• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of my curiosity, where do you get those plastic pistol grips? I'm tempted to make my own with a standard TM, but it won't be accurate. Also, I'm not inclined to spend $400 or so for that AKMS kit that really isn't anything. Santa, your guns are so awesome that they tempt me to blow $2000 or so on 2 guns.

Edited by thegunrunner
Just out of my curiosity, where do you get those plastic pistol grips? I'm tempted to make my own with a standard TM, but it won't be accurate. Also, I'm not inclined to spend $400 or so for that AKMS kit that really isn't anything. Santa, your guns are so awesome that they tempt me to blow $2000 or so on 2 guns.

:blush:

the pistol grip is from a old smokeys akm, try write to guarder and ask if you can buy a lose grip.

7a1610f3.jpg

Here is my CIA Special Activities Division Romanian AK47 (technically an AIMS). A bunch of these rifles were sold to Afghan Rebels during the Russian-Afghan war by the US (the US wanted to hide its activities in the region by buying weapons from countries like Romania where it would be hard to link them back to the US). They have been floating around Afghanistan ever since and were later picked up by CIA officers during Operation Enduring Freedom:

cia.gif

My brother and I stated this project before Guarder made the correct stamped receiver with a flat back for it, so about 60% of the parts on this replica are from a real AIMS rifle.

You can definetly make it out of bondo and a standard AK pistol grip. For the checkering effect, mush a real pistol grip with the bondo while its drying.

Also, the GP30 on my AK is too far forward. However, it's the farthest back I can get it due to the longer foregrip and still stock AK outer barrel.

Silent Scope: Very nice AK!!!

Better picture:

DSCF3557.jpg

I dont know why but the first one posted came out darker than I remember it being in photoshop.

So anyways, thanks for the comments. Id always hated the way AKs look and feel, but the second I saw one in the hands of a CIA officer it was the most beautiful thing ever and I had to have one :D

Edited by SilentScope
So anyways, thanks for the comments. Id always hated the way AKs look and feel, but the second I saw one in the hands of a CIA officer it was the most beautiful thing ever and I had to have one :D

I know what you mean man, I've been thinking about a SAD loadout a lot myself recently.

Edited by HeuteGegangen
Thats a pretty average price for a hamburger, those italians sound enticing though. 

$15.00 for a Smokey's piece? I don't know what you're complaining about.

Some of my friends called me an idiot when I walked out of the Guarder place holding it. It's interesting out here. An entry level engineer (working at electronics factory) makes less money than my friend who works at a Costco in the states pushing shopping carts.

well here is a AiMS-74

aims74.jpg

ill post better pics later...

**** man, i am making this same gun now, with the same lite tint wood and a black pistol grip, realsteal stock and body, i am almost done. All i have to do now is make the large barrel clip, and get a sling.

I started this to make the same gun as the guy had in the LA *i think* robbery's.

Any way man, great gun looks good.

how many parts are real on it?

cheers

- pete

**** man, i am making this same gun now, with the same lite tint wood and a black pistol grip, realsteal stock and body, i am almost done. All i have to do now is make the large barrel clip, and get a sling.

I started this to make the same gun as the guy had in the LA *i think* robbery's.

Any way man, great gun looks good.

how many parts are real on it?

cheers

- pete

Thanks!

The only real parts are the uper(polish) and lower(romaninan) foregrip

Stuff i have left is ribbed cover and new selector switch and metalbody.

Hope to see your AIMS soon then :)

-DS-

Edited by DirtySanta

Welll. you guys may go OMG at mine...

it started life as an AK47S ..and now it is an AK something.. :|

finishedAK.jpg

Hands up who can guess what is there...