Western Arms M4 CQB-R

Today, we have send another set of Bolt stop to you. This is the production version which is much better than the trail version that I sent to you previously. It will less damage to the bolt system.

RA-TECH

Johnny

------

I would get back to you when I get the other bolt stop and compare.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally I'd wait for a reputable retailer to start carrying these MTWs. All we've been shown so far is a host of pretty pictures - and not one hands-on review. The last reports from a third party source were from the Taipei Hooha Show and frankly they weren't impressive. Preorders had been promised one thing and during the show were shown protoypes using completely different materials. ROF with green gas was reportedly in the mid-300rpm range which is less than half the ROF of the real rifle. The heavily advertised CO2 capability was never demonstrated since they had been using WA mags. Not to mention that they don't include a mag with your MTW? Hopefully they adjust the price to compensate for this serious shortcoming.

PS - I agree about the banter which is why this will be the last I post regarding that.

With respect, theres a lot of speculation regarding something that hasn't been officially released yet.

Lets see if it doesn't come with CO2, considering thats how it was advertised, and without a mag, and with a poor ROF.

If Inokatsu did put out a rifle that is actually worse than the WA, then fine, noone will buy it and they'll lose a massive market share, not to mention the fact that if they come back at a later date with a better product noone will trust it.....

So what I'm trying to say is, if any of your statements came to pass, it'd be bad business.....and noone is in this for the fun of it! :)

eek...i hope the one i get from them is their "newer" batch! (talking about the ra-tech bolt stop)

You probably would since I ordered mine at the very first.. I already asked for it before they made it.

On another note... Consider getting a hammer with a bearing on the tip since this would let the bolt glide easier over the hammer.

Edited by IBICO
Yeah I'm always eager to swap notes with other WA M4 owners. There's not many of us out there who've been brave/stupid enough to tinker with this bad boy. I just have to make some time to stop by AEX. Got quite a few parts for my WA and have messed with a few configurations. I may order the ZEKE receiver just to be different... but I'm still holding off in case the G&P ones turn out ok. Anyone have hands-on experience with any metal receivers yet?

Let me know how the install goes guys. I'd like to know how durable and if there is a difference in performance with those parts. I'm thinking of getting a cnc bolt also. I'm going to check out the PGC hop-up unit and play around with the AEG barrels. As for MBK's cant wait till we start stocking them. I really want to try one out =)

I've added everything G&P makes for the WA M4 ( steel sear, bearing set, hammer set and valve locks ) aside from the external parts to replace all the worn parts.

By the way are you and Neubine SoCal or NorCal... I saw the mention of AEX and just wanted to know?

Edited by AEXTech

Ibico - Nice setup... it's something similar to my set up but im just missing the MP Miad grip. Curious to what else your setting up?

My final setup would be :

MP DE CTR Stock - Done

MP MSS + Loop

MP DE Miad set

LaRue 12" Rail System

Rico Alpha 9 Tactical Light - Done

Troy Battle Sights M4

Aimpoint M4S

LaRue Low Profile Gas Block - Done

MP DE Textured rail covers - Done

On another note... Consider getting a hammer with a bearing on the tip since this would let the bolt glide easier over the hammer.

Well i'm still looking/waiting for the hammer with the bearing on it. i'm also planning another set up with the pgc hop-up kit too.

Edited by shinhk
Ibico - Nice setup... it's something similar to my set up but im just missing the MP Miad grip. Curious to what else your setting up?

My final setup would be :

MP DE CTR Stock - Done

MP MSS + Loop

MP DE Miad set

LaRue 12" Rail System

Rico Alpha 9 Tactical Light - Done

Troy Battle Sights M4

Aimpoint M4S

LaRue Low Profile Gas Block - Done

MP DE Textured rail covers - Done

Tnx :P

My setup would be:

-Samson MRFS-CX rail

-GG&G Gasblock flipup

-XTM Rail Panel in maybe both FDE, OD and other in a mix.. liked it a lot.

-Eotech style 4x magnifier w/ push button FTS mount (mostly for testing if I like it)

-Magpul CTR stock in FDE

-I might also put on the Star S-lap on it.. not sure yet.

-M4 lenght either PDI 6.01 or Ra-tech 6.03 with silencer to cover the inner

-Have Ra-tech make an Ambi-selector for me

-Maybe have a Ambi mag-release

Setup is for a semi sniper with 450fps and semi only (our rules need it to be semi when 450fps)

15y53a.jpg

Edited by IBICO
Tnx :P

My setup would be:

-Samson MRFS-CX rail

-GG&G Gasblock flipup

-XTM Rail Panel in maybe both FDE, OD and other in a mix.. liked it a lot.

-Eotech style 4x magnifier w/ push button FTS mount (mostly for testing if I like it)

-Magpul CTR stock in FDE

-I might also put on the Star S-lap on it.. not sure yet.

-M4 lenght either PDI 6.01 or Ra-tech 6.03 with silencer to cover the inner

-Have Ra-tech make an Ambi-selector for me

-Maybe have a Ambi mag-release

Setup is for a semi sniper with 450fps and semi only (our rules need it to be semi when 450fps)

15y53a.jpg

Simply.... BEAUTIFUL.

I really like Eotech's too but im torn between the Eothech 551.A65/1 or AP CompM4S... the area that I participate in all use Eotechs and I fell like being a little different... lol

Have you tried the PDI precision barrels yet? How are they?

Simply.... BEAUTIFUL.

I really like Eotech's too but im torn between the Eothech 551.A65/1 or AP CompM4S... the area that I participate in all use Eotechs and I fell like being a little different... lol

Have you tried the PDI precision barrels yet? How are they?

:blush:

I am helping a fellow WA user in Norway changing to an M16 length PDI instead of the M4. So for that help he is giving me the PDI M4 length as payment :D

Going to test both when I get them. the RA-tech 6.03 is in the mail and should arrive in 1-2 week.

Having hard time finding a good silencer.. Need it to be just over the length that of the M4 barrel. since I have the Short type G&P front and not the CQB I have maybe an inch more barrel then the CQB.

Anyone know the length of the original inner barrel?

220ish or something like that. i measured close to 250 for the inner barrel to reach out to be flush with the outer barrel that's why. When i get home i can find out how more you'd need since i have an m4 length pdi inner barrel and stock hop up set that hasnt' been installed yet.

With respect, theres a lot of speculation regarding something that hasn't been officially released yet.

Lets see if it doesn't come with CO2, considering thats how it was advertised, and without a mag, and with a poor ROF.

If Inokatsu did put out a rifle that is actually worse than the WA, then fine, noone will buy it and they'll lose a massive market share, not to mention the fact that if they come back at a later date with a better product noone will trust it.....

So what I'm trying to say is, if any of your statements came to pass, it'd be bad business.....and noone is in this for the fun of it! :)

This isn't speculation. This is from people who were there at the Hooha Show. Don't get me wrong I have faith that the final product will turn out better than the ones demo'd.

So i'm waiting for the first person to get their inokatsu and post their in depth review, i bet there's gonna be a WA vs Inokatsu Rivalry.

Well unless someone who already has a western arms m4 buys one and does the review, it won't be something comparable. I'm sure inokatsu will release a great product but i'm still hesitant to say it will be "better" than WA's one until someone can make that type of review. Hmm...if it's cheap enough maybe i'll end up buying one just to check it out. Though my current wam4 configuration is almost complete to run reliably, it wouldn't hurt to try out a gun that claims it can be reliably run on co2 and run it on green instead. But as far as my wam4 is concerned... i still think it's the best airsoft project i've had to date. Most realistic and i don't feel bad putting a $400 scope on it because it's closer to a real gun than any other airsoft gun out there. i mean c'mon...why do we buy airsoft to begin with? Because it looks and feels like the real thing! I'm not a spray and pray man either so this gun suits me. And i live in hawaii...so we got some nice weather to work with here all year round ;)

:blush:

I am helping a fellow WA user in Norway changing to an M16 length PDI instead of the M4. So for that help he is giving me the PDI M4 length as payment :D

Going to test both when I get them. the RA-tech 6.03 is in the mail and should arrive in 1-2 week.

Is it possible you could report back what the result of the M16 length PDI barrel is when it's done? :D

So they raised the price due to demand (hyped up) and they're no longer saying it's co2 compatible? Basically it's a $730 gamble whether it will be better than the wa or not. Those who bought the western arms one. I could care less if everything was made out of metal and looked and felt like the best gun in the world if it isn't reliable. They posted flyers with prices on them and if they change any of those prices they're a bunch of *fruit pies*! The mtw isn't a "better" system over the wam4. The wam4 was built around 134a and not really meant to be a skirmish piece. The mtw on the other hand is built around green and meant to skirmish which obviously will need more reinforced parts. At least i know if i buy a wam4 and use just 134a...it works. The reinforced parts i'm buying to upgrade the gun to fire using green is being put on a gun...that works. I too was once hyped up about the inokatsu one as well... but when rumors started flying around about quality, when "high quality marketing" pics showed up instead of close up pics of parts, when parts are seen just thrown in a box, when delays are made, when prices are raised, when no mag is released with the gn, when it's no longer co2 (as advertised), when an ugly *albatross* walkman logo is put to make the box flashy...kind of made me lose interest in it.

Still, would be great if a manufacturer chanced the risk of litigation to produce more affordable mags...

They're not even releasing the gun with a mag...and no one knows how much the price for the co2 ones will be either.

------------------------------------------------------

There's a whole thread dedicated to the inokatsu release...but i'm ranting on this one because it's the western arms m4 review thread and quite honestly i'm sick and tired of people who DON'T have one complaining and whining saying "the wam4 am suckier, i'm gonna get the inokatsu one because it's am better than you person are think" (grammar incorrect on purpose). To those of you who said "i'm not going to spend $600 on a western arms"...are you willing to spend $830 (prob more) on an inokatsu? I appreciate wupjak creating this thread, and i bought this gun knowing that i'd probably have to upgrade parts/replace parts even if i used 134. This gun isn't meant for people who don't have supportable income ;)

Wow IBICO six mags? Must be nice. ;) lol

Hopefully someone comes out with a cheaper magazine. It really doesn't require too much to make a green gas capable magazine either. Oh and make them 30-rounders please.

hehe.. Yeah.. nice with mags ;)

Maybe later I would get 3 more.. hehe.

I have heard a guy called SAA who hangs out on the systema forum(run a store or something) and got some WA parts + lot of custom PTW parts for sale..

He said that cheaper WA mags are coming for sure.. So just a waiting game.

Edited by IBICO
I have heard a guy called SAA who hangs out on the systema forum(run a store or something) and got some WA parts + lot of custom PTW parts for sale..

He said that cheaper WA mags are coming for sure.. So just a waiting game.

Can you post a link for us? I heard some things (nothing 100% reliable) so I'd definitely like to see what other's have heard about this.