to fit it on the gun (nothing at all). You just need the stock itself, it will fit the CA stock tube fine.

I don't know how I'd mod it to hold a battery, I haven't done it yet. I gave it a cursory look and I have an idea what I might do though. Give me a minute and I'll come back with a pic to help illustrate it.

Edited by staticzero

Yeah that was my question (how the vltor fits the CA stock pipe, so no mods are required, all thats needed is the stock which i linked you too and it will directly go right on, ok cool i might be getting that than lol.) But yeah im also curious about how you might mod it to hold a battery.

They are all airsoft. I've played with these guys before...

(NOT mine. How I wish...)

Trying to find a picture of how their batteries are stored...

Have to access sites through a proxy, as I'm in school. Argh, so slow. I'll post it when I get home :P

They are all airsoft. I've played with these guys before...

(NOT mine. How I wish...)

Trying to find a picture of how their batteries are stored...

Have to access sites through a proxy, as I'm in school. Argh, so slow. I'll post it when I get home :P

Thanks man, i would really like to know where the batteries go with that vltor stock on and not a peq 2 unit.

Static to clear up what was said before i might of confused you, but the REAL vltor modstock fits the CA buffer tube? I see on vltors website that if the buffer tube isnt the exact dimensions as the official military ones by colt than it will not fit.

I have a REAL one right here on my CA tube and it fits fine. It's not quite as tight as it is on my realsteel Vltor buffer tube (which is really tight) but it's just fine. It's not excessively loose or anything.

Edited by staticzero