Western Arms M4 CQB-R

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha have a WAM4 Realsealing party! GBB nut was gonna meet me at AEX to compare parts. He got the new Prime Bolt and i got the prime Hop-Up. I already re-sealed mine. I found that the tube on the top of the mag becomes loose for some reason so I had to open mine to tighten it, and I resealed it. Putting the mag together isn't too hard.

Oh yeah if you want to sell me some mags I might be tempted to trade my Co2 greandes for them. ;)

Yeah I'm always eager to swap notes with other WA M4 owners. There's not many of us out there who've been brave/stupid enough to tinker with this bad boy. I just have to make some time to stop by AEX. Got quite a few parts for my WA and have messed with a few configurations. I may order the ZEKE receiver just to be different... but I'm still holding off in case the G&P ones turn out ok. Anyone have hands-on experience with any metal receivers yet?

I don't plan on spending money on anything that costs more than the project gun i'm working on. Seriously though...what's wrong with this plastic body? It's pretty well made and it's not cheap plastic either. The only reason i would get a metal body would to polish parts so the gun cycles smoother. But...until the plastic body breaks i'm keeping it this way.

I don't plan on spending money on anything that costs more than the project gun i'm working on. Seriously though...what's wrong with this plastic body? It's pretty well made and it's not cheap plastic either. The only reason i would get a metal body would to polish parts so the gun cycles smoother. But...until the plastic body breaks i'm keeping it this way.

+1

Very true I like the colt trades on the plastic body, only way I would upgrade is a body that I like and maybe because I messed mine up taking the buffer tube out... =P

If that kit was $500-600 i might have been tempted...

If you decide to take off the buffer tube I'll be glad to help you out.

buffer tube was really easy to take off. I just put the stock tube in a vise and heated it with some butane burner that I have at work.

Just needed to heat up a bit and just turn the body gently when I heated and suddenly it loosened.

I am also satisfied with my body. But I am talking to a user on the www.systema-europe.com forum that seems to do lot of custom parts for the Systema PTW, but also for the WA M4.

I have got some pictures of body, bolt stop, hammer and the other usual parts.

If I could have him make a custom body for me with my own engravings then I would be happy to spend 5-700$ for a body like that.

Edited by IBICO
Fair enough about the G&P bolt stop. Was just trying to shed some light onto it, looks like they really are quite badly made, which is a shame really.

Anyone tried out the RA-TECH bolt stop as of yet? What are they like?

Getting mine probably next week :D

I'm fluent in Chinese and I performed the translation myself. However, as you can see, I can't translate some of the proper nouns. I can only supply a translation of their nature but not of their exact meanings. I always put these in brackets. If anyone else have a clue, please fill in the missing pieces. My grammar is good, though.

If anyone want to have Chinese text translated, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

I can only guess, what [company] it's "Inokatsu" and [company 2] it's RedWolf. Because, photoes of BOX have only RedWolf. [show] it's show in Taipei.

Edited by rusTORK
Getting mine probably next week :D

Same here (hopefully). Before i install the g&p one, i'll take pictures of them side by side. I'll be putting both of them in after and we'll see which one holds up better to 134 and green gas usage. My stock one is sort of holding up right now but i'm using 134 and my mags are in the "no lock" position. I assume the ra-tech one would hold out longer but we'll see.

Sorry for the newb question. What does the valve lock do and where is it located?

As far as I could tell it is this what happens:

The hammer press the hammer pin and push the valve. the valve lock make the valve stay open until the bolt get`s back and push the valve lock down and release the valve again.

Edited by IBICO
I can only guess, what [company] it's "Inokatsu" and [company 2] it's RedWolf. Because, photoes of BOX have only RedWolf. [show] it's show in Taipei.

Inokastu from redwolf

----------------

Dear sir

Thank you for your email. According to our knowledge, Inokastu should

release them soon but we don't have estimate of time currently. Sorry about

that. Please kindly browsing our site for more update information. Thank you

Redwolf

---------------

Second.

*WA M4 2roy POM Cylinder

*WA M4 2roy CNC body set

-incude

Stock tube. recoil buffer

Trigger guard, steel valve knocker, valve knocker block

buffer stop. selector block

They are sale second bath.

main_img.jpg

Edited by lee1hy

shinhk - I think he's talking about the cut out under the outer barrel for the hopup dial. The MTW looks like it's got a circular hole drilled into it where the WA M4 has a cutout. Perhaps it's because it's just a prototype? Not sure why they would want to change from the dial to a hex key adjustment.

lee - Please don't try and threaten me over PMs. While I do find it humorous, it is rather childish. Oh and thanks for that friend request. Denied.

Cool, might try and order an MTW direct from inokatsu this month sometime, birthday is just around the corner :D

Guys, stop the childish banter. Its a forum, nothing more, nothing less. :rolleyes:

Personally I'd wait for a reputable retailer to start carrying these MTWs. All we've been shown so far is a host of pretty pictures - and not one hands-on review. The last reports from a third party source were from the Taipei Hooha Show and frankly they weren't impressive. Preorders had been promised one thing and during the show were shown protoypes using completely different materials. ROF with green gas was reportedly in the mid-300rpm range which is less than half the ROF of the real rifle. The heavily advertised CO2 capability was never demonstrated since they had been using WA mags. Not to mention that they don't include a mag with your MTW? Hopefully they adjust the price to compensate for this serious shortcoming.

PS - I agree about the banter which is why this will be the last I post regarding that.