H&K Picture Thread

Would you mind clarifying?  :unsure:

Please don't take offense, but it's a little ugly.

It's a monster of a USP, as in,the gun looks really cheap, and that you threw on an expensive slide.

The attempt at sanding the slide looks rushed, and dirty.

The gun isn't even clean, the ammo clip, and "P8" trade look very dirty.

I donno. I guess I'm a fan of ultra-clean looks, and not a weathered look you know? I'm the same kind of person who'd shiver at the sight of a sanded down AK reciever to look authentic.

Edited by Pietak
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please don't take offense, but it's a little ugly.

It's a monster of a USP, as in,the gun looks really cheap, and that you threw on an expensive slide.

The attempt at sanding the slide looks rushed, and dirty.

The gun isn't even clean, the ammo clip, and "P8" trade look very dirty.

I donno.  I guess I'm a fan of ultra-clean looks, and not a weathered look you know?  I'm the same kind of person who'd shiver at the sight of a sanded down AK reciever to look authentic.

I'm sorry you don't like it, but to each his own, hey? ;) I see what you mean, but I happen to like the weathered look. I'm in the process of cleaning up the p8 trademark and the slide, then I'm done.

USP with silvered metal slide.  ;)

DSC_2030.jpg

I tried sanding a Glock slide - it turned out sort of like this.... it took me ages to get it looking absolute cr@p.-

I had to throw it out cause it was just so bad....I`d suggest doing the same.... :(

Edited by donnie
I can't. The slide was too expensive and it's not made anymore.  :(  Maybe I'll get some pro to repaint it black or gunmetal grey...

what the hell suprised not many people like it, i actually like it, dont see many guns wit ha weathered look, keep it like it is. I personally think you USP looks great and different, a good weathered effect should be proud of that right there.

Jas

I would wet sand it with 600 waterproof......it will clear it up quite a bit. Then I would dry sand with 1200 grit, dry it out, then get some polish and polish it up.

making your gun "your own" is a fun thing to do.....making sure you do it right is the hard part.

I like the painting itself, but it just doesn't look right on a gun in my opinion. However, like many people are saying, it's nice to see something different, and I applaud you for that.

Edit. >>referring to blazevich's UMG

Edited by systema

Well heck I kind of like that weathering you have going on there, it looks like it has seen it's fair share of battle time and adds character to it. I would be tempted to keep it that way, perhaps clean it up a bit. It makes for great photos thats for sure.