• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camera phone apologies as usual...

My Spetz has grown a bit thanks to the KA AK74 style grips, they were only $39 and they are pretty well made and look pretty nice. Just got to get the stock and a different flash hider to complete my poor mans AK74 (we just won't mention the reciever or the gas block)

Edited by Sgt Craig

Some new pics of my Guarder AKS-74U with the following:

Guarder AKSU steel kit

Guarder steel bolt carrier

Real-steel bakelite magazine converted to take G&P midcap internals

Real-steel mag catch and mag catch spring, mated to a blued Marui steel trigger guard with a real-steel mag catch pin.

aksu_02.JPG

aksu_03.JPG

aksu_04.JPG

Got a question here.

The stock on my Ak has cracked where it joins the reciever, right now its being held there with 400mph tape but I need a replacement for it before the end of the summer.

I was looking at The King Arms AKM stock set and was wondering what the quality of King arms stuff was like, and if this set was worth it or there was a better set.

Here is my collection, still stock...Not quite sure what I want to do yet with it.

Im thinking a GP-30... or a site mount with a reflex site on it, and a cool silencer...Still not sure though.

selling015.jpg

Still really nice though, I outrange most people playing, and have better accuracy than most using .25's. Totally better than my previous ICS m4...

Simon

I think of just waiting until x-mas though, because the GP-30 is 230$ I dont have, but my parents do :D lol

SO ya, I think Im going to find a good rail set, and put a PBS(?) silencer on it if I can find one. (Or force Led to make another one :D ) lol...

Does anyone know where to get a site mount that is put on right near the rear site? I dont want a site that sits above the trigger/beginning of the dust cover...So any suggestions?

Simon

I think of just waiting until x-mas though, because the GP-30 is 230$ I dont have, but my parents do :D lol

I thought the new Classic Army GP-30 was about $40-$50 less then that, or I might bot be including shipping cost ect..

Back on topic

Does anyone know of a good stock set for an TM AK-47 be it wood or synthetic, I really need to replace my stock as it has cracked.

I'm currently looking at:

G&P AK Wood Kit

G&P Black Synthetic AKM Stock set

King Arms Black AKM stock set

anyone have any experience with any of these?

I understand that G&P is far from the best, but have never hear anything about KA

Edited by Vostok

Here's the result of my little weathering experiment:

dsc00036cb.jpg

First, a simple sandpaper job, then some cold gun blue applied with a brush. I think it's pretty convincing as overheated steel - check out the gas block...

Well, it's just an experiment, though, somewhat overdone, too. The gun will undergo a conversion to an AKMS soon (AKMs were no longer blued like AKs, most were painted, it seems), as soon as the remaining real steel parts arrive (furniture, receiver cover, muzzle flip compensator...). The real front sight post is there in the shot already :)