LHC to begin testing in 24 hours!

TheKurodaVagrant

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why prey tell are the powering up on a *fruitcage* saturday?

if i had the choice between oh working the wekeend and not having a life or doing it a day earlier and partaying when it works then i know what i would chose.

that said if it does fail then they can have a last beerage the night before.

Yeah, they'll do the first test on December 21, 2012.

Now THAT'S a day I expect to see some zombies. I should probably stop with airsoft for a bit so I can at least have a reliable rifle and handgun by then. :rolleyes:

I'm disappointed in this date confusion. I see 8/9 as the date for the first injection test, 9/10 as the main ring test... and I have no idea what LHCountdown.com was actually counting down to now, especially since it's offline from traffic.

D:

There has been a fanboy resonance cascade. The news of their progress is rippling throughout the masses, sending forth a violent wave of server requests, taking down any site in their path.

On slightly unrelated news, my beloved 4c*** is down also. There were tons of LHC threads on it yesterday. Coincidence? I think NOT!

I predict a terrorist attack. Or an attempt at one.

I mean, if the people who are protesting this facility's use really believe it could destroy the universe, why wouldn't they put their swords where their mouth is?

I strongly suspect, however, that the facility's sole weak point is an exhaust port only two meters wide, which is impossible to hit. Even for a computer.

Terrorists? It seems to me that they are the terrorists.

What a weird time we live in. You can proclaim to everyone when and where you will activate a device that could potentially end the world, and not only does the government not stop you, but they label anyone that would try a terrorist.

How can they say "this probably won't end the world" and still be able to do this?! I'm so frustrated right now! I don't care what it does, if it has the potential, even slightly, of killing everyone on the planet... don't do it!

Where is James Bond when you need him?!

That's because it's for science, the only true religion, and the intent is not malicious at all. We're far more likely to learn a whole lot more about how our universe works from this than to have it torn apart before our eyes.

Keep in mind collisions FAR more energetic than the ones proposed for the LHC occur millions of times a second in this universe and even occur in our upper atmosphere. No need to feel like it's a case of OMG TERRISTS!! Now sit down and get back to daydreaming about portals to hell being opened.

Oh boy.

The LHC Won't make black holes and gobble up the earth. You have my personal word for that. If it does end the world, then, well, I suppose I owe you a pint.

Terrorists? It seems to me that they are the terrorists.

What a weird time we live in. You can proclaim to everyone when and where you will activate a device that could potentially end the world, and not only does the government not stop you, but they label anyone that would try a terrorist.

How can they say "this probably won't end the world" and still be able to do this?! I'm so frustrated right now! I don't care what it does, if it has the potential, even slightly, of killing everyone on the planet... don't do it!

Where is James Bond when you need him?!

:rofl:

You are joking right?

Archived