Aug Picture Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course we recommend AUG. We own them

Get the CA AUG A1. The optics on it are all you'll ever need for airsofting, and if you want to you can get a TM SR receiver and add a scope later. I have used both (and owned both) and I think the CA version is better than the TM A1 was. Much. And it's 100% compatible with my TM mags and TM barrels and TM receivers. So bonus!

The G36 is what I'd get if AUG wasn't available. Or if I wanted another AEG. But AUG is much more versatile. I miss the AG36 though, it's better than the M203 I have to use on the AUG to kepe my accurate replica policy alive. Although the AG36 just wouldn't work on the Adaptor I'm using with my AUG-M203, it would be too far back and too low to make the pistol grip of the AG36 useful.

Get the CA AUG A1. The optics on it are all you'll ever need for airsofting.

second that.

though I love the G36, the CA AUG A1 scope is way better than the G36 scope. you gotta compare it for yourself to see the difference.

after I finish my G36 project, Ill get an AUG and Phantom Kit for sure.

but the G36 is easier to disassemble. :D

I dont like that config, but you can put there whatever you want. :)

I think the rail is homemade.

Our survey says. X (Sorry, couldn't figure out how to write down the Family Fortunes noise)

The G36 is in no way easier to take apart than the AUG. I can strip it into the 3 main parts in 10 seconds, and go from having a tiny AUG Para/Commando to having an AUG H-Bar with Special Receiver and 3-9 variable zoom scope in less than 30. Admittedly, taking the gearbox out is a bit of a pain, but other than that it's fine.

It's mounted using the Nitro.Vo AUG Side Rail as seen here and then the light is mounted using its own mount. Basically, the Nitro.Vo rail gives you a short section of 20mm rail, what you mount on it is up to you (It's not long enough for an M203, so don't try! :blink: )

The side rail comes on and off very easily with just a couple of hex-head screws and it grips the receiver section under the scope/scope mount. Due to my model of light having a push-button on the end-cap, I have it positioned perfectly to push it with my trigger or second finger. I can dazzle someone and shoot them at the same time, which has come in handy once or twice. :D

Whatever scope you want to use on your Special Receiver is fine - just pick one you like and think looks good. In the pic you linked to, you can see my red/green dot sight, it's nothing posh or pricey, but looks the part I feel. And it works. Which always helps.

The G36 is in no way easier to take apart than the AUG. I can strip it into the 3 main parts in 10 seconds, and go from having a tiny AUG Para/Commando to having an AUG H-Bar with Special Receiver and 3-9 variable zoom scope in less than 30. Admittedly, taking the gearbox out is a bit of a pain, but other than that it's fine.
yeah, youre right. I meant mostly the gearbox.

It's mounted using the Nitro.Vo AUG Side Rail as seen here.
now I know that too. :)

I'll look for one but it fits onto the front support for the scope/rail, i.e. just below the objective lens of the scope.

it extends sideways to the right and when in place the torch is just right of and below the scope.

I'll look for the pics when I get a minute.

Stunt

*Edit* there in a drawing of it on this webbo.

http://www.lagger-pro.com/acctl.htm

Edited by amateurstuntman

Seems like an expensive alternative to the Nitro.Vo rail I previously mentioned, with no advantage over it. Not for airsoft, anyway.

I like the look of my side rail-mounted light, even if it's not strictly real-steel, it's the sort of thing that ought to be.

Putting a full-length rail on that side of the AUG receiver would have been better than the ugly abortion that calls itself the AUG A3.....

In fact, just about every rail option for the AUG (airsoft or otherwise) makes a better sight to behold than the real steel A3. The lines and beauty of the AUG are just gone in the A3 design....

I like the real steel one but just because it is real steel.

I also like the real steel AUG A3, Reason?

It is not just the rails that are new. The bonk rails can be put on and AUG A1 or A2 but the A3 has a bolt holding open device that holds the bolt open after the last round has been fired which cannot be retro fitted, the old barrel and receiver groups can however be fitted to the A3 making it still sexy and giving it more functionality.

I like.

Back on topic though.

AUGEO.jpg

Stunt

Edited by amateurstuntman

My new CA AUG performed flawlessly at Spectre last weekend. Although I am somewhat annoyed that the metal feed nozzle from my TM AUG won't fit the CA AUG - it's too big. Won't be a problem until the plastic CA nozzle starts getting warped by all the mag changes...

Oh, and I also found the safety catch was too soft on the CA AUG, so I swapped it with the one out of my TM AUG, and now it's nice and crisp like the TM one (because it *IS* the TM one) The CA safety catch in the TM AUG body is still soft and prone to moving when you don't mean it to, so the fault lies with the catch itself. With the TM catch, you have to really MEAN it move it, it won't just wander around by itself.

Edited by Hedganian

Is the CA AUG A2 even out yet?

Get the CA AUG A1 and then think about getting the A2 receiver if you need it. I guarantee that you don't. There isn't a need to change the scope on the AUG - the CA's A1 scope is more than adequate for airsofting use. Using another scope won't give you any advantage and just costs more money.

The CA A2 is out already.

Personally I prefer to have an RDS over the 1.5x scope. I could have waited for the CA AUG to come out but I didn't want to have the scope. Having tried one out I'm glad I went for the TM A2. I like to have versatility and the scope just wasn't right for me.