SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sigchamberlb6.jpg

sigglasstk1.jpg

signochaberex5.jpg

This is Phase II of my ongoing Sig project. Currently it is upgraded with the following:

• Action Custom Polished Slide
  • Action Custom Polished Outer Barrel
  • Proud 150% Recoil Spring
  • Proud 150% Hammer Spring
  • Custom Fitted RS Mainspring Seat
  • Custom Fitted RS Hogue Grips
  • Custom Fitted Stainless Grip Screws
  • Polished Take Down Lever, Decocker, Trigger, Slide Lock & Mag Catch
  • Black Krylon Paint On Slide
Recommendations of what Phase III should constitute are more than welcome. Right now I know that it needs to include a metal frame.

As of now I am thinking a Creation Non-Railed frame would be best but any comments or guidance would be great, especially from someone who actually owns one. Since this is primarily a skirmish gun I think that I will leave the Action slide on because I don't care if it gets beat up.

I am also wondering whether it is worth it to buy an extra soft KM hop-up bucking. Has anyone used on of these and gotten good/bad results?

Finally I am looking to buy a threaded outer barrel and suppressor. I think that G&G SS-100 will work well for the suppressor but I am undecided on a barrel. I have heard good things about the Nine Ball SAS barrels but they have the cons of cost as well as the lack of any markings. I have heard mixed reviews of the other lower cost barrels (like guarder) but again any first hand experience based recommendations would be a great help.

Before someone says "Search n00b" I want to say that I have read this whole thread top to bottom. My purpose in asking the above questions is to let people have the fun of telling me what to do. :)

I also need to thank PenGun for his great thread about how to fit the Hogues (for reference it can be found

here

EDIT: 10th post so now I'm a basic member. What fun!

Edited by Romulus

Sorry for all the questions, but I have to ask some more regarding the trademarks.

I'm incredibly anal about trademarks, and the Tokyo Marui trademarks just kill me <_<

Once I get my TM p226 in, I plan to start saving up for the Guarder kit, but I'm not 100% sure how the trademarks match up with the real steel Sig Sauer P226R.

As far as I can tell:

Stock Tokyo Marui P226:

Left: SIG SAUER P226 STAINLESS

SiGARMS INC.

EXETER-NH-USA

Right: 9mm Para TOKYO MARUI CO.LTD-

MADE IN JAPAN

ASGK U 888 921

Guarder:

Left: SIG SAUER P226 STAINLESS

SiGARMS INC.

Right: (circle design) SiGARMS INC. EXETER-NH

FRAME MADE IN GERMANY

IS U000 540

As for the real steel, I have no clue. Yes I did search on Google, but I couldn't find any images that showed me the trademarks clearly on both sides. If anybody could let me know what the real steel trademarks read on the P226R, or just basically tell me if the Guarder Kit's trademarks are 100% on with the real steel or not, that would be great. If they are not correct, please tell me what is different.

Thanks!

Hey guys, very nice handguns.

I have a few questions, if you don't mind.

1.) What is the best metal kit out there? Something with accurate trade marks, and allowing me to get as close as possible to the authentic weight.

2.)How hard is it to install such an body kit? I have no previous experience with installing such things.

3.) What Real Firearm parts will work? Such as pistol grips, triggers, anything of that sort? I know Holsters will, and I plan on purchasing a Black Hawk Sepra for it.

4.) What internal upgrades are recommended? Such as a PDI 6.01 barrel, piston head, etc? Some suggestions would be much appreciated, I want to get the most bang for my buck with this handgun.

5.)Difficultly on installing such internal upgrades?

Thanks alot guys, and keep in mind these all will not be purchased at once.

Thanks,

Cam

Cam Keo SOC16, 

You have no excuses here as there are 38 pages of the very info you require. From memory virtually every aspect is covered.

Forgive me, I wasent trying to take the easy way out, I honestly just don't have the time currently to go through all 38 pages.

Ahh...I got nothing better to do.

1.) What is the best metal kit out there? Best is PGC, IMO. Best you can really find is Prime. Difference is you can get railed and non-railed (which is preference really)

2.)How hard is it to install such an body kit? Not too difficult, mostly just going to require some filing to get it to fit correctly.

3.) What Real Firearm parts will work? That I know of the easiest are real grips. You can do some hefty modding and get actual Trijicon sights on it though.

4.) What internal upgrades are recommended? Typically at least a 150% recoil spring and a high flow valve for some.

5.)Difficultly on installing such internal upgrades? Depends on how well you follow directions, but should be fairly easy

Couple guides for ya:

Lower frame and mag stripping

Slide and blowback engine strip

Thanks to amateurstuntman for doing both of those guides.

And if you know the parts and can keep everything straight without pics, this should be sufficient in itself:

P226 strip guide by the sniper from ASCUK

I'm so mean.

Personally, I would go with PGC, while Creation are very good as well. If your looking for chalk and cheese then Guarder, Action etc are the other end of the scale.

I would add, however, that the hi-flow valves are a rip. Reason I say this is because the exit port on the stock valve is the same size, near as damn it, to the mag exit port. Therefore, buying a valve with an enlarge exit port is a waste since the gas only gets constricted once more by the mag outlet.

Also, and unless someone can correct me on this, I doubt the open area of the inlet side is any larger than a stock valve.

Edited by Tommygunn

Their online store isn't up to date. You can email them for updated info but that's not much easier since they don't reply consistently. However, if you are lucky enough to get a response, please tell them to respond to me too. :D

My sigs look like that all the time.

I find them very easy to work on.

Anyway, this is what my SG552 looks like for the moment:

SigSG5521.jpg

SigSG5522.jpg

Noveske, Laylax battery eotech, M910 replica, iron sights removed with the plastic body from an SG550 and rewired with a burst fire mechanism inside.

Coming soon another hurricane metal body and a Proud quad rail handguard for it (and a bit of paint here and there)

Edited by amateurstuntman

Don't fret, the SG550 is fine but it has a hurricane metal body on it meaning I had a spare plastic body.

I used the 550 body to build the 552 because the 552 body I had was cracked and broken.

I will put the 550 body back in the parts box when I get another metal body for the 552.

Don't fret, the SG550 is fine but it has a hurricane metal body on it meaning I had a spare plastic body.

I used the 550 body to build the 552 because the 552 body I had was cracked and broken.

I will put the 550 body back in the parts box when I get another metal body for the 552.

ahhh ok then, I'll let you off :P lol

coming soon....my 551 with ACOG