SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there guys. I've just got a KJW P226, and quite a few parts are broken (the hammer, the left side of the hammer housing, and at least one of the silver bits inside the hammer housing.

Anyone know if TM ones will fit? and if there's a UK stockist for either?

also, i'm certain i'm missing some springs. :(

Edited by Tinkerbell

KJW is a complete clone of the TM so yes parts are cross-compatible. I havnt seen any UK retailers carrying small replacement parts like that for the P226, your best bet is UNCo.

The UK retailer with the most P226 parts ive found is fire support, but even then its only a few parts.

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comers...=p226&curPage=2

is there anything wrong with the guarder ones? Thinking about getting it installed (professionally of course).

nothing wrong with them at all!!! they do look the part too. not as nice as the PGC but you get what you pay really......

so in short, good value for money!!

its like the kit car version of a ferrari for the ones that cant afford the real thing! looks like a ferrari, sounds like a ferrari, but didn't cost as much as a ferrari!!! :D

Cheers pope. Does anyone know if anyone will sell me a complete hammer unit? i'm not sure whats broken and whats not, and i dont really know how it all goes together. wouldn't mind saving myself some hassle by having one that'll drop in...

Edited by Tinkerbell

You can get individual parts from leonardinjapan@hotmail.com and there is brilliant guide to the P226 lower pinned in the just handguns section that looks like the bloke who did it is a really dishy hunk.

Not balding either.

If you need any help just chuck pictures what you have got in the thread and I'll help if I can.

There is also a handy picture showing all the springs that should be in the lower together.

That guy must be soooo sexy

cheers stunt. any news on the TMP stuff front?

as for teh '226, i've broken the hammer, the left side of the hammer unit housing, i've bent the push pin that holds the hammer housing the the frame, and i've also broken the firing pin :(

i also appear to be missing springs number: 48, 47, and 54.

help!

as for teh '226, i've broken the hammer, the left side of the hammer unit housing, i've bent the push pin that holds the hammer housing the the frame, and i've also broken the firing pin :(

i also appear to be missing springs number: 48, 47, and 54.

help!

Are you going on KJW or TM part numbers? (they differ by a few numbers for each part)

If UNCo don't have all the parts you need, your best option is to email Leonard (see AS' post above). He offers a great service, parts are cheaper than UNCo too.

cheers

The spring numbers you mentioned in the post, 47, 48 and 54 are not in the hammer group, you know that right?

They are the trigger spring, slide lock return spring and the takedown catch detente spring.

There is an upgraded steel firing pin out now and steel hammers, might as well take the opportunity to upgrade.

I might not need the take down catch detente spring (i haven't taken the trigger unit apart.) bu ti definately need the slide stop spring (lost it earlier) and the other one.

Where abouts do i get these steel parts then? not seen them anywhere...

Oh, sorry, i don;t have a bipod on (flashlight) but an RAS bipod could easily be added.

And my camera is out of service now, i'll take pics when i get it workign again

Ahh ok no probs. Quick question, I'm assuming to fit a rail to the top of the 551 I'd have to drill into the body? Want a sight but dont want to touch the gun lol

Nope, the TM Sg552 low profile rail (or the old high mount) don't need to be screwed on the receiver, they work the same way as the real one, but with a screw instead of the spring. They come between the part just behind the handguard (with the Swiss cross on it) and the rear sight. It's hard to explain but pretty straightforward once you see it in person.

Aslo, I think you could put a standard harris bipod (without RIS interface) the way they also mount on M16's handguards, through the bottom holes. Note that I'm not sure about the method, but I've seen that kind of configuration on RS without any rail, it may require to modify/enlarge one of the holes in the lower handguard.

Oh, and Elcan are the sex on Sig!

Ooo cheers for the advice, will get a sight after all. I don't like the eclan though eugh lol

Think I'll go with the one I posted earlier, my mate has one on an M14 and its pretty cool.

I've got a spare Sig scope mount base...

Ooo and I get paid next saturday... lol