2011 Picture Thread

That is a very businesslike gun; I like it a lot! Do Springfield Armoury actually make 2011 slides?

With real-steel 1911 and 2011s, the slides are functionally interchangeable. It's theoretically possible that if you sent Springfield Armory an STI or Infinity frame and asked them to build you an Operator slide for it they would, but you should expect to fork over quite the mountain of cash for the privilege.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nova kits

My first ever 2011, Nova kit

Zombie member post...Nova Staccato XC RMR kit Never mind the mismatched branding grip....there was a dead gun that donated its parts to it....see build thread in the tech section lol

Posted Images

Nah, I didn't pay attention to that kit :P no trades on the slide, they're on the underside of the frame, being all black the slide flutes don't show too well but the cuts on the top of the slide go all the way through,

Creation slide and frame,

SDblack barrell, grip and magwell,

unkown black guide rod and plug,

TM the rest.

• 2 months later...

Attaches to the trigger and pushes the trigger mech to release the hammer or something, maybe the seers?... Honestly I've got no idea to be honest.. I know how to take it all apart and put it back together but either I can't remember what it does or I really just don't know! Haha sorry fella!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Attaches to the trigger and pushes the trigger mech to release the hammer or something, maybe the seers?... Honestly I've got no idea to be honest.. I know how to take it all apart and put it back together but either I can't remember what it does or I really just don't know! Haha sorry fella!

Thanks again. ^.^

You can use the 150% recoil spring without problems on the stock slide. I used to, but then again it is rather cold hereabouts så gas pressure was never that high.

As for internal parts breaking- well if you leave it more or less stock, it will work and work and work. I have only ever had the nozzles break on two hi-capas, but that was after installing a lot of upgrades!

If you want a little more range+power you can install new hop rubber and a TBB, this won't affect other internals.

What are you trying to achieve with the 150% spring?

What gas are you using?

Plastic slide used with green gas in medium or hot climates, will eventually (stress, eventually) break the slide.  The weak point on the 5.1 is near the rear sight, where there is quite a large cut-out to accommodate the sight.

Performance-wise, very little difference between 5.1 and 4.3.  Only different factor really is the slightly shorter barrel.  In theory perhaps marginally less accurate and few fewer fps, but I've never really seen a difference.

You can use the 150% recoil spring without problems on the stock slide. I used to, but then again it is rather cold hereabouts så gas pressure was never that high.

As for internal parts breaking- well if you leave it more or less stock, it will work and work and work. I have only ever had the nozzles break on two hi-capas, but that was after installing a lot of upgrades!

If you want a little more range+power you can install new hop rubber and a TBB, this won't affect other internals.

thanks!

What are you trying to achieve with the 150% spring?

What gas are you using?

Plastic slide used with green gas in medium or hot climates, will eventually (stress, eventually) break the slide.  The weak point on the 5.1 is near the rear sight, where there is quite a large cut-out to accommodate the sight.

Performance-wise, very little difference between 5.1 and 4.3.  Only different factor really is the slightly shorter barrel.  In theory perhaps marginally less accurate and few fewer fps, but I've never really seen a difference.

I'm wondering if a 150% spring will give the hi-capa a better/harder kick.

I use propane in 65-90 degrees F.

I'm trying to decide between hi-capas 5.1 vs 4.3 vs TM HK45.

I like the look of the 4.3; the 5.1 doesn't quite tickle my fancy.

By the way Mims, your custom 2011s are super sweet.

About 1.5 mags on guarder black gas with mine..

Upgrades as follows:

Guarder 150% recoil spring

Guarder 150% trigger spring

AS 120% nozzle spring

Nineball dynapiston head

Nineball hop rubber

PDI 6.01 TB barrel

Nineball gas router

Gas router shim

No hi flow valves in mine. I have been considering it but with 6 magazines that would need a new valve it gets kinda expensive!

Can't do that! Then I'll have some mags running hotter than others! It'll mess with the fps/hop/consistency like I'm in crazy town! I'll eventually stump up the funds to get the lot in one go from china maybe but for now I don't think I need them!

STIExecutive002.jpg

Limcat034.jpg

Limcat006.jpg

wow I love that STI Executive.  Thanks for sharing!

Do you know if real steel 1911 sights fit the 2011?  I'd like to get a HiViz or TruGlow 1911 front sight.

Do rear fiber optic sights help you aim better?

And do you have any opinion about using green gas in stock Maruis?  My local airsoft shop says it's perfectly fine, yet I'm digging up a lot of info about the rear of the gun blowing off due to the recoil.

I'd like to keep my Marui stock for at least 2-3 yrs

I'm afraid I don't know about r.s. front sights.  Surely someone else will chime in.

Personally, I like the front and rear fiber optic.  Particularly in lower light conditions.  Helps you pick out the rear from the gloom.

There's a great deal written on this forum and others about green gas in TMs.  I've read a lot of posts.  My summary of them is this: most TMs will work well for a while on green.  Some TM models are more prone to break than others, particularly the last four or five models to be released that have a re-engineered, larger loading nozzle (and hence gas capacity).  The hi-capa is not one of these.  However, any TM run on green will break eventually.  It seems to be a question of luck how soon (or not) this happens.  With the hi-capa in particular, the rear of the slide in the area of that large cut-out for the rear sight, is a weak spot.  As I say, this is not my personal experience, and many people will be able to provide anecdotal material that contradicts some of this.  It is a kind of averaging out of many reports I've read over the years.  Ultimately, it boils down to this: TMs are engineered to run on duster.  Because TM over-engineer their pistols, it's possible to run green, but you're pushing the parameters.  If TM engineered their pistols to run on green, you could probably run CO2 in them!

I'm afraid I don't know about r.s. front sights.  Surely someone else will chime in.

Personally, I like the front and rear fiber optic.  Particularly in lower light conditions.  Helps you pick out the rear from the gloom.

There's a great deal written on this forum and others about green gas in TMs.  I've read a lot of posts.  My summary of them is this: most TMs will work well for a while on green.  Some TM models are more prone to break than others, particularly the last four or five models to be released that have a re-engineered, larger loading nozzle (and hence gas capacity).  The hi-capa is not one of these.  However, any TM run on green will break eventually.  It seems to be a question of luck how soon (or not) this happens.  With the hi-capa in particular, the rear of the slide in the area of that large cut-out for the rear sight, is a weak spot.  As I say, this is not my personal experience, and many people will be able to provide anecdotal material that contradicts some of this.  It is a kind of averaging out of many reports I've read over the years.  Ultimately, it boils down to this: TMs are engineered to run on duster.  Because TM over-engineer their pistols, it's possible to run green, but you're pushing the parameters.  If TM engineered their pistols to run on green, you could probably run CO2 in them!

Your input is much appreciated.  Thanks!