SIG Picture Thread

Get someone else (unless you are really skilled) to fit the body as the job is awful to do as you have to dremel the gas block to get it to fit in the slide and there are a few other niggles.

But the final result is an awesome pistol that is very accurate and looks the dogs with the silencer, i have put a pic of my Guarder metal bodied P226 below.

curlyboy

p226004kp8.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get someone else (unless you are really skilled) to fit the body as the job is awful to do as you have to dremel the gas block to get it to fit in the slide and there are a few other niggles.

But the final result is an awesome pistol that is very accurate and looks the dogs with the silencer, i have put a pic of my Guarder metal bodied P226 below.

curlyboy

p226004kp8.jpg

umm do you know of any websites that will do it for me?

curlyboy

p226004kp8.jpg

umm what silencer is that please send me a link
well i will spend more on the tools then when i can just find someone to do it for me

Yes but in the long run you will spend more, once you have a tool kit , you have it for life along with the skills you learnt. Get someone else to do it and you will be doing it for life as you will not pick up the skills nor have the tools. The other thing is a tool kit is always very handy to have arouond the house for other things as well as Airsoft.

Dang. Thats hot far east :flamed:

Thanks Ban Mido, took alot of work getting the Hogue grips to fit around two hours worth of grinding to get it to sit, also used some double bubble epoxy to close the back so now the join is invisible, ony problem is though that if i need to get inside I will have to kill the grips.

Yes but in the long run you will spend more, once you have a tool kit , you have it for life along with the skills you learnt. Get someone else to do it and you will be doing it for life as you will not pick up the skills nor have the tools. The other thing is a tool kit is always very handy to have arouond the house for other things as well as Airsoft.

Yes i know but i dont want to take a risk of braking my gun, do you know if wgcshop will do the upgrading for me?

WGC will do it,i know the UN company sell them with the body already fitted and they also do one with a threaded barrel.

The threaded barrel on mine is made by prime and comes with a silencer so you dont have to buy one seperately, however i bought mine in the UK so try to source it from HK as it will be much cheaper.

You can as suggested fit the metal body yourself but be warned the packaging contains the 3 scariest words in airsofting EASY TO FIT .

curlyboy

You can as suggested fit the metal body yourself but be warned the packaging contains the 3 scariest words in airsofting EASY TO FIT .

curlyboy

I'm sorry but your making it out to be harder than what it actually is. With some patients and the correct tools anyone thats capable of making an airfix/pro model could do it.

where do i get a tool kit? :blink:

Dear god! Do you have a hardware store near you, a Wall Mart, Cost CO. Or even better a hobby shop.

You will need the following and they are all relativly cheap and you might already have them:

Allen wrench set (Hex bolt)

Screw driver set , both flat and philips type (Watch makers set is perfect)

Torx wrench set

small model makers hammer

punch

wire stripers

tweezers (needle nose and bent nose)

needle nose pliers

Stanley knife or craft knife

thats a basic Airsofters tool kit and will cost you less than $50.00 USD

Yes i know but i dont want to take a risk of braking my gun, do you know if wgcshop will do the upgrading for me?

I know how you feel and it's a real *badgeress* when it happens but it's part of the learning curve. You have a solid reference source here on Arnies, and if you get the correct tools for the job it will open a whole new joy in Airsofting. Alot of the truely amazing guns here on Arnies (Titleist and a few others) are customised by thier owners not the shops they got the parts from.

Also on another level, building your own guns will helpk you out on the feild, due to building, repairing and upgrading all my guns I have a very close relationship with them and I know straight away if there is a problem, many a time i have repaired a gun in the safe zone and being ready to go out within the hour to play with it again.

On the PGC kit it's only a small part that needs to be modified and their is exstensive guides both by WGC, RedWolf and PGC on how to do the modification, I do beleive it ships witha CD on how to do it.

Edited by FarEast
WGC will do it,i know the UN company sell them with the body already fitted and they also do one with a threaded barrel.

The threaded barrel on mine is made by prime and comes with a silencer so you dont have to buy one seperately, however i bought mine in the UK so try to source it from HK as it will be much cheaper.

curlyboy

Oh thanks i like the prime barrel much better than the small G&G silencer

Edited by Killa