Things that are beginning to annoying me

Tom Andrews

Electric cars are a good idea - power stations don't have to burn fossil fuels. zero-emission nuclear power stations are the way forward, combined with as many solar, wind and water generators as possible. In the meantime, it's more efficient to have the emission that would be coming from cars come from a power station - which will have scrubbers fitted to the chimneys and so on to capture the carbon dioxide, sulfur, and other chemicals, which can then be sold for use in other industries.

But they really need to be able to get more miles per charge out of them, and charge them faster. Or have hot-swap redundant batteries so you could pull in at a station, swap out one battery while the other powers the car and then keep going while the station charged up your old battery ready to give to someone else.

50 miles per charge, at 50 mph top speed and an 8-hour charge time, means you're not going very far, very fast, carrying very much, in your G-wizz...

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the major things that annoys me is when people have mucus and stuff in their nose and they don't bother to use a tissue. They just keep on snorting the snot back in. It is especially annoying when the surrounding environment is quiet, for example, during a test.

Just thought I would share that.

That annoyed me in college to no end.

The government giving people that EMA.

(It's like £30.00 a week, plus a bonus at the end of term, and all you have to do is turn up every day... You only get it if your household income is under a certain mark... DAMN YOU PARENTS!!)

Then half the college feels a strong compulsion, mainly emanating from their wallet or purse area, to come in every day religiously, even when in the grip of a strong cold, or flu.

Thus, not only do you get all the annoying sniffing, sneezing, and coughing, but you end up with whatever lurgy they had.

Ben.

I hate drivers. In general. Especially ones with dogs that think it's ok to park up on a double yellow line and let their dog relieve themselves, then get pissy with the marshal that tells them off and end up assaulting them. Guaran-*fruitcage*-tee i'm taking that ###### to court.

That annoyed me in college to no end.

The government giving people that EMA.

(It's like £30.00 a week, plus a bonus at the end of term, and all you have to do is turn up every day... You only get it if your household income is under a certain mark... DAMN YOU PARENTS!!)

Then half the college feels a strong compulsion, mainly emanating from their wallet or purse area, to come in every day religiously, even when in the grip of a strong cold, or flu.

Thus, not only do you get all the annoying sniffing, sneezing, and coughing, but you end up with whatever lurgy they had.

Ben.

I have to teach the little c*nts that come only for EMA. Their mum and dads basically see it as a way of supplementing their child benefits / job seeker's allowance / disability benefit (delete as appropriate for individual chav).

I know.

I went to the 6th Form attatched to my secondary school at first, and it was fine, because there was no EMA there, and everyone who was there wanted to learn...

When I swapped for my A2's to a seperate 6th Form where there was EMA, it was completely different.

It was like I took a step back into Year 8 or something. All the kids were babied - not treated like adults, as we were in my old 6th Form.

The lessons were noticeably dumbed-down, and the classes were almost unbearable; the kids didn't want to be there, constantly disrupted the classes, asked GCSE level questions about things, and generally made it known that they really were only there to get their £30.00.

The teachers weren't teaching to the full extent the syllabus allowed, as we covered so little ground in class, and hardly anyone bothered with their homework.

A complete waste of my time. If I'd wanted to do GCSE again, I'd have failed them the first time ;)

Ended up dropping out before I completed my A2's... Started at music university instead, and got accepted on merit, not on qualifications.

Ben.

BURN HIM!

:bleh:

Lol, no, seriously, it should be that either everyone gets it, or no-one does, and we scrap it altogether.

It was designed to keep kids in education longer, but it only ever goes to low-income families, and it doesn't take account of what benefits they might be claiming at the time... So much so that they are probably better off than most middle-class British families with the standard amount of debt (I.E. Me, who had to work nights while in college to keep myself afloat).

All this money the government is pouring into social welfare always ends up in the hands of the same families; some may need it, some might not, but I wouldn't mind some of it.

Ben.

I know exactly where you are coming from mate, it just makes me laugh that many environmentalists praise them as being the savior of our planet while not looking at the bigger picture.

Case in study:

Toyota Prius

Does 65.9mpg on the combined cycle, as opposed to the VW Polo Bluemotion (combined cycle 74.3mpg). so a purely petrol car is greener than a hybrid. but environmentalists don't seem to get that because "a hybrid's supposed to be cleaner!"

Worse still, electric cars generate more pollution during their manufacturing processes due to the toxic by-products involved in the manufacture of the batteries in them.

It then gets even better, the toyota produces 104g/km of carbon dioxide. The VW? 99g/km.

IF we want electric cars, we have to make them better. Throwing ###### like the Prius and the G-Whiz at the general public isn't going to help the green cause one bit, nor is assaulting the conscience of the general public going to help matters. Besides, most people who buy such cars are more concerned with making a political statement or their public image as opposed to really giving a hoot.

Biggest point of my post however, is in pointing out how environmentalists can blatently and conveniently ignore facts to champion something as a symbol of their green cause, while those really in the know laugh at them. I'm all for environmental awareness but being stupid and unfactual about it isn't the least bit useful.

On a different note:

Ben I'm guilty of making sniffing sounds, but im not sick, i just have a sinus problem, and I can't blow it and clear it because nothing actually comes out its all kinda stuck in the throat. Please don't burn me :|

Speaking of perfect attendance, I was at this college last fri and happened to read on their notice board about the college's head boy who has a 100% attendance record since year 6. It had this anecdote about how, when he was in year 7, he had a dislocated knee re-set by lying on some desks while his classmates held him down and had a rope tied to his leg on one end, with the other end tied to the classroom door, which was then "slammed shut humanely" by his form teacher. And all because he "didn't want to miss getting a 'present' mark for the afternoon session".

Now I dunno if he eligible for that 30 quid, but fook, if he does, he's sure earned it.

The lengths some people will go to avoid getting a part-time job...!

I, now, while at uni, refuse to have a job, on the grounds that if everyone else can live off their student loan, then I want one as well.

So far, all this means is I have less money for airsoft, and spend my nights in practicing, instead of out on the ######.

Not such a bad thing, but meh...

Ben.

You forgot the other kind of hard school, the kind I went to.

The teachers and prefects dislocate your limbs or rape you (sometimes both) if you miss a class.

Where you wore shorts until the end of your GCSE equivalents even if there was three feet of snow.

If you forgot to make your bed one morning, the next you would be up at 5 running up the mountain next to the school.

Brilliant.

Archived