SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guarder kit now.

I red a lot of stuff in this thread about metal kit of PGC, G&P, Action, Creation, Prime for the p226. I knew when I ordered my Guarder kit that it'll not be the prettiest I could find. But I thought it was a good ratio between quality and price. I think now that I was wrong...

Pictures ? Here they are.

Slide :

p226_5.jpg

p226_6.jpg

p226_7.jpg

p226_8.jpg

p226_9.jpg

Frame :

p226_14.jpg

p226_13.jpg

p226_12.jpg

p226_10.jpg

p226_11.jpg

I know it's moulded and not machined, but you can really do better than that. Comparatively, the frame is better finished than the slide.

I bought a guarder barrel with this kit. It didn't even sit on the slide. Barbs all over there prevent it to sit correctly. I'd have to sand these barbs and I'll say goodbye to the finish.

Awful and I think (IMHO) that it's not a good ratio quality/price.

G&P, or Action are worse than that ? I doubt. And they are cheaper.

Creation, PGC and Prime are better tant that ? For sure. How not to be ?

Now, what to do ? Buy an other metal kit ? Sell all the stuff and buy an other gun ?

Titleist, I can well believe that it's the better base for a good skirmish pistol but, IMHO, there's a lot of work (and money to spend) for achieving this goal.

lol, what hobby did you think you were into again? hehe.

titleist, I know that. I owned 20 pistols, 4 sniper rifles and a lot of accessories. All this stuff cost me a lot of money... I sold a lot of guns, and now own only 2 rifles and 2 pistols. No 3, with the p226, but I don't know if i'll keep it.

I knew that some of us can afford to spend such money on their hobby. But some can't. Even if the p226 is the better base for a skirmish pistol, I think you can find one wich is cheaper to buy and upgrade than the TM p226, with nearly the same result.

I said I own two rifles : a CAW M700 wood and a Maruzen T96. The second one, upgraded, cost me twice as the CAW, wich is upgraded too.

There's a few parts for the CAW, so the upgrade is limited but sufficient. Even if you want to spend a lot of money, you can't. That's good !

For the maruzen you can ! (spend) And I did it...

Finally, the overall beter design quality of the CAW makes it more enjoyable to play with... I don't say that the maruzen is not a good rifle.

It's not ONLY a question of money. It's more, IMHO, a question of overall quality.

Money doesn't always transform bad, or ordinary, things in good ones.

Edited by formvb

Oups, I forgot.

I try to find some pics of the Creation frame. I found pics of aluminium slide (silver) but no pic of the frame (other than the pics of the online shops)

I don't manage to search on this forum with advanced criteria :angry:

Do you you have links or pictures to show ?

Thanks.

And YES the PGC kit is the best. I think the overal finish is better on the prime however.

But the prime lacks the trigger screw :angry: Even if the PGC one is not completly done, the screw is outline. There's nothing, as I can see, on the Prime frame. More over, navy engraving is not my taste.

With the PGC kit, I can approach this

p226_16.jpgp226_17.jpg

Looks gorgeous :rolleyes:

...But I hesitate with that

p226_18.jpgp226_19.jpg

For this last set, I think I need two PGC kits :huh: And I'm dead.

Or the Creation frame and the Creation steel slide (the black aluminium slide lacks extractor). But then, I'm dead too :o

Will I survive ?

Sorry but the Prime is more accurate than the PGC because the Prime uses no screw near the trigger frame to hold the trigger block into the frame. Because of this the Prime is EXACTLY the same as a real 226 in overal dimension, I have even measured this with my calipers on my Prime and REAL Sig 226. They're dead on.

The PRIME is a replica of what current 226s look like, down to the markings, the PGC is a replica of the previous generation of gun.

Now here's a question, why hasn't someone made a proper P226 slide/frame release?! The one from the Marui 226 is based on the newer SEALS style 226, whereas 99 percent of sigs have the lower profile version.

Sorry but the Prime is more accurate than the PGC because the Prime uses no screw near the trigger frame to hold the trigger block into the frame. Because of this the Prime is EXACTLY the same as a real 226 in overal dimension, I have even measured this with my calipers on my Prime and REAL Sig 226. They're dead on.

I don't have the real p226, so I trust you. But, I was talking about this screw

p226_20.jpg

The external trigger screw. Even if the overall dimension is dead on, this detail is quite disturbing. I don't understand why they do not made this screw.

When was introduce the new frame ?

Very nice 226s everyone! I especially like Titeist's replica of Jack Bauer's pistol, you've gotta show me the next time you're at Ord. Here's my little contribution, a very rare and customized tan teflon-coated piece (at least for now it is.) I received it as a gift just a few days ago....

P226R.jpg

P226R_3.jpg

Edited by Fade
I don't have the real p226, so I trust you. But, I was talking about this screw

The external trigger screw. Even if the overall dimension is dead on, this detail is quite disturbing. I don't understand why they do not made this screw.

When was introduce the new frame ?

I don't think I'd called that omission disturbing, it's not that bad, dude.

Secondly, it IS THERE, it just doesn't have the cross of a fake screw like the PGC or other kits. Keep in mind PRIME was out first, WAY FIRST compared to the other companies, so I'll cut 'em a little slack:

Here's some examples of the different fake screws above the trigger guard, personally it's not that bad, you make it out to be some killer deciding factor when it's not.

226tt_1.jpg

P226_2.jpg

Yeah those look sweet man.  So it's just a stock marui with guarder kit...nothing else? how well does it shoot with just a guarder kit on?  Do you have the tan or is that OD?

Other than the Guarder frame upgrade over the TM base, its a stock pistol. My friend who has the exact same setup has said that the bb's have been veering off to the right a bit while firing. I haven't had the chance to test fire it yet but I'll report on it once I do. BTW, AEX offers an OD version as well... although I do prefer tan! :)

So just to get some things straight, which Sig Sauer P226 metal slide&frame (rail version) are the most realistic, compared to the real SIG Sauer P226 Rail? is it the Guarder version, PGC or the Prime?

best in detail, material, scale, and markings? it might be kinda noobish question, and it could have been asked before, but who knows the answer?

thanks in advance,

Greets Rick

So just to get some things straight, which Sig Sauer P226 metal slide&frame (rail version) are the most realistic, compared to the real SIG Sauer P226 Rail? is it the Guarder version, PGC or the Prime?

best in detail, material, scale, and markings? it might be kinda noobish question, and it could have been asked before, but who knows the answer?

thanks in advance,

Greets Rick