AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to confirm that I didn't just make a horrible mistake ordering the wrong AEG...

The new full steel CYMA AKS-74UN (the CM045A) is a complete VFC clone in all respects like the D-Boys AKSU, right?

I ordered the CYMA rather than the D-Boys since I thought the CYMA would have better internals and shoot at a more reasonable FPS out of the box, but I do want to install some plum grips on it so I need to confirm that it is a full VFC clone (foregrip, pistol grip, etc.) and not a CA clone in the pistol grip department like their previous AKS-74UN was.

I recall a blurb in the news section a while back said the CM045A was a VFC clone unlike the previous model but I'm hoping for someone to be able to confirm this for me.

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=1541

Versus, I can handle those nasty AK's but why did you have to go and put tan parts on it? That makes it more like a modi-fagged Armalite.

That was for the most part, the intention. I wanted an AK, without having a Kalashnikov; if you get what I'm saying. Something that I can still call an AK, while still being as operator as possible.

I'm considering a nice Bg15 for it though, and possibly a new stock.

Just to confirm that I didn't just make a horrible mistake ordering the wrong AEG...

The new full steel CYMA AKS-74UN (the CM045A) is a complete VFC clone in all respects like the D-Boys AKSU, right?

I ordered the CYMA rather than the D-Boys since I thought the CYMA would have better internals and shoot at a more reasonable FPS out of the box, but I do want to install some plum grips on it so I need to confirm that it is a full VFC clone (foregrip, pistol grip, etc.) and not a CA clone in the pistol grip department like their previous AKS-74UN was.

I recall a blurb in the news section a while back said the CM045A was a VFC clone unlike the previous model but I'm hoping for someone to be able to confirm this for me.

It is. But you should have bought the RK01S.

Ahh, yup, I just got it in the mail yesterday and I can confirm the CYMA new full steel version AKS-74UN (CM.045A) is indeed a 100% VFC copy in it's build. All pins, no capitalist screws.

I was quite surprised by the external quality, but it has been a while since I've gotten up close and personal with anything made by CYMA ^_^

DSC00484.jpg

The mag does need a little varnish to give it a proper bakelite look and the bolt/receiver lack a serial number or factory marking, but other than that I'm quite pleased with it!

The wood is slightly better than usual for Chi-clones in terms of finish as well (although no where near as nice as the wood on CYMA's new AKM looks)---> http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/Ki...ne/DSC00478.jpg

Edited by Jin15

Indeed. I did a little research and found the following CYMA guns are full VFC style construction...

AKS-74UN [Polymer Handguard Version] (CM.045)

AKS-74UN [Real Wood Handguard Version] (CM.045A)

AKM (CM.048M)

AKS-101 (CM.040)

AKS-104 (CM.040B)

AK-74M (CM.040C)

AK-105 (CM.040D)

Hope that helps ^_^

Indeed. I did a little research and found the following CYMA guns are full VFC style construction...

AKS-74UN [Polymer Handguard Version] (CM.045)

AKS-74UN [Real Wood Handguard Version] (CM.045A)

AKM (CM.048M)

AKS-101 (CM.040)

AKS-104 (CM.040B)

AK-74M (CM.040C)

AK-105 (CM.040D)

Hope that helps ^_^

Wait i thought that one had Inokatsu construction barrel.

This construction style thing is killing me making a choice.

Isnt DBoys due for an AKM(S) soon?

Wait i thought that one had Inokatsu construction barrel.

This construction style thing is killing me making a choice.

Isnt DBoys due for an AKM(S) soon?

lets put it this way, realswords are built that way and they're arguably the best on the market.

i think i would wait for Dboys effort though, as it should be full steel.

lets put it this way, realswords are built that way and they're arguably the best on the market.

aye but they arent arguably best on the market because of that, more despite that.

tbh though Id be less concerned about wether the barrel is pinned or screwed on than wether the rest of the internal layout is identical to the VFC

eg

internal strengthening plates of same dimensions

folds at top of the receiver the same size

width of barrel trunnion

and wether the outer barrel stops at same place VFC/Dboys do or carries on into the receiver to provide a pair of tangs to mount the hop unit onto inokatsu style

those are the VFC elements that are going to dictate wether you can drop a gas blow back kit in there as a reversible drop in setup, or wether you're going to have to hack it around to do so as a more or less one way trip.

Jin have you had a problem with screwing off the flash hider since there isn't a way to access the set screw on the flash hider? I also jammed the retaining pin that come out of the front site. For some reason the front 30% just hates me.

Yes, but it wasn't too difficult to fix. I took a little Goof Off and squirted it into the space between the flashider and the 14mm thread adapter inside the flash hider, let it sit for a few minutes, and then gently giggled the flashider back and forth until that little grub screw worked it's way loose and I could unscrew the flashider without damaging the threads underneath. Once the flashider was off I just took a pair of pliers and removed that little grub screw so as not to cause future problems.

For the retaining pin, mine is very sticky. To make it go in you have to position a screw driver or some other device up against it and gently (I repeat, "gently") tap the back of the screw driver with a hammer. To make the pin go back out, take off the upper handguard and you'll see the pin poking out the back of the front sight, just do the same thing with the screwdriver and hammer to make it go forward again. Once again, be very gentle. The cast steel front sight can form a crack around the 2 pins that hold it to the barrel if you're too rough on it. I have not had this problem, as I was very gentle with it, but I have seen others who have.

Now my turn to ask a question...

The LCT/Inokatsu pistol grips and handguards, are they compatible with VFC system AK-74s?

Edited by Jin15