• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that those wer prototype grips and that they decided to go back to wood. Try making some out of plastic ak grips. I made mine kind of like that out of me cheapo plastic gear boxed ak. I would post pics but after I took pics I realized how completely awefull the rest of the ak looks.

hERES THE src 24 CT GOLD ak

It comes in a STAR molded case - the finish is fantastic

I feel like growing a mustache.  :D

akaug.jpg

gold_ak_001.jpg

Whoa... come to think of it, the real thing found in Saddam's belongings was a carbine, with its front sight attached to the gas block. Since you've already bought that unholy thing, you might as well make those alterations :)

It could use a stamped receiver... but the detail that would serve it best would be to engrave those arabic inscriptions, together with the proper medallion, into the handgrip, just like on the real piece. I think you really, really should do that :)

Whoa... come to think of it, the real thing found in Saddam's belongings was a carbine, with its front sight attached to the gas block. Since you've already bought that unholy thing, you might as well make those alterations :)

It could use a stamped receiver... but the detail that would serve it best would be to engrave those arabic inscriptions, together with the proper medallion, into the handgrip, just like on the real piece. I think you really, really should do that :)

I bought a Iraq holy war medal - its gold plated with some coloured paint - Its not the same one used by Saddam but the closest I could find. Would look good on the lower front grip.

Im considering getting the inscriptions but havent looked into it too much yet.

Will let you know if I get anywher ewith this....

New Cyma AK, getting an adapter for the charger on thursday...220v charger, with 110v outlets in Canada :(

Tried to fire a few shots with the juice left in the battery (stock) and it seemed to fire, but no bbs shot out. Hopefully it works when fully charged (it fired a few times then died...guess it has to be charged :P )

2741130390073832310TaOXne_ph.jpg

Cymas are teh secks. How solid does the wood stock feel?

It is not the strongest looking stock but, drop it, kick it, lean on it, nope didn't break.

I just went out and shot a few hundred rounds and I am VERY impressed. Poor mans chrono put here at 290FPS and at a ROF of about 700 with a standard 8.4v battery. Note that the stock can't hold a standard large battery without some dremeling on the stock and a rewire job. It has a mini connector in the stock. This weekend I'm going to rewire it with some highgrade 16AWG wiring and a large connector in the stock. With the high quality wiring it should be blasting out 800rpms. The hop-up is very responsive and accurate. The mags that I bought for $7 a piece feed perfectly on auto. I didn't try the stock hicap because I don't want to burn through my KSC BB supply and have to dip into my Excel BIO's. Well with about a hour's worth of work and about $10 this baby can kick a stock Marui's butt from here to Japan. It was well worth the $110.
I think that's a real Bulgarian AK as the grip is a bit too thin to work with the motor. Nice gun though.

30 minutes of dremel fixed everything :)

Placement of the M203. (And the accompanying mounting brackets.) x.x

Other than that it's fine.

Although a GP30 would be a better choice for a GL.

Haha

Well, those are probably the last, or at least some of the last potos of my AKMSN... it's found a new owner and will be shipped on monday. The last little detail I added was the side rail and the scope mount, but the choice of scope will be up to the new owner.

dsc0103dl6.jpg

dsc0101ni1.jpg

I've put a lot of elbow grease and pleaty of emotion into it, but, oh well... It's time for another project, as I've always wanted an M96 Beryl, which will hopefully stay with me permanently... or until our army switches over to something else ;)