GBB accidents?

tosuzu

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if this counts , but it is related...

At a hot day on a skirmish ,

a teammate went to the car with a bottle of gas in his vest to search for his mobile phone...

It was under the front passenger seat , so he puts the bottle of gas (green i think) on the dashboard...

After a few hours ,

nobody thought of the bottle of gas at the time ,

a VERY big explosion sounded from the car park...

We were all laughing (well almost everyone) about someone beign so stupid to let a bottle of gas inside a car at 35°Celcius...

I took a look at my teammate who forgot his can , and hi was as white like a deadbody...

After knowing it was probably my car where the gas canister expolded in , we ran in to the car park...

The aftermath :

-1 BMW 1series front windshield and rubbers.

-1 complete dashboard

-2 windshield whipers

Good for 3000€ on repairs and working hours ,

glad we were both good ensured , and the insurance company paid the whole lot!!!

This would be the most stupid thing i ever have occured with i guess...

I don't know if this counts , but it is related...

At a hot day on a skirmish ,

a teammate went to the car with a bottle of gas in his vest to search for his mobile phone...

It was under the front passenger seat , so he puts the bottle of gas (green i think) on the dashboard...

After a few hours ,

nobody thought of the bottle of gas at the time ,

a VERY big explosion sounded from the car park...

We were all laughing (well almost everyone) about someone beign so stupid to let a bottle of gas inside a car at 35°Celcius...

I took a look at my teammate who forgot his can , and hi was as white like a deadbody...

After knowing it was probably my car where the gas canister expolded in , we ran in to the car park...

The aftermath :

-1 BMW 1series front windshield and rubbers.

-1 complete dashboard

-2 windshield whipers

Good for 3000€ on repairs and working hours ,

glad we were both good ensured , and the insurance company paid the whole lot!!!

This would be the most stupid thing i ever have occured with i guess...

I hate to make light of such a story, but that's the best story i've ever heard.

One day i had a few mates round, guys and girls. Guys senisble pick up a GBB (which i loaded) holds a arms length n pull the trigger the standered way to hold a pistol as well as most of the girls except for one....

She picked up my WA Colt 1911 with a metal slide load with green gas held it up to her face looking down the site about 1cm from her face and pulled the trigger neadless to say the slide went back allmost straight into her eye and left an imprint of the back of the slide on her face was very very funny, she never touched my guns again lol

Pity that... Remember the song from Platoon: This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for shooting, this is for fun.... :)

You know, funniest 'accident' I have had with GBBs was when someone opened up behind me with a KSC TMP... I sat down in a puddle of stagnant rainwater in surprise.... That was first time I heard the thing go full-auto... Of course, I had to get an SPP (it's FMP fanboy thing...) for myself later.

I'll tell you what's not funny, removing the thumb safety from a 1911 only to find you had forgotten to hold the plunger and spending the next hour or so looking for the damn plunger and spring all the while cursing up a storm. What's even unfunnier is when you do it again shortly after you find them!

Pity that... Remember the song from Full Metal Jacket: This is my rifle, this is my gun, this is for shooting, this is for fun.... :)

fixed

My favorite is still shooting GBBs in the airsoft store on straight propane and having some one walking in aksing why it smells like dead bodies:)

or

the day I realized my sidearm, a Tanaka 500 Magnum shooters harder than all my other guns, even my sniper

I was messing around with my WE 1911, I found a bb on the floor and loaded it into the mag, the plastic part that I was holding to hold back the spring in the mag slipped, the bb shot around the room, left a dent in the wall, and hit me in the back. The plastic part that slipped lodged itself into my thumb, I had to push it back to remove it.

Not an accident, but quite funny.

Me and a friend were drunkenly playing at "gun-kata" with GBBs (safety specs on of course) and I managed to grab the pistol in her hand, pop the mag, and detach the slide in on fluid motion.

The look on her face as I stepped back from her and let her aim at me and pull the trigger was amazing. Unfortunately, she was next to the airsoft crate and proceeded to arm up with my P90 and spray my legs.

I got a freind to hold a lighter to the muzzle of my mac 11 to make it spew flame. We knew it was a risk so we wore gloves, but didn't think it was risky enough as not to do it. Would of been pretty sweet though, assuming we didn't lose fingers or get horribly burnt :/

That where you got your nick?

Anyone else ever had the problem of ding a mag change on a pistol that ends with the mag coming up to pistol but instead of going in, it nudges the magazine just so that the mag empties the BBs in a fountain spray right under one's mask?

had I looked down, it'd have been less irritating, as the mask would have blocked the BBs, but this time they all peppered my jowly chin just under the edge of the mask. Thankfully, the mag spring wasn't that pwoerful, no nasty welts.

Well never had an accident as such but there are two funny incidents involving GBB's that I can remember:

I shoot practical quite a lot and my friend Ray was having some trouble with his WA race gun one evening, he soldiered on none the less until the third stage, already irrate at his gun having jammed and lost him a few stages he heard the buzzer, drew, fired and listened to the laughter as we all watched the outer fore barrel from is WA pat harmlessly off the target infront of him. There was some swearing and he gave up for the night!

The most recent thing I remember happenning was on one of the Stirling combat missions I was using a stock Marui G17 and we were acting the part of a police force, so it fit I guess. Being called up to help out medic people I ran over to the area and had to let rip a few rounds at some unfotunate chap in a doorway, ran a little further, spotted another target and went for the trigger again, only to find that it was rather solid, amidst the screams of 'medic' (me being the only medic alive at the time) I was spotted crouched behind a tree taking fire as I tried to jam the slide back onto the Glock as in the 27 degree heat it had blown clean off the rear rails. Fixed it though and did some heroic medicing, needless to say that gun now has a nice steel slide and outer barrel! And I started taking my primary everywhere with me for the rest of that mission, one Glock mag simply is not enough sometimes!

I once shot Belladonna by accident.

When I get bored loading up on a morning I sometimes point my pistol (single action 1911) with the hammer down at her pull the trigger and say bang.

One morning I got a new USP (double action) and I think you can guess the rest.

Yes I'm an idiot.

When I got my first GBB which was a KWC Desert Eagle with both 6" and 10" barrels my brother decided to give it a go so he picked it up with the 6" barrel and fired off a few shots at arms length then he asked if he could try it with the 10" barrel and after I swapped it he put it about an inch from his eye and pulled the trigger.

me showing off my maruzen scorpion to a buddy

gased up the mag, jammed the spring of the follower to be able to dry fire

i point at his stomac...say "no worries there are no rounds in it"

pull and BANG

there was a round in the chamber left :P:rolleyes:

I was at a friend's house for a skirmish. He wanted to see my glock 18, and I let him shoot it. He had terrible muzzle discipline and had his finger on the trigger. I told him to keep the finger off the trigger, and he said "don't worry the safety is on...." Then BAM, he launches a round into another friend's unfortunate *albartroth* about five feet away.

Turns out that the safety on my KSC G18 does not work as advertised :P

I once shot Belladonna by accident.

When I get bored loading up on a morning I sometimes point my pistol (single action 1911) with the hammer down at her pull the trigger and say bang.

One morning I got a new USP (double action) and I think you can guess the rest.

Yes I'm an idiot.

When I got my first GBB which was a KWC Desert Eagle with both 6" and 10" barrels my brother decided to give it a go so he picked it up with the 6" barrel and fired off a few shots at arms length then he asked if he could try it with the 10" barrel and after I swapped it he put it about an inch from his eye and pulled the trigger.

WAHAHAHAHAHA this is absolutely the best story ever!

I was introducing some friends to Airsoft, so I had my collection over showing what they were, how to field strip them and how to shoot them. I came to my revolver (TM colt Python .357 6inch) thus began a game of Russian Roullette (all gogged up of course) :D

I have just bought a gas shotty and played a night game with it, during the game I crawled and crept up to a bunker (the fella inside knew I was out there somewhere but not where) anyways I've got the drop on him, I pop up and pull the trigger to find I hadn't cocked the damn thing....I realy must take a photo of the welts next time ;)

One funny thing happened to my friend.

I got a TM DE .50 HK and he loves it (bought himself one too). So he's fondling it, gased up and BBs in hte magazine etc. Completely ready to fire and he does that "I don't know how to use a pistol" aiming style where you put the gun at like 1 inch from your eye and aim. I say to him "Mmm you do know it's gonna hit you in the eye?" and he just replies "naah no BBs left in the magazine". I just start saying "But you changed the.." *blank* "ouch holy **** aaa my eye".. Was hella funny then, allmost broke his glasses. No bad injury, just lil bruise next to his eye.

Anyone else ever had the problem of ding a mag change on a pistol that ends with the mag coming up to pistol but instead of going in, it nudges the magazine just so that the mag empties the BBs in a fountain spray right under one's mask?

had I looked down, it'd have been less irritating, as the mask would have blocked the BBs, but this time they all peppered my jowly chin just under the edge of the mask. Thankfully, the mag spring wasn't that pwoerful, no nasty welts.

That is one of the most annoying things I've ever encountered. I've never been hit in the face with any of the BBs, but taking the time to load up all of those BBs just to have them shoot out on the floor is so frustrating.

I was at a friend's house for a skirmish. He wanted to see my glock 18, and I let him shoot it. He had terrible muzzle discipline and had his finger on the trigger. I told him to keep the finger off the trigger, and he said "don't worry the safety is on...." Then BAM, he launches a round into another friend's unfortunate *albartroth* about five feet away.

Turns out that the safety on my KSC G18 does not work as advertised :P

Too funny. I've found the KSC G18 trigger safeties to work most of the time, but I've had mine "fail" a couple of times...

Aages ago, when I'd just started airsofting, I was at the 'Werkz when a pistols-only game on the ground floor was announced. I thought "sweet!" because I'd just gone and bought myself a 50rd magazine for my WA Para, which I loved. Evidently somebody else there also thought "sweet" because they brought out their pair of shiny new full-auto Glock... things (I don't use Glocks, don't really get on with them, never bothered to learn much about them). Anyway, we get into the skirmish, and he starts charging forward, brings them up, opens up....

BUDDABUDDABUDDABUDDAZIIIING!

And he's standing there, nonplussed, in the semi-darkness of the Elektrowerkz at about 9 o'clock on a Tuesday evening as the rest of the site seems to just... kind of stop around him, as the slides of his shiny new guns do a synchronised dive onto the cobbled floor, where they clatter into a puddle.

A guy popped around the corner, pistol drawn, and shot him- breaking the spell. He looked quite disappointed, swore and walked off to find a torch.

Foir me personally, not to be conceited or anything but I use my pistols as primaries on a semi-regular basis so it's fair to say that I'm handier with a handgun than most on the skirmish field. The guy who runs my local site has done a series of pistol shooting competition type things at lunchtimes- duels, quickdraw competitions, that sort of theing. I've entered a few, but I gave up eventually because literally every time I have entered one my pistol has jammed after the first shot and refused to fire any more. Didn't matter which pistol I used, I've tried both my TMs, all four of my working WAs and even one of the clones at different times.

Of course, they work right straight afterwards. I've put over two hundred rounds through one of the WAs with nary a jam in a skirmish immediately following one of these competitions.

Archived