LHC to begin testing in 24 hours!

TheKurodaVagrant

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aaaaannnyywhoo. I thought that they were still cooling the main bits of the LHC? I mean, yeah, they can do bits and bobs with it soon, by the looks of it, but it's still a few months/weeks before they fire up the main cannon of awesome, right?

I'm pretty sure the LHC is completely cooled down, or is at least cooled down enough to begin the low-energy test collisions today. Just to make sure it's all gravy and someone didn't miss one out of the trillions of connections in the behemoth. God, wouldn't that suck. :o

I feel absolutely naked without a crowbar here. All of my big tools are at my parent's home and not here in my townhouse, so I think I might need to make a run to Home Depot in the next 15 hours. Although I'd personally opt for a Halligan tool, those might be a bit harder to find and are a whole hell of a lot more expensive.

Makes me wonder if the Home Depot will be sold out...

Shutting down...attempting shutdown. It's not....it's not shutting down, it's not...WHAAAAAAAAAUGH!

*big lasery death*

That game made me realize how if I ever come in possession of a lab, I need big pipes running through the building labeled "LASERS." Science always needs more lasers. Especially ones that just don't make sense.

Zombies are a highly unlikely consequence. It's more likely that we'll be hit with extradimensional monsters or just an instant "oops Earth is gone, by bad" scenario. (Ooh, so that's what a strangelet looks like...) If you don't want to see zombies, then just find a way around Ravenholm. People don't go there anymore for a reason.

Besides, the high-energy collisions won't start until late October, from what I can tell. It's probably all equipment calibration until then.

Sometimes I wonder if there are things we as humans are not supposed to monkey with.

Micro black holes... sounds a little off to me

REM summed it up better then I can

Its The End Of The World As We Know It(And I Feel Fine)

That's great, it starts with an earthquake,

birds and snakes, an aeroplane - Lenny Bruce is not afraid.

Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn -

world serves its own needs,

Don't misserve your own needs.

Feed it off an aux speak, grunt no, strength no.

Latter starts to clatter with fear fight, down height.

Wire in a fire, representing seven games in a government for hire and a combat site.

Left of west, was a coming in a hurry with the furies breathing down your neck.

Team by team reporters baffled, trumped, tethered, cropped.

Look at that low playing! Fine then.

Uh oh, overflow, population, common food, but it'll do.

Save yourself, serve yourself.

World serves its own needs, listen to your heart bleed.

Tell me with the rapture and the reverent in the right - right.

You vitriolic, patriotic, slam, fight, bright light, feeling pretty psyched.

It's the end of the world as we know it.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in Foreign towers.

Slash and burn, return, listen to yourself churn.

Lock him in uniform and book burning, blood running.

Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate.

Light a candle, light a votive. Step down, step down.

Watch a heel crush, crush.

Uh oh, this means no fear - cavalier. Renegade and steer clear!

A tournament, a tournament, a tournament of lies.

Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives and I decline.

(It's Time I had some time alone)

(It's Time I had some time alone)

The other night I tripped the lights continental drift divide.

Mount St. Edelite. Leonard Bernstein.

Leonid Breshnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester Banks.

Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, boom!

You symbiotic, patriotic, slam, book,neck, right? Right.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine...fine...

That game made me realize how if I ever come in possession of a lab, I need big pipes running through the building labeled "LASERS." Science always needs more lasers. Especially ones that just don't make sense.

You think that's bad? Who designs a nuclear reactor so the only way to turn it on is to be inside the damn thing?

I never got the appeal of half life, I mean it was too puzzely for me, I'm not sure I got past the first level, I tried to this experiement but everytime I did it it went wrong and all kinds of bad stuff happened.

Either that's cleverly designed Sarcasm, or you didn't watch what happened next ;):D

I predict a terrorist attack. Or an attempt at one.

I mean, if the people who are protesting this facility's use really believe it could destroy the universe, why wouldn't they put their swords where their mouth is?

I strongly suspect, however, that the facility's sole weak point is an exhaust port only two meters wide, which is impossible to hit. Even for a computer.

Nah, I used to bullseye womp-rats in my T-16 back on tatooine, they aren't much bigger than that.

Anyway, they can just use the LHC to give the attackers (even their helicopters) cancer.

And the terminatrix is vulnerable to the magnets on the accelerator anyway.

Not even KidScotland can save us. We need the One Free Man.

The Badger believes that its not that KidScotland can't save us, its just that he wont.

For those of you worried or confused as to what will happen once the LHC is activated, heres a 1950s instructional video of what to do

As you can see, hiding under your desks is the only way to survive when the LHC causes teachers to charge and fire lasers.

Archived